Hop husky thread? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hop husky thread?

Guys we lost to ODU, U Conn, Ga Tech, this 6th place PAC 12 Oregon team and we have 3 Quad 1 wins. A lot of cockiness just because we beat Pitt the other night. We have the potential to do some damage in the tourney but c’mon

They lost to UConn and this Oregon team at the beginning of the season when Oregon was projected to do something this year. They fell off of a cliff when Bol Bol got hurt and they're peaking St the right time.

Guys we lost to ODU, U Conn, Ga Tech, this 6th place PAC 12 Oregon team and we have 3 Quad 1 wins. A lot of cockiness just because we beat Pitt the other night. We have the potential to do some damage in the tourney but c’mon
We lost to Oregon with Bol Bol.

We were bipolar and underachieving all season but I don’t feel out of line in saying that we would’ve won this conference.

I saw last week's home game against Oregon which was honestly worse. Earlier in the season a few minutes of the Gonzaga game. And bits and pieces of the first two P12 tourney games/

I think they are in trouble. I think they are one of the last teams in.

Thought so.

Again you can't assume anything, what Syracuse team shows up? The one that beat Duke or the one who lost to Uconn and Ga Tech?

I'm fairly comfortable in suggesting that if Syracuse were in the Pac12, we would have won the conference going away.

And like Washington, it wouldn't be indicative of us being a great team.

We lost to Oregon with Bol Bol.

We were bipolar and underachieving all season but I don’t feel out of line in saying that we would’ve won this conference.

We'd be in a favorable position to win it but like Washington, we're capable of losing to anybody.

They basically run the same offense as us, and tonight it looked like us when we were struggling.

Thought so.

I'm not trying to claim that I have extensive knowledge of their team, schemes, etc... Just that their resume is paper thin. They will get credit for playing good teams (Gonzaga, Auburn, maybe Minny), but they lost all of those.

If you are gonna reward that, than you have to think long and hard about the Belmonts and others who played decent OOC schedules but couldn't quite get it done.

I know the committee says they don't look at conference affiliation, but if 25% of the P12 gets in that is a travesty, when you have other very worthy mid-majors. Just my .02.

I saw last week's home game against Oregon which was honestly worse. Earlier in the season a few minutes of the Gonzaga game. And bits and pieces of the first two P12 tourney games/

I think they are in trouble. I think they are one of the last teams in.
They were in the 8-9 game before losing there conference championship game. They are safely in the field.

gotta be trolling at this point
Nah, Brian just considers all non-conference tournament champions with at least one loss to be on the bubble.

And he's not wrong, kinda.

I'm fairly comfortable in suggesting that if Syracuse were in the Pac12, we would have won the conference going away.

And like Washington, it wouldn't be indicative of us being a great team.

I think Washington and Syracuse are too close in regards to talent and execution to assume Syracuse wins the conference, and that's ignoring Az State and Oregon who aren't awful.

I'm not trying to claim that I have extensive knowledge of their team, schemes, etc... Just that their resume is paper thin. They will get credit for playing good teams (Gonzaga, Auburn, maybe Minny), but they lost all of those.

If you are gonna reward that, than you have to think long and hard about the Belmonts and others who played decent OOC schedules but couldn't quite get it done.

I know the committee says they don't look at conference affiliation, but if 25% of the P12 gets in that is a travesty, when you have other very worthy mid-majors. Just my .02.
I disagree that people are talking about 3 pac 12 schools getting. Washington and Oregon that is it

What happened to you? The last month you've posted almost everything about Washington and not much at all about SU.

West coast time zone is killing me, working a crazy schedule and only have been able to listen to Syracuse games, don't feel like I can post about something I can't or haven't watched.

I think Washington and Syracuse are too close in regards to talent and execution to assume Syracuse wins the conference, and that's ignoring Az State and Oregon who aren't awful.
I 100% disagree.

We are not close in talent.

They’ve overachieved in a garbage conference while we’ve underachieved in the best conference in basketball.

That's a conference full of BC, Pitt and Wake like teams. How did we do against those guys this year? Washington lost to 5-22 Cal.

I’m wondering what people will say about Hop next year if he lands Jaden McDaniels and they win their conference going away and are on the top 2 seed line.

West coast time zone is killing me, working a crazy schedule and only have been able to listen to Syracuse games, don't feel like I can post about something I can't or haven't watched.
If only everyone on this board felt that way

I 100% disagree.

We are not close in talent.

They’ve overachieved in a garbage conference while we’ve underachieved in the best conference in basketball.

I wasn't saying Washington has a lot of talent, more in the lines of Syracuse isn't very talented.

If I had to build a starting 5 from both teams 3 of the players would be from Washington.

I’m wondering what people will say about Hop next year if he lands Jaden McDaniels and they win their conference going away and are on the top 2 seed line.
Prob most would give him credit, myself included. They aren’t good this year - that conference is just that bad. I’d rather play them than Oregon, by a mile.

That's a conference full of BC, Pitt and Wake like teams. How did we do against those guys this year? Washington lost to 5-22 Cal.

So I guess teams are only as good as the worst team they lost to.

Prob most would give him credit, myself included. They aren’t good this year - that conference is just that bad. I’d rather play them than Oregon, by a mile.
Is that because we already got are butt kicked by Oregon or do you have another reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom