Hop husky thread? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hop husky thread?

Is that because we already got are butt kicked by Oregon or do you have another reason.
Not because they beat us, because they had Bol Bol then. However, they have been playing better heading into the tourney, while UW is running on fumes.

So I guess teams are only as good as the worst team they lost to.

Not what I meant but even so, their worst loss is bad bad loss. Bring up Georgia Tech all you want but it's not even the same stratosphere as losing to Cal. My point is the Pac 12 is awful. BC would have had a winning conference record.

Not what I meant but even so, their worst loss is bad bad loss. Bring up Georgia Tech all you want but it's not even the same stratosphere as losing to Cal. My point is the Pac 12 is awful. BC would have had a winning conference record.

Having bad games happen while a bad opponent having a great one happens all the time, as fans of Syracuse we should know that.

It’s also worth noting that we lost to Georgia Tech after playing a decent Clemson team and looking forward to Duke.

That’s equivalent to losing to USC after playing ASU and looking forward to the PAC 12 All Star team.

Whoop-de-damn-do.

What record do you think UW would have had in the ACC this year?
9-9 or 8-10. Louis King has been playing great as of late. I’ve been in Vegas since Tuesday and watched every game of the entire pac 12 tournament in person. Oregon was the late game twice and that was 9:30 on the west coast. I’m assuming you haven’t watched which is fine. They are playing well even if they don’t have Bol. The conference is really bad this year but it was good 2 years ago and next year will be better. I don’t believe Syracuse would have gone undefeated in the conference. Sorry.

9-9 or 8-10. Louis King has been playing great as of late. I’ve been in Vegas since Tuesday and watched every game of the entire pac 12 tournament in person. Oregon was the late game twice and that was 9:30 on the west coast. I’m assuming you haven’t watched which is fine. They are playing well even if they don’t have Bol. The conference is really bad this year but it was good 2 years ago and next year will be better. I don’t believe Syracuse would have gone undefeated in the conference. Sorry.

Thanks for arbitrarily setting the bar at "undefeated." Even elite teams rarely go undefeated in conference play. That barometer means nothing.

We agree on the Pac12 being "really bad this year."

It’s also worth noting that we lost to Georgia Tech after playing a decent Clemson team and looking forward to Duke.

That’s equivalent to losing to USC after playing ASU and looking forward to the PAC 12 All Star team.
Thanks for noting that. We hadn’t established that the ACC was better than the pac 12 by a mile months ago.

Thanks for noting that. We hadn’t established that the ACC was better than the pac 12 by a mile months ago.
Gives more context to a bad conference loss that was being discussed re Cal/Georgia Tech.

I think you're too firmly entrenched with your fandom of Hop / UW to view things from the macro perspective.

You said the Pac 12 was awful (which nobody disagreed), if Syracuse is leaps and bounds better than Washington wouldn't they be far better than Washingtons record in the conference which was 15-3?

Jerry Palm thinks it’s possible that Oregon stole Arizona St’s bid, though he moved Unc Greensboro out of his own bracket to include the Ducks.

He has Arizona St as the last team in, and notably he has Washington just above the last four in...meaning it’s possible Washington is a 10 or 11 seed.

BTW, Palm is soooooo freaking awkward on TV. They give him :30 to mumble his information out.

Jerry Palm thinks it’s possible that Oregon stole Arizona St’s bid, though he moved Unc Greensboro out of his own bracket to include the Ducks.

He has Arizona St as the last team in, and notably he has Washington just above the last four in...meaning it’s possible Washington is a 10 or 11 seed.

BTW, Palm is soooooo freaking awkward on TV. They give him :30 to mumble his information out.
I don’t think there is anyway ASU makes it now.

You said the Pac 12 was awful (which nobody disagreed), if Syracuse is leaps and bounds better than Washington wouldn't they be far better than Washingtons record in the conference which was 15-3?

100%. I'm quite certain that you are fully aware of how horrifically bad the Pac12 is this year?

The Huskies are certifiably mediocre. They lucked into playing this season in a conference where the top teams were historically down. Arizona rules that roost -- but were decimated by the FBI investigation [amongst other things] Oregon -- a final four participant in recent years -- similarly struggled. Other teams that have been good in recent years--such as UCLA--also had down cycles. Net result? A conference that wasn't competitive, and the opportunity to build a conference record that doesn't amount to much on a national scale.

UW might just have been mediocre enough in a year where Arizona got b-slapped by attrition / off court issues.

100%. I'm quite certain that you are fully aware of how horrifically bad the Pac12 is this year?

The Huskies are certifiably mediocre. They lucked into playing this season in a conference where the top teams were historically down. Arizona rules that roost -- but were decimated by the FBI investigation [amongst other things] Oregon -- a final four participant in recent years -- similarly struggled. Other teams that have been good in recent years were also down.

So while UW won the conference, and that's a nice accomplishment -- it comes with the acknowledgement that this was an incredibly poor year for Pac12 basketball.

UW might just have been mediocre enough in a year where Arizona got b-slapped by attrition / off court issues.

Who said the Pac 12 was good this year? Nobody that I've seen.

I really don't see Syracuse having a better conference record than Washington if they were in the same league.

I think you're too firmly entrenched with your fandom of Hop / UW to view things from the macro perspective.
I will admit I like Hop and I’m rooting for him. I didn’t watch a UW game the 4 years before he got here. The Pac 12 is terrible but I believe UW should be in the tournament. I believe Syracuse is better than UW but not by much.

We lost to Oregon with Bol Bol.

We were bipolar and underachieving all season but I don’t feel out of line in saying that we would’ve won this conference.

Fair point. The PAC 12 definitely reeks

We are fighting for a small chance at a seven seed with Washington and we played Oregon so another team on a resume that’s a tournament team.
Do you really think we could get a 7 seed? That would be great. I love your optimism but don’t see it

Walton: Oregon is flowing like the Willamette river right now. Washington is stagnant, like a volcano that has been capped.

Pasch: I was thinking the exact same thing.

I had to turn the game off.

Walton was absolutely idiotic.

Unlistenable.

Hop is extremely fortunate that Bol got hurt. Otherwise, Washington gets swept by Oregon, finishes second in the PAC-12, probably doesn’t make the conference tournament final, and likely misses the NCAAs.

That’s how weak the PAC-12 is this year. One player changed the entire course of the conference schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom