Home workouts. What are you doing? | Syracusefan.com

Home workouts. What are you doing?

capeorange

All Conference
You can't watch old reruns forever. At least I can't.

My gym closed and I don't feel like moving furniture out of a room so set up my weights that have been stacked in the garage for years.

I've been doing yoga online, pull ups and riding my bike. Here's one that's pretty good yoga link

I may set up a limited amount of weights but I'm looking for exercise ideas to suplement not having a gym.

Doing a lot of running. I'm more of a 5-15K guy, but at this rate I'll be ready for a marathon if this thing continues for a while.

Also just started doing a lot of push-ups, sit-ups & wall sits throughout the day. Only weights in the house are my wife's, and even my scrawny self needs more than 5 and 8 lb'ers. I definitely miss the gym and all of it's equipment & weights.

You could try the playing card workout. Each suit would represent a certain exercise. Squats, pushups, pull-ups, and crunches. Obviously any body weight exercise could be substituted.

Pull out a card from the deck and do the # of reps of whatever it is that you assigned to that suit. Jacks are 11, Queens 12, Kings 13, Aces 14. Joker (if in the deck) is as many reps as possible.

Sounds lame but if you are watching something on TV and just do it at a commercial breaks or every 10 minutes watching Netflix you will be surprised by the volume you can achieve. If it is too easy pull out 2 or more cards.

Keeps it random and a bit more interesting than straight sets.

I ran 7.5 miles two out of the last three days. I did 400 push-ups and 400 air squats the other day. My 60 lb kettlebell came yesterday and I plan on incorporating that going forward with the running.

Well now I feel bad about myself because I arbitrarily picked 250 as my number of push-ups for the day. I need to get to Cusefan0307's level!

Have a gym set up in my basement. I ran today. Try to run one day, lift the next. Walking the dog.

We also do Bulldog yoga online.

Finally, put the hoop out on the curb yesterday. Hoping to get a couple hundred shots up a few days a week to try and keep the form perfect.

Have a gym set up in my basement. I ran today. Try to run one day, lift the next. Walking the dog.

We also do yoga online.

Finally, put the hoop out on the curb yesterday. Hoping to get a couple hundred shots up a few days a week to try and keep the form perfect.

I always had a gym set up when I had a basement and I really miss having one now.

I was going strong through Sunday. Haven’t done a ton since. Gotta find a routine. I’ve got a bench and barbell in the garage, but it’s a bit too cold for me to want to be out in the garage for awhile. I’ve got a pullup bar in one of my door frames. Gonna start doing a lot of pushups and pull-ups and mix in some running.

I was going strong through Sunday. Haven’t done a ton since. Gotta find a routine. I’ve got a bench and barbell in the garage, but it’s a bit too cold for me to want to be out in the garage for awhile. I’ve got a pullup bar in one of my door frames. Gonna start doing a lot of pushups and pull-ups and mix in some running.
You ever do “pay the toll” with your pull-up bar? Basically every time you pass it do a rep (or more, but always submaximal reps from your max reps per set number)... builds crazy volume and adds to your max reps/set count when done consistently. Mine is in the garage and haven’t been doing it when I am downstairs but planning to get back to it. Proper volume makes upper arms, forearms, and back absolutely pop.

You ever do “pay the toll” with your pull-up bar? Basically every time you pass it do a rep (or more, but always submaximal reps from your max reps per set number)... builds crazy volume and adds to your max reps/set count when done consistently. Mine is in the garage and haven’t been doing it when I am downstairs but planning to get back to it. Proper volume makes upper arms, forearms, and back absolutely pop.

Yup! In the past I’ve had stretches where I’ve done that. Now is as good of a time as ever to get back to it.

This is great. I literally have to walk through the gym to get to the beer fridge in the basement. Pull up bar is always ready for me.

Last edited:

Good idea! I like the idea of not passing the bar without doing a rep.

This is great. I literally have to walk through the gym to get to the beer fridge in basement. Pull up bar is always ready for me.
Yep... and if I don’t have reps in me after a long layoff, I’ve always gotten good results from extended holds. Pull myself up, hold above the bar for a bit, then do a slow descend. That alone can build up reps.

My right forearm is going to be ginormous.

Well, ginormouser.
Giggidy!

1584650785735.png