Holy | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Awful news. Were Juli/Buddy in the car with him or was he alone?

Horrible for everyone involved. This is scary and could happen to any one of us.

Prayers to everyone involved.

Reactions: cto
All I’m saying is don’t be surprised if he takes some time off to deal with this. Would you go right back to work the next day?

I certainly could understand the need to take time off but clearly Coach has a very unique job and after what happened he probably wants to throw himself into his work even more. I can't imagine how bad he feels about what happened but he can't lock himself in his house for the next month. If it is just a tragic accident (which it appears to be) all parties involved have to continue to live their lives while obviously mourning the passing of this man.

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

Somehow you managed to further damage your reputation...

I hope the University can figure out a way to publicly help/honor the victim's family. If he has kids or grandkids, maybe start some scholarship fund for them, or let them be honorary team captains, or just something nice.

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.
This has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on this forum...and that's saying a lot.

You seriously need a timeout from posting.

Speechless

I hope the University can figure out a way to publicly help/honor the victim's family. If he has kids or grandkids, maybe start some scholarship fund for them, or let them be honorary team captains, or just something nice.
Unfortunately I think a civil suit is more likely to occur. No secret in town JB has a lot of money, and also unfortunately, many people who lose loved ones go after some $ when criminal penalties aren't an option.

Really sad and unlucky situation for all involved.

I don’t even know what to say. Horrible. This stuff stays with you forever. I nearly killed a guy a few weeks ago crossing the road in the dark when I was getting kids ice cream. I still see his face as I swerved out of the way. Can’t imagine JB.

I have come up on 2 accidents like this...cars in the middle of road at night. I couldn’t see anything until I was on top of it and was lucky both times not to smash into something or someone. So very sad for everyone involved.

That's horrific.

To add on to what Cherie said, people, when you see a car/vehicle pulled off the side of the road, and you can safely do it, move your vehicle over to the middle lane.
I hadn't heard this before. Is your vehicle actually safer in the middle lane. I get that it might be more visible. But wouldn't there be a more traffic (and thus more of a chance of getting hit) coming through than if you're on the shoulder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom