How about classic SU games watching during | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

It's funny, I just finished watching the 2003 Elite Eight game vs Oklahoma. It's been a while since I've seen it... I totally forgot the ridiculousness of random goon Jozsef Szendrei running down court & shoulder checking Melo out of bounds... to a no call. They blew the whistle & stopped the play... & gave the ball back to Oklahoma to inbound. The ref was running behind the play too & had a clear sight line to what happened. Watching it back I'm floored nothing was called, it was pretty egregious & unprovoked. I can't believe I didn't remember it either, haha.

I just want to say thank you whomever the poster that is James.

You will know why. I thank you for all the uploads. I can guess which poster that is pretty obviously but will just say thanks.

That's awesome, I just looked at the name on YouTube. If that's who I think it is, he's a great guy who also really knows his SU/college basketball.

And if he or anybody else wants to upload the 2010 Nova game, let's see it!

That's awesome, I just looked at the name on YouTube. If that's who I think it is, he's a great guy who also really knows his SU/college basketball.

He’s one of my good friends and has very close connections to the program (you can actually see him in a few of those videos) but he does not post on this board. I’ll let him know everyone says thanks and appreciates it though!

Haha I’ll ask and see what he can do, but there’s a good reason that most of his videos posted are during a specific period of seasons haha.

Haha I’ll ask and see what he can do, but there’s a good reason that most of his videos posted are during a specific period of seasons haha.
Any chance for the CBS 2003 Syracuse at Michigan State game?
I believe it was late January or February 2003. Chris Hill? Hit a ton of 3’s against us. We won by 1(I think they hit a buzzer beating 3 down 4).

I believe it was late January or February 2003. Chris Hill? Hit a ton of 3’s against us. We won by 1(I think they hit a buzzer beating 3 down 4).

He did mention that one as one he’s trying to find and see if he has.

He’s one of my good friends and has very close connections to the program (you can actually see him in a few of those videos) but he does not post on this board. I’ll let him know everyone says thanks and appreciates it though!

Nice, that is who I was thinking of, I think he's mentioned to me that he lurks sometimes. He'd probably be a solid poster, I bet he's spent more time in a film room than anybody on this board.

Nice, that is who I was thinking of, I think he's mentioned to me that he lurks sometimes. He'd probably be a solid poster, I bet he's spent more time in a film room than anybody on this board.

Yeah he told me he knows you (only good things of course haha).

He did mention that one as one he’s trying to find and see if he has.
I have it on VHS if somebody wants to give me step-by-step how to go from VHS to YouTube I do have a DVD recorder as well where I can input from VHS to DVD

Hmm...I thought Mich State had the ball and a chance to beat us at the end and got multiple offensive rebounds and shots. I thought I remembered seemingly holding my breathe for like the last 10 seconds until the buzzer went off. Unless I’m confusing it with another late season game that year.

Hmm...I thought Mich State had the ball and a chance to beat us at the end and got multiple offensive rebounds and shots. I thought I remembered seemingly holding my breathe for like the last 10 seconds until the buzzer went off. Unless I’m confusing it with another late season game that year.
I don’t remember that in that game.
I know it was tight and I think we got a rebound made some FTs and they hit a shot at the buzzer to make it 1 point game.
It was a Gus Johnson CBS game if I remember correctly and he was giving lots of Melo to the whole game.

I don’t remember that in that game.
I know it was tight and I think we got a rebound made some FTs and they hit a shot at the buzzer to make it 1 point game.
It was a Gus Johnson CBS game if I remember correctly and he was giving lots of Melo to the whole game.

Highlights of that game are in the thread where I posted the 2003 highlight video. It did come down to last possession for MSU down 1 and we were able to hold them off.

They definitely had the last possession down one. Took like five years off my life.

I don't believe this one has been posted yet, but this is the Arkansas game early in the 2012-13 season where Southerland went off...

What a game.

- man I loved fair
- amazing that Coleman and Keita spent some time out there together, with Coleman on the wing
- cooney got some run even with mcw and triche in the backcourt

The shades of blue on the court in the mid 2000’s is a few shades lighter than what we have now and the orange appears brighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom