Home workouts. What are you doing? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

Pushups, sit-ups, curls, tricep dips, jumping jacks, stationary bike, heavy boxing bag (stuffed with sand long ago as the water sucked, knocked it around too much and that’s not to brag, it moved too much even for me, captain limpwrist ;) )
With my son, dusted off our black belts, stretching, practice kicks, forms 1 and 2 of TaeKwonDo...not ready for all 8 forms leading to black belt as we ain’t what we used to be, ain’t what we used to be :)

So, some of you guys know my name by now, but when we got our black belt certificates and cards in the mail, both incorrectly spelled my name as Tood. No, I never complained to the powers that be.

Doing pushups and sit-ups Walking the dog at least 4 times a day and playing golf twice a week.

For me most importantly is 15 minutes of stretching and balance work. The one thing that bothered my Dad the most in his later years was his problems with balance. As a side note, I challenged him one day about falling and he simply told me that he'd learned to roll. At 95! :rolleyes:

Doing pushups and sit-ups Walking the dog at least 4 times a day and playing golf twice a week.

For me most importantly is 15 minutes of stretching and balance work. The one thing that bothered my Dad the most in his later years was his problems with balance. As a side note, I challenged him one day about falling and he simply told me that he'd learned to roll. At 95! :rolleyes:

Try some yoga. That will help with balance and flexibility. If you fall, you'll be flexible enough to roll...

Image result for giant tire lift and flip

Just got the peloton app with bow flex bike . Totally worth the money and membership. You can go live or do a previous class. They have every workout imaginable also, not just cycling. The bike also comes with weights which are brutal (but definitely a good workout). I got a feeling stock is going to be way up on things like this . Along with farm and garden stock (agway and tractor supply).

Last edited:
Every morning around 5:30, I’m awake and think I should really use this time to exercise.

Then I fall back asleep, wake up and eat a donut (our neighbors gave us 2 dozen Krispy Kremes because they apparently hate us). Then I never recover.

Typically opening a beer by 3 pm because my house is a zoo.

So yeah, if and when we ever do return to normal days at the office, I will need to buy bigger pants.

Just got the peloton app with bow flex bike . Totally worth the money and membership. You can go live or do a previous class. They have every workout imaginable also not just cycling. The bike also comes with weights which is brutal (but definitely a good workout). I got a feeling stock is going to be way up on things like this . Along with farm and garden stock (agway and tractor supply).
I feel like a Peloton could be fun AF for HIIT training.

I enjoyed laughing at their previous batch of commercials, however. Feel like after seeing them everywhere around Christmas they went completely dark with advertising.

I feel like a Peloton could be fun AF for HIIT training.

I enjoyed laughing at their previous batch of commercials, however. Feel like after seeing them everywhere around Christmas they went completely dark with advertising.

You MUST read this thread for Peloton ads

One of the funniest things on the interwebs, ever.
It’s literally the reason Al Gore invented it.

Have run a few times this week. Also have dbells but haven’t touched yet. I will honestly lose weight though, won’t gain. You eat way more when you lift heavy, unless you’re doing it wrong.

Who are these people with home gyms? Do people even own houses anymore? Is a workout like a cookout?

I'm going to stay home, eat pasta fagioli and cannolis, and wait for all of you to catch up to me. Then I'll show up at the courts and still kill kids.

The usual biking. Every day the roads and/or trails are dry. 93 miles last week.

I only go in to work for 3 hours a day until further notice

Last edited:
Full home gym in my basement so nothing has really changed here and grateful for it. Being in the medical field...work is obviously more demanding in this current situation so that is slightly negatively affecting the workouts but I’m staying pretty dedicated. Sleep is overrated.

I walk 8 miles every other morning and play golf as often as I can the days I dont walk. But I'm an old fart like Capeorange. My teenage daughter kicks my ass if I back off the schedule. My wife is a marathon runner so I have alot to live up to.

I walk 8 miles every other morning and play golf as often as I can the days I dont walk. But I'm an old fart like Capeorange. My teenage daughter kicks my ass if I back off the schedule. My wife is a marathon runner so I have alot to live up to.

Old fart?!?!? ......Oh yeah, crap!