How about classic SU games watching during | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

We won the game but that 2018 Michigan State game was

source.gif

to watch.

We won and destroyed a ton of brackets though.
I can’t watch the 2018 Michigan State game.

Atleast the 2013 Marquette game we were in control the whole game.
Alsacs I basically never agree with anything you post on Syracusefan, in any thread... but you sir will ALWAYS get a like from me when using the Raiders of the Lost Ark melting face .gif in reference to watching a sporting event. Always ;) .

I only saw about 2/3 of the ‘10 Nova game -
There was a huge storm, and the power went out. UGH.
I tried several places, and those that had power, didn’t have cable.

FINALLY found a place with both, which was also a brewpub, so I proceeded to get my buzz on and cheer the Orange to an epic beatdown win over ‘Nova, which moved us up to #1 in the polls the following week. :cool:

But I still haven’t seen the full game.
I was at the 2010 Villanova game and I saw about 10% of it.

But that’s what alcohol does to the body.

Yeah Wes against Gonzaga was unstoppable as was his breakout game against UNC at the Garden.

I remember being pretty down on Cuse’s chances after AO got hurt in the Big East Tourny. The dominating performance over Gonzaga gave me hope that they were still a national championship caliber team.

Then the Butler game... still haunts me.

I remember being pretty down on Cuse’s chances after AO got hurt in the Big East Tourny. The dominating performance over Gonzaga gave me hope that they were still a national championship caliber team.

Matt Howard body slam of Joseph not being called... Right up there with the OSU and Michigan debacles by the officials.

same here. Butler 2010 and OSU 2012 were the what could have been losses that always have haunted me

Worst part of the Butler loss was how they should have lost in the second round to Murray State but they stole the game at the end.
We go to the NC game against Duke if we beat Butler.
As Kansas State coming off 2 OT in altitude and 5 seed Michigan State wouldn’t have been to hard for us that year.
It’s maddening to think about March 2010 when l do it.

Watching a Syracuse/Providence game from 2013 and at this point we had won 37 straight games at the dome going back to the 2010-11 season. I know people say the Dome isn’t a good HC advantage, but it certainly was the early part of last decade when we were regularly ranked in the top 10.

Watching a Syracuse/Providence game from 2013 and at this point we had won 37 straight games at the dome going back to the 2010-11 season. I know people say the Dome isn’t a good HC advantage, but it certainly was the early part of last decade when we were regularly ranked in the top 10.
We also had like a 45 game non conf winning streak or something I think. Amazing to think about that and then realize we went 0-4 against non conf p5 teams this year.

I don't believe this one has been posted yet, but this is the Arkansas game early in the 2012-13 season where Southerland went off...

Strange game. Triche was dreadful for the first 30 minutes then he scored a quick 10 points. We were so athletic all over the court. We had three bigs at center and Southerland and Grant coming off the bench.

This is a good watch in the year after the title. Craig Forth helped get us out to a fast start. The dome was rocking and answers my question that the national title year appears to be the last season with the blue curtain as I couldn’t remember when it was taken down. Includes a rare Pace jumper.

Last edited:

This is a good watch in the year after the title. Craig Forth helped get us out to a fast start. The dome was rocking and answers my question that the national title year appears to be the last year with the blue curtain as I couldn’t remember when it was taken down. Includes a rare Pace jumper.
All I remember from that game was the Forth to Pace basket right before halftime.

That play should be a staple last second play for us.

This is a good watch in the year after the title. Craig Forth helped get us out to a fast start. The dome was rocking and answers my question that the national title year appears to be the last year with the blue curtain as I couldn’t remember when it was taken down. Includes a rare Pace jumper.

I think that’s the game where the walkon Ronneil Herron came in and made two FTs(technical? Injured player? Can’t remember)

That game was a good example of what could’ve been the next few years with Edelin, instead of the rock fights we often found ourselves in as teams keyed on McNamara.

I think that’s the game where the walkon Ronneil Herron came in and made two FTs(technical? Injured player? Can’t remember)

That game was a good example of what could’ve been the next few years with Edelin, instead of the rock fights we often found ourselves in as teams keyed on McNamara.

Had Andre Miller like ability. I’ve spent my entire weekend watching old Syracuse games and another observation I’ve had is how good GMac was at finding people on the break. We’ve really missed that from our guards since 2013.

Not to trend too far off topic...but wasn’t the word that Herron was actually a really good player and could beat most of the guys one on one?

Not to trend too far off topic...but wasn’t the word that Herron was actually a really good player and could beat most of the guys one on one?

Yeah, I remember hearing that he could play. He always looked good in his limited time. Tyrone Albright too.

96 points against Michigan State in 2004.

Man our talent really has gone down.
GMac/Warrick/Pace/Edelin for 2004 and 2005 should have made another Final Four if Edelin didn’t have his personal problems.

Ronneil played on our summer league team in East Syracuse one year and torched everybody including a lot of local players who played college ball. Super quick and great guy.

Ronneil played on our summer league team in East Syracuse one year and torched everybody including a lot of local players who played college ball. Super quick and great guy.
He was in my Engineering Ethics class - spring semester of the championship year. One of the nicest guys I’ve met. Always willing to talk hoops. Incredibly smart too.

Rewatched this morning. In typical
MSU fashion Chris Hill bodychecked Pace into the floor and he hurt his hip which led to Herron coming in. This was probably Pace’s best game of his career.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom