Honestly, what a -ing brutal 10 years of football? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Honestly, what a -ing brutal 10 years of football?

When you see guys like STO waivering there is concern, we are the diehards, dude has missed like one home game in 20 years. If STO bails, I am out because it's over, and we want fans to come back? even the diehards are considering and realizing that a loafer to the nuts is less painful.

If I didn't like to drink there is no way I would still be fan of this program, absolutely no way, not possible. I mean we have had the same arguments here for 10 years, the fact that we speak of GROB as a somewhat decent recruiter we should all be shot!

When you see guys like STO waivering there is concern, we are the diehards, dude has missed like one home game in 20 years. If STO bails, I am out because it's over, and we want fans to come back? even the diehards are considering and realizing that a loafer to the nuts is less painful.

If I didn't like to drink there is no way I would still be fan of this program, absolutely no way, not possible. I mean we have had the same arguments here for 10 years, the fact that we speak of GROB as a somewhat decent recruiter we should all be shot!

I find myself questioning why I still care. The crazy thing is I'm a bigger follower of SU football than basketball. I guess as the gambler said you have to know when to fold'em.

My wife was away for the weekend, when she got back and asked how cuse did, and I told her they lost 23-15 she said " oh that's not too bad" that where we are right now, What.

I am not calling for coaches heads or anything not the purpose of my post by any means but I have been back on the east coast for 11 years now and other than the 2001 season it has been absolutely a horrendous run, we wonder why there are no fans left, it has been almost unwatchable for some time. My wife thinks I am insanse for still watching this every weekend. Sweet lord, I think we are all masochists. Would be lesss painful to just line up and have someone kick you square in the gonads!!

We are discussing and debating the same for 10 years!!!! All stuff that losing programs talk about. It blows. I don't care who turns it around and I know I will never cancel my seasons but holy **** has this been burtal or what.

That said, I am looking forward to tailgating Friday!!!!

Your wife is a wise lady.

This board needs a good group therapist. Nah - probably would be an Orange fan and be worse than the rest of us. Crap there is no hope - just have to keep on keepin on.

You can make this post next year and switch ten for eleven.

Of the ten scheduled games next yr, do you see more than three wins? Even if the other two games to be scheduled are gimmes, Dougie still doesn't get to a bowl game in yr 5.

If momentum isn't dead now, it will surely be then.

Dougie has peaked and so has the program under his stewardship. Question is whether the program can survive grob and Dougie.

playing for manageable 3rd downs and manageable field goals
I did seem like we were playing for 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4's on Saturday, over & over & over. They'd put the noise meter on their hi-resolution video scoreboard and it turned deafening in that stadium as Nassib tried to communicate the play. Everyone in the place knew some quick pass to the TE or back, or a quick slant to a WR was coming - just played right into the RU wheelhouse.

I did seem like we were playing for 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4's on Saturday, over & over & over. They'd put the noise meter on their hi-resolution video scoreboard and it turned deafening in that stadium as Nassib tried to communicate the play. Everyone in the place knew some quick pass to the TE or back, or a quick slant to a WR was coming - just played right into the RU wheelhouse.

Of course that was coming, we have no desire to throw the ball downfield. Not even once in a while to keep the defense honest.

I was at the game Saturday, you know how i watched, as soon as the ball was snapped i looked in the general vicinity of the linebackers, becuase that is where we throw the ball.

For some reason, its only once we are down 2+ possessions that the guys calling the plays are like "oh right, we ARE allowed to throw the ball downfield". At that point i expect to see 3 consecutive passes to Sales for 12, 16, 23 yards. It makes no sense.

Of course that was coming, we have no desire to throw the ball downfield. Not even once in a while to keep the defense honest.

I was at the game Saturday, you know how i watched, as soon as the ball was snapped i looked in the general vicinity of the linebackers, becuase that is where we throw the ball.

For some reason, its only once we are down 2+ possessions that the guys calling the plays are like "oh right, we ARE allowed to throw the ball downfield". At that point i expect to see 3 consecutive passes to Sales for 12, 16, 23 yards. It makes no sense.

I just thought of something rereading that. Perhaps the staff knows that these guys cant even get out of their own way. Which is why we have the most conservative playbook in all of football. Asking Nassib to throw the ball more than 10 yards will likely result in a turnover. Maybe the coaches know that. Maybe they are smarter than we think.

I am not calling for coaches heads or anything not the purpose of my post by any means but I have been back on the east coast for 11 years now and other than the 2001 season it has been absolutely a horrendous run, we wonder why there are no fans left, it has been almost unwatchable for some time. My wife thinks I am insanse for still watching this every weekend. Sweet lord, I think we are all masochists. Would be lesss painful to just line up and have someone kick you square in the gonads!!

We are discussing and debating the same for 10 years!!!! All stuff that losing programs talk about. It blows. I don't care who turns it around and I know I will never cancel my seasons but holy **** has this been burtal or what.

That said, I am looking forward to tailgating Friday!!!!

Did you just wake from a long nap?

We played a game at Cincy in 2006 where GRob totally mangled a late first half series. That was the moment when I realized without question he was not the man for the job.

Running the ball on 3rd and 12 from the Rutgers 20 in a tie game with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter may prove to be that moment for me with Marrone.
I realized it one game in. Cant believe it took you that long.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps the staff knows that these guys cant even get out of their own way. Which is why we have the most conservative playbook in all of football. Asking Nassib to throw the ball more than 10 yards will likely result in a turnover. Maybe the coaches know that. Maybe they are smarter than we think.
Then what's the point of even competing?

Seriously, we are talking about being able to execute basic football here against competition that isn't overwhelming.

If we're that bad, if we're truly that bad, then shut it down. We should just quit.

I realized it one game in. Cant believe it took you that long.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I was trying to be optimistic since so many experts here were adamant that he was going to be successful.

True story.

I was trying to be optimistic since so many experts here were adamant that he was going to be successful.

True story.

Out of curiosity, who were these experts that you are referring to?