Hopkins Gameday... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Gameday...

Final stats:

1647208929903.png

I don't know lax like you guys, but this program is really needs an infusion of talent.

Glad I stayed home and not driving right now...

Offensively it's the worst team from a starting six point in the last 40 years. What's more baffling is guys like Cordes and Corsi have produced when given a chance but barely play. Our personnel decisions have been baffling and I'm already concerned about this staff.

#1-- Transfer Portal needs to be POUNDED come season end.
#2-- Really trying to work out what this March/Gait offense is trying to do..?? They look lost and worse than they did last year. Yikes!
#3-- Not being able to capitalize on CTO really cost them this game.
IMG_3225.jpeg

I’ve been super critical of this team but I’m done criticizing there just isn’t the talent. Gait has spent his entire career with very good to elite talent Im not sure he knows how to coach kids at this level I’ve seen better Juco games then what was on display at Homewood today by both teams.how long before the wheels on the bus really come off

I’ve been super critical of this team but I’m done criticizing there just isn’t the talent. Gait has spent his entire career with very good to elite talent Im not sure he knows how to coach kids at this level I’ve seen better Juco games then what was on display at Homewood today by both teams.how long before the wheels on the bus really come off

Hmmm interesting take on Gait, wonder if your onto something there

#1-- Transfer Portal needs to be POUNDED come season end.
#2-- Really trying to work out what this March/Gait offense is trying to do..?? They look lost and worse than they did last year. Yikes!
#3-- Not being able to capitalize on CTO really cost them this game.

Didn't Gait say he was holding off going nuts in the portal this past off-season so he could see what he had to work with?

Now he knows.

Just focus on the young guys in key roles getting better who will have to step up next year. This is a rebuild. This season is about next year and the year after, unfortunately no two ifs or buts about it.

(never seen that many pipes in a game. that was something.)

“It was a game of two teams that left everything on the field and played their hearts out.” Gary Gait’s initial comment on the loss.

Tucker Dordevic says he believes Syracuse could have played better and he takes the blame for a lot of what went wrong offensively.

“Harrison did a great job recognizing their sets.” Brett Kennedy credits SU’s goalie play for the strong defensive effort today.

“The message is: we can’t keep giving away games like this. You take a look at the stat sheet and it seems like we outplayed them.” -Gary Gait

“I’ll be honest, that was probably the best [our defense] played all year.” Gary Gait says he believes the Orange defense made some strides this week.

Im not knocking Gait I’ve never fawned over March’s offense and I was publicly against hiring Petro I think if you were going to make a change Gait was an excellent choice I think there are a lot more pieces to the puzzle obviously

Im not knocking Gait I’ve never fawned over March’s offense and I was publicly against hiring Petro I think if you were going to make a change Gait was an excellent choice I think there are a lot more pieces to the puzzle obviously

Like getting better players?

Other than Hiltz, Dordy and Curry, there isn't really anyone on our offense that scares other teams.

I guess one thing at a time. I didn't notice any balls flying up in the air when scooping up the ground balls so that's a plus I guess. Maybe next game the passing or shot placement will improve. Oh and I think this is the first game they haven't gone offsides.

On a serious note, this team has been so frustrating because while it might not be elite talent, there's talent there to play with anyone but they just keep getting in their own way. The offense got looks but couldn't convert, and passing still seems to be an issue halfway through the season. At this point there's no use to keep complaining about the defense. It is what it is and maybe hopefully it'll get better as the season goes on.

Who on Hopkins scares you?

No one but we’re both bad teams.

Bad stick skills aside our field iq is so poor it’s really frustrating. Not running away from traffic, picking left and we dodge right, cook getting trail checked not once but twice because he has no awareness that people are coming behind him AND we’re obviously not communicating that to him. The list goes on and on. Very frustrating.

It’s a rebuild.

Last edited:
Petro's side of the field acquitted itself much better than Gait/March's today.

Offense got unlucky with a few pipes, but MAN, do they lack dodgers. Dordevic was ok but didn't look like his dominant self. The book is out on Curry at this point, if you have a guy who can keep stride with him he's not going to do anything. Seebold was a non-entity today against Hop's third best pole.

Neither team played well, but Hop looked like they wanted it more. I wasn't there in person, but on TV it seemed like their bench was much more into the game than the Orange's.

Let’s hope these guys coming in are legitimately as good as advertised. I wanna see fresh blood now.
I agree with JC as most of us do, I wanna see Cordes, Corsi, and Pete.
I’m not as high on Tenglia or Ferris but idk.

Looks like I didn't miss much not being able to catch the 2nd half and I'm def glad I didn't go to the game. This team isn't good but either is Hopkins so while winning this game in the longrun probably wouldn't be worth much it still sucks losing. SB seems like it could be a winnable game but they're def going to need to score more than 7 goals.

I do agree watching a team in a rebuilding year is painful to watch. Reminds me of the 2007 team, but gee, what did the the 2008 and 2009 teams look like? Quite the transformation.

I'm patient, I had no designs that this year was going to special. I thought they played better today than in previous outings and the difference in the score was more a function of poor shot selection and those pipes ... how many were there? I stopped counting after 7.

Patience, please.

Edit: The stats proved they out-played Hoppy. GB, EMOs, Shots FOs and TOs ... every catagory but the final score ... meaningful progress comes slowly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom