Holy | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

In 2006, I was in a multi-car accident at night in literally this same exact spot and my car was totaled. There are some blind spots around bends in that part of 690 that are unsafe.
690 is incredibly difficult to drive on. I realize it every time I drive back home from Ohio to Syracuse once I get off 90. I take 481 when I can.

Unfortunately I think a civil suit is more likely to occur. No secret in town JB has a lot of money, and also unfortunately, many people who lose loved ones go after some $ when criminal penalties aren't an option.

Really sad and unlucky situation for all involved.

This post is terrible. The dead man has family, show some compassion.

Man... I pray for the poor guy and his family.
Also pray for JB... taking another person’s life is no small thing. This has to have rocked him to entire core. I doubt he slept last night and won’t sleep well for a long time. I hope, like a lot of athletes, he can find solace during the game and all of the related activities. The poor man is going to be hurting for a very long time.

On a side note.. Where I live we deal with this kind of thing all the time, namely .. the Amish. Every few months somebody smokes an Amish buggy driving on the side of the road after dark. It’s near impossible to see them before it’s too late. They refuse to put any kind of reflection device on their vehicles because it is against their religious principles. Every year there is a tragic accident

Let’s not get into playing the moral games here and say whether or not JAB should attend Gameday or coach the game.

All that literally needs to be said is that this is a tragic situation and I’m sure no one feels worse than JAB himself. That’s it. Nothing else needs to be said.
And now that we have all the information, maybe it’s best to lock the thread.

This post is terrible. The dead man has family, show some compassion.
Terrible that I said civil suits are more likely than being an honorary captain in a college basketball game, for a school and team they might not even care about? I'm not talking about this family, I'm speaking in general. If Tom Crean killed a guy in Georgia, do you think the family would want to be announced at the next Bulldogs game?

With all the info thats been provided it may be best to lock this

Even though this appears to be an honest and tragic accident, there's just something about him appearing on Gameday (which naturally involves joking around and hamming it up with Bilas, etc.) that makes me uncomfortable. I know many will disagree and that's fine.
valid point - I'm sure Bilas and others would set the tone appropriately.

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

An appalling take

Even though this appears to be an honest and tragic accident, there's just something about him appearing on Gameday (which naturally involves joking around and hamming it up with Bilas, etc.) that makes me uncomfortable. I know many will disagree and that's fine.
Good thought but I imagine if he does appear, everyone will be respectful of the situation.

He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

worst post ever

There’s no need to lock it. Everyone is properly being respectful of the situation, save one. It is and will be a big topic for awhile. Even if just for people to express their condolences to all involved.

Just stop with all of this. Let it play out a little.

Some of you may think I’m being insincere but having a chance to digest all of this I recognize that my initial reaction was out of line and I’m sorry that this was even a small distraction in this thread. Hope we see JB on the court saturday and hope the players use this as extra motivation.

Hopefully opposing student sections will have more common sense and sensitivity than I did.

What kind of car does JB drive? I have been thinking about getting rid of my ZL1 because visibility to horrid.

Horrible. Tragic. Feel terrible for everyone involved. I'm sure this will stay with JB forever.

Some of you may think I’m being insincere but having a chance to digest all of this I recognize that my initial reaction was out of line and I’m sorry that this was even a small distraction in this thread. Hope we see JB on the court saturday and hope the players use this as extra motivation.

Hopefully opposing student sections will have more common sense and sensitivity than I did.

This is what you do when you make a bad post. No goal post moving, or doubling-down, or pretending to be offended, just a simple owning of it and apology. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom