Holy | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

This is what you do when you make a bad post. No goal post moving, or doubling-down, or pretending to be offended, just a simple owning of it and apology. Well done.

Yup, and then...stop posting in the thread.

I agree that we live in a society that desires to sue for just about anything under the sun, but on what grounds could a civil suit even be based on in this situation, against Boeheim? From what’s been shared so far JB was driving with a 0.00 BAC, at the appropriate speed, avoided a crashed car/accident and hit a person who was outside of the car... where’s the responsibility/negligence in that for a lawsuit?

One of my daughter’s friends was killed a week after she graduated from college because she was struck by a car while walking in the road after a fender bender. I encourage folks to teach your young drivers what to do and what not to do after getting into a motor vehicle accident. It may save their life. Such a tragedy.

Just a fyi to those not from the area, the weather last night was not good conditions for driving. Cold and freezing rain/black ice as well. Very tragic accident for all involved. Life can be so cruel sometimes. RIP.

I agree that we live in a society that desires to sue for just about anything under the sun, but on what grounds could a civil suit even been based on in this situation against Boeheim. From what’s been shared so far JB was driving with a 0.00 BAC, at the appropriate speed, avoided a crashed car/accident and hit a person who was outside of the car... where’s the responsibility/negligence in that for a lawsuit?
Again, I'm not speaking about this particular accident or family, but many people file civil suits/wrongful death suits over far less. Pretend this wasn't JB for a minute. If this same thing happened in Minnesota, a family could sue the driver because he left the restaurant at 11:15 pm, or claim was was listening to music in the car, and that chain of events led to someone's death, and it's therefore their fault. I think this is unlikely to hold up in most courts, but the point of many civil suits is to settle to avoid a long case.

Disclosure - I'm not a lawyer.

I agree that we live in a society that desires to sue for just about anything under the sun, but on what grounds could a civil suit even be based on in this situation, against Boeheim? From what’s been shared so far JB was driving with a 0.00 BAC, at the appropriate speed, avoided a crashed car/accident and hit a person who was outside of the car... where’s the responsibility/negligence in that for a lawsuit?
Has the speed been determined yet?

One of my daughter’s friends was killed a week after she graduated from college because she was struck by a car while walking in the road after a fender bender. I encourage folks to teach your young drivers what to do and what not to do after getting into a motor vehicle accident. It may save their life. Such a tragedy.
I was involved in a similar accident many years ago. My car was disabled in the middle lane on a busy highway in San Antonio. Scared shirtless and never once considered getting out until the police arrived.

This is all horrific news. I feel terrible for the man's family. Someone's dad or husband, or child or loved one or maybe all isn't coming home. It's reading as a terrible accident. I am sure Jim feels horrible and I wouldn't fault him for whichever he chooses on coaching Saturday or missing it or multiple games. Things like this put things in perspective. There are bigger things than Duke at Syracuse. I hope the family and Jim can eventually find peace but this will stay with all for awhile.

My goodness I encourage everyone to stay clear of twitter/other social media for the next few weeks. If you think some of the reactions on here are a little insensitive you don't want to go anywhere near there.

the thing is, the cases are easy to get to a jury and JURIES ARE CRAZY. its a constitutional right, but trust me, sympathy wins the day, not the facts.

sympathy for the deceased and his family. this really could happen to anyone. people say don't get out of the car, but what happens if an 18 wheeler plows into you. then, its "why did he stay in the car." very sad.

Just a fyi to those not from the area, the weather last night was not good conditions for driving. Cold and freezing rain/black ice as well. Very tragic accident for all involved. Life can be so cruel sometimes. RIP.

I drove back home to Rochester after the game. The conditions were everything you mentioned but also foggy and if there were any other cars around a lot of road spray. There was a car flipped on 490E in Rochester.

This is just a horrible situation. That poor man and his family/friends that witnessed this. And hearing that JB is understandably distraught just shows how devastating this accident is. I can't even imagine.

Haven't been on 690 in a long time, but I remember it being dark, somewhat tight and tough to see that far ahead of you. With what sounded like poor conditions, this sounds like it was unavoidable, making it all the more tragic and sad.

I hope this man's family and friends will find peace in the future. This has to be so hard.

I drove back home to Rochester after the game. The conditions were everything you mentioned but also foggy and if there were any other cars around a lot of road spray. There was a car flipped on 490E in Rochester.

Yep, parts of 490 were closed off last night when I went through after the game.

the thing is, the cases are easy to get to a jury and JURIES ARE CRAZY. its a constitutional right, but trust me, sympathy wins the day, not the facts.

sympathy for the deceased and his family. this really could happen to anyone. people say don't get out of the car, but what happens if an 18 wheeler plows into you. then, its "why did he stay in the car." very sad.
I guess I don’t fully understand the stupidity of it all... I honestly just don’t envision seeing a civil suit pursued out of this situation, but could very well be wrong. I just hope the family is able to mourn well and are at peace with the fact that inevitably human mistakes happen. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a tragic loss no matter the circumstances and JB will wear the weightiness of it, I have no doubt

Honestly, it will probably be better for him to coach Saturday as opposed to sitting at home dwelling on it.
Yes. I am sure he will coach the game but he may not be at practice today. :(:(:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom