Hop | Syracusefan.com

Hop

goodroc

Starter
Zona board saying Hopkins in play at Oregon state. Hope not this again.

Why in the world would he take that job?

Maybe he doesn't want to play second fiddle for the next 5 years and doesn't want to start his head coaching career at the age of 50.

Maybe he doesn't want to play second fiddle for the next 5 years and doesn't want to start his head coaching career at the age of 50.

Osu is a terrible job, terrible facilities, no history, no recruiting base, this isn't where you want to get your start.

http://2 47sports.com/Bolt/Oregon-State-search-Mike-Hopkins-emerges-28684340

free article take out the space between the 2 and 4. good for a laugh. The Oregonian actually has him as the favorite.

Why in the world would he take that job?
because he realizes that whats keeping from landing a job is that hes part of coaching talent, not real basketball. when they meet after the interviws somebody will say, can we get their talent; no. they had a kid tyler Roberson who is a lottery pick that couldn't make the court.

Last edited:
because he realizes that whats keeping from landing a job is that hes part of coaching talent, not real basketball. when they meet after the interviws somebody will say, can we get their talent; no. they had a kid tyler Roberson who is a lottery pick that couldn't make the court.
Wow - are you saying JB isn't a good coach? Haven't heard that before... Oh Lord

Wow - are you saying JB isn't a good coach? Haven't heard that before... Oh Lord
no im not. his game doesn't relate to the pros. kids like mcw are sooo talented they defy crippling hoping u miss games

If Mike Hopkins took the Oregon State job then he would be crazy for passing up the Charlotte job when he was offered it 3 years ago. Coaching at Charlotte in the A-10 with his recruiting ability would have allowed him to be able to move on to biggert and better things. Charlotte would have been in a good college basketball area and is a decent job. Oregon State is such a hot mess job I can't believe MH would want it. Its in a BCS league, but its so hard to get basketball players to Corvallis, OR. I mean seriously this makes no sense. I mean Boston College made MUCH MORE sense(and I couldn't see MH competing directly with SU x 2 a season) than Oregon State that I can't believe these rumors one bit.

If Mike Hopkins took the Oregon State job then he would be crazy for passing up the Charlotte job when he was offered it 3 years ago. Coaching at Charlotte in the A-10 with his recruiting ability would have allowed him to be able to move on to biggert and better things. Charlotte would have been in a good college basketball area and is a decent job. Oregon State is such a hot mess job I can't believe MH would want it. Its in a BCS league, but its so hard to get basketball players to Corvallis, OR. I mean seriously this makes no sense. I mean Boston College made MUCH MORE sense(and I couldn't see MH competing directly with SU x 2 a season) than Oregon State that I can't believe these rumorers one bit.
Pac12 athletic department get 30 million from their conference share. They can afford to pay a winner big money. They would also play at least 4 games in Cali , his home state, and Oregon is a stunningly beautiful place.

Am I one of the few that would like to see Hop take this job? Or any job for that matter? The guy's been extremely loyal to cuse over the years, and seems like the nicest guy in the freakin world... Obviously it's great to have him aboard, but he's not a lifelong assistant. It's beyond me that schools like USC and BC have passed up on Hop. All biased aside, he seems like the type of guy that would turn around a program like Oregon St, or USC/BC. Great recruiter, great ties on both coasts. Oregon St. would be stupid not to take him. You're gonna take a Cal associate head coach or the Montana guy over Hop? Give me a break.

Am I one of the few that would like to see Hop take this job? Or any job for that matter? The guy's been extremely loyal to cuse over the years, and seems like the nicest guy in the freakin world... Obviously it's great to have him aboard, but he's not a lifelong assistant. It's beyond me that schools like USC and BC have passed up on Hop. All biased aside, he seems like the type of guy that would turn around a program like Oregon St, or USC/BC. Great recruiter, great ties on both coasts. Oregon St. would be stupid not to take him. You're gonna take a Cal associate head coach or the Montana guy over Hop? Give me a break.
100% agree. Jimmy can put another hungry young guy in Hops position, have another 3-5 year run and then a real coach search. Hop is still numero uno on that list.

100% agree. Jimmy can put another hungry young guy in Hops position, have another 3-5 year run and then a real coach search. Hop is still numero uno on that list.
Yup... Allen Griffin would jump at the opportunity. It was reported he was disappointed when Red beat him out for the asst. gig.

SU and JB can only play this game with Hopkins for so long. We can only hope that patience will win the day.

SU and JB can only play this game with Hopkins for so long. We can only hope that patience will win the day.

One of these days a good job will open, and we might lose him, that day isn't today. Oregon state is a bad job, that you only take if you are desperate.

Perhaps Oregon State is such a mediocre job that they won't be able to insert language denying Hop from eventually leaving for SU?

Last edited:
Perhaps Oregon is such a mediocre job that they won't be able to insert language denying Hop from eventually leaving for SU?

They would probably do just about anything to get hop there, they are desperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom