Hop husky thread? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Hop husky thread?

Do you really think we could get a 7 seed? That would be great. I love your optimism but don’t see it

I have a feeling that we will get a 7 seed and both Clemson and NC State will make NCAA tournament against most analysts' predictions.

Washington beat ZERO teams that will qualify for the NCAA tournament as an at large. If they get in this has to be a first for a team that didn’t automatically qualify.

does the committee feel the pac 12 deserves 2 bids? I feel that’s what it’ll come down to . I would say no.

Its a fair point. Theyve beaten exactly one team who's going to be playing in the Tourney (Oregon) who they went 1-2 against. I think they're much, much closer to the edge of the field than people think.

Quite frankly, Arizona State has a much superior resume with their wins against Kansas, Utah St and Miss State (not to mention an easy H2H victory vs Washington).

They are in. 9 or 10.

You probably need more to back it up than that. "Because I said so"

And you’re not exactly going out on a limb. Nobody has them actually missing. I think the point is why are they so safely in?

24-7 regular season
9-4 nonconference record
15-3 Pac-12 regular season record
2-1 Pac-12 tournament

They challenged themselves in the nonconference lost at Auburn, and at Gonzaga.
Lost to Virginia Tech in Atlantic City
Lost to Minnesota on neutral floor.

Beat both Texas A&M and Western Kentucky.
7 road wins in conference play.
They lose their only game with Arizona State.
They win at Oregon.

Their resume is thin when it’s examined. I just can’t keep them out.
Belmont vs. Washington- I take Washington.
Texas, Clemson, Indiana those teams don’t deserve it.
Now if it’s a 2 bid league then Arizona State vs. Washington is interesting I don’t think the conference of champions should get 3 bids though.

I wonder if uw loses how safe are they?
If you ask this question, it tells me you haven't been paying attention and refuse to use the resources available here (primarily) and out there in the internet.

Not that it is a terrible offense, but you post here often enough to have read the posts of jncuse, Chris02M, and Tom W.

Last edited:
24-7 regular season
9-4 nonconference record
2-1 Pac-12 tournament

They win at Oregon.

Now if it’s a 2 bid league then Arizona State vs. Washington is interesting I don’t think the conference of champions should get 3 bids though.

They have more total wins but our 2017 team had more quality wins and was kept out.

I think Clemson would beat them head-to-head.

The loss to Cal is probably the worst loss by any team looking at an at large. Next year they should be legit good, but this year they’re pretty bad. I’d keep them out and reward Clemson or Indiana for actually having to battle night in and night out.

24-7 regular season
9-4 nonconference record
2-1 Pac-12 tournament

They win at Oregon.

So basically they only beat bad teams.

Seeing their resume laid out like this I can't believe they've been getting talked about as high as an 8 seed.

You probably need more to back it up than that. "Because I said so"

And you’re not exactly going out on a limb. Nobody has them actually missing. I think the point is why are they so safely in?
19 wins vs quads 1-3 is hard to leave out when bubble teams have 12 to 14 and solid net and sos

They are in. 9 or 10.
Why because they didn’t play a good schedule and they don’t have double digit losses they beat no one there’s teams that will be in the NIT with much better wins

If you ask this question, it tells me you haven't been paying attention and refuse to use the resources available here (primarily) and out there in the internet.

Not that it is a terrible offense, but you post here often enough to have read the posts of jncuse, Chris02M, and Tom W.
They all do a great job all I'm saying is wash resume is pretty weak perhaps they aren't the lock that people thought. Still think they get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom