Horrible Location for the title game... | Syracusefan.com

Horrible Location for the title game...

bpo57

Living Legend
Santa Clara is so far away from where the likely title participants are located. No wonder that the tickets are plentiful and cheap. Plus accommodations are expensive as well. The area is not exactly a hotbed for college football either. Really dumb choice.

It makes no sense. SF is an expensive city to fly to with expensive hotels. And Santa Clara is far from the city and annoying to get to. Whoever thought it was a good idea to play there should be fired.

I hate to always cater to the SEC fan and the “ it just matters more” crowd, but if you put this game in the South you have a chance to fill the stadium no matter what. The PAC 12 had 20k or so at their own championship game. When you take that and put it in one of the most expensive areas in the country it’s a bad look. Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Dallas, Indy rotation may be a better play.

Having the title game at Lambeau or Soldier Field would be amazing though.

Would be awesome, even a central local like KC. the midwest is always a great host and the chief's stadium is pretty awesome. Santa Clara is a reach and when new stadiums are built, they always get a bid. Just the culmination of a poor bowl season.

Would be awesome, even a central local like KC. the midwest is always a great host and the chief's stadium is pretty awesome. Santa Clara is a reach and when new stadiums are built, they always get a bid. Just the culmination of a poor bowl season.
I beg to differ. Best bowl season in years.

Anything worthwhile after the Camping Bowl was just gravy.

I hate to always cater to the SEC fan and the “ it just matters more” crowd, but if you put this game in the South you have a chance to fill the stadium no matter what. The PAC 12 had 20k or so at their own championship game. When you take that and put it in one of the most expensive areas in the country it’s a bad look. Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Dallas, Indy rotation may be a better play.

Hopefully, the powers that be of the NCAA, whomever they are take notice of the empty seats in these bowls. yes, the rose will always draw bc of the beautiful environment, but bowls like the popular outback which draws great fan bases being 50% capacity is a huge example.

I beg to differ. Best bowl season in years.

Anything worthwhile after the Camping Bowl was just gravy.

Of course, can't argue with the Orange glasses, but many of us are college fans first and looking at the game's health, there are huge problems.

Hoping they go back there if Dino gets us to Championship, I could afford the tickets.

I couldn’t even believe when they said Levi Stadium. Wha????

I don't think you can just keep it in the southeast, Texas, or where ever the best B1G footprint venue is (Minnesota's new stadium is great -- hopefully they host one). I think this problem solves itself with the new LA (or potentially LV) stadiums.

The issue with Levi's Stadium is that it gets worse every year (and it didn't start out so great). Unfortunately, they announced this thing about a year after it opened. I hope they don't make that mistake again.