Home workouts. What are you doing? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

Lots and lots of squats. Im just wrapping up a program I started in early December to get in shape for ski season. It was supposed to be 8 weeks, but it stretched out because at 51, I can't do 3x a week at the level of volume. I did 2x / week, although the last 2 weeks it's even been every 5-6 days. My final workout in the program is today. The final workout is max reps at bodyweight on the bar then as few sets to bring the total bodyweight reps to 50.
It's a program from Dan John, who is a terrific, highly-regarded S&C coach, if anyone is interested. It's definitely NOT easy.

Ok, you overachieving jerks. You just guilted me into 30 minutes on my Bowflex Max Trainer. It took 5 minutes to move the clothes off of it.

I'm turning over a whole new leaf. At least until family happy hour starts.

I still had a donut though. It's a sin for that stuff to go to waste.

Ok, you overachieving jerks. You just guilted me into 30 minutes on my Bowflex Max Trainer. It took 5 minutes to move the clothes off of it.

Another 30 minutes and you can have an extra hour added to happy hour ;)

I wish I had seen this before I liked your first post. So disappointed.

On second thought kettlebell swings with a 60lb kettlebell is a lot harder than I thought. Wow!
Yeah, but the good news is that you ramp up quick. The ones at the Y only went up to 53 lbs. I started last year on the 16kg one and eventually worked my way up to 110 reps over four sets on the 53lber. Now I just have a 60lb sack of play sand in the basement for squats and presses. Run/walk alternating days and lift on the walk days.

Another one I'm trying to do whenever I'm working from home. After I pee, I leave the bathroom and walk to the living room and immediately do 10 (or more) pushups. Helps break up the monotony as well.

Yeah, but the good news is that you ramp up quick. The ones at the Y only went up to 53 lbs. I started last year on the 16kg one and eventually worked my way up to 110 reps over four sets on the 53lber. Now I just have a 60lb sack of play sand in the basement for squats and presses. Run/walk alternating days and lift on the walk days.

It was a bit humbling for me as someone (this is going to come off as an LIC humblebrag) who squats and deads pretty heavy. I need to get down the cardio part.

You ever do “pay the toll” with your pull-up bar? Basically every time you pass it do a rep (or more, but always submaximal reps from your max reps per set number)... builds crazy volume and adds to your max reps/set count when done consistently. Mine is in the garage and haven’t been doing it when I am downstairs but planning to get back to it. Proper volume makes upper arms, forearms, and back absolutely pop.
I started this today. At one point I was literally doing pull-ups with a mouth full of potato chips. Not sure this will end well, but now I have an excuse to grab a beer. As if I needed one.

You can't watch old reruns forever. At least I can't.

My gym closed and I don't feel like moving furniture out of a room so set up my weights that have been stacked in the garage for years.

I've been doing yoga online, pull ups and riding my bike. Here's one that's pretty good yoga link

I may set up a limited amount of weights but I'm looking for exercise ideas to suplement not having a gym.
Interval training...wish I could do it every day but, at my age, my legs need a couple days to recover...

This was yesterday's workout
Timed Mile - 5 mins rest
6 timed 400s - 2 mins rest
8 timed 200s - 1 min rest
8 timed 100s - 30 secs rest

MMA has gone online

Yoga has gone online

Jumping rope, push ups, variety of core work, pull ups

I started this today. At one point I was literally doing pull-ups with a mouth full of potato chips. Not sure this will end well, but now I have an excuse to grab a beer. As if I needed one.

I've been paying the toll a lot with pull ups. Been doing lots of sets of pushups, air squats, yoga and biking. As ORRange said, he and I are old farts but that doesn't stop us.

It was a bit humbling for me as someone (this is going to come off as an LIC humblebrag) who squats and deads pretty heavy. I need to get down the cardio part.
What’s pretty heavy? Just curiosity. Have some different things that took me past plateaus

This site lays out basic strength "standards" based on aggregated data. I used it as a guide to develop goals.