How about classic SU games watching during | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

The 1:12:30 mark - Warrick dunk off a steal, followed the next possesion by a GMac pullup 3. Pure bedlam. Awesome.

Warrick was throwing down all kinds of brutal dunks in the second half - it was the only way we scored for awhile. GMac iced it by making every single free throw.

We played man at the end of this game. I didn’t remember that at all. Why didn’t we do that against Vermont????

We played man at the end of this game. I didn’t remember that at all. Why didn’t we do that against Vermont????
I was at the Vermont game and the group of 5 students I was with kept yelling at Boeheim to do that.

We only went on our run when we pressed them in the second half and the ref called Roberts for a technical when slapped the backboard it was such bullchit and killed our momentum.
The Vermont game was the worst game JB ever coached.

We literally let Vermont pound the ball every possession and shorten the game.
We deserved to lose for our own stupidity.

Last edited:
Watching that game at the beginning reminded me of the Bernie Fine incident.

I can’t believe Jim Boeheim and anyone from Syracuse would do any business with ESPN again. It’s also funny because our AD came from ESPN.

They really did a hatchet job on the basketball program that got washed away.

If I remember ESPN was late on reporting the Sandusky abuse so they wanted to be all over the Bernie Fine accusations. I wasn't posting on this board back then but I remember still coming here every day reading all the articles and seeing what a hatchet job ESPN did

I was at the Vermont game and the group of 5 students I was with kept yelling at Boeheim to do that.

We only went on our run when we pressed them in the second half and the ref called Roberts for a technical when slapped the backboard it was such bullchit and killed our momentum.
The Vermont game was the worst game JB ever coached.

We literally let Vermont pound the ball every possession and shorten the game.
We deserved to lose for our own stupidity.

I only remember back to the early nineties, but in that time I would agree. We legit sat back in the zone and let Sorrentine just stand out there.

Cuse Marquette in 2013 was ugly but another good one. I used to have on DVR at one time.

The two preceding games would be fun to watch as well.
We won the game but that 2018 Michigan State game was

source.gif

to watch.

We won and destroyed a ton of brackets though.
I can’t watch the 2018 Michigan State game.

Atleast the 2013 Marquette game we were in control the whole game.

We won the game but that 2018 Michigan State game was

source.gif

to watch.

We won and destroyed a ton of brackets though.
I can’t watch the 2018 Michigan State game.

Atleast the 2013 Marquette game we were in control the whole game.

Yes and that Marquette team was annoying so there was an extra satisfaction beating them.

Most of our games in that 2017-18 year were a hard watch.

Last game of the white champion jerseys. We played Mizzou next game to an insane game we should have won but lost in LA in OT.

We switched to Nike in 1995 and got new uniforms.

Not to take this on a uniform thread but
the 1986-1994 uniforms were the best.
Followed by the jerseys we tweaked but wore from 1995-2004.

2005-2006 were the absolute worst uniforms we ever had.

2007-2014 were the duct tape era uniforms.

2015-to now same style with a couple variations.

And would absolutely love to see those ASU and Gonzaga games. I know some one else mentioned this, but damn I wish there were more games from 2010 available to view. Loved that team so much.
Wes Johnson’s best game IMO was that Gonzaga game.
He put the team on his back that game.
Gus Johnson kept calling Rick Jackson the Ruler I was playing a drinking game during the second half
Of that game on it.

Pitt 2003 and Villanova 2010 are by far the two I want to see again, the most.

I only saw about 2/3 of the ‘10 Nova game -
There was a huge storm, and the power went out. UGH.
I tried several places, and those that had power, didn’t have cable.

FINALLY found a place with both, which was also a brewpub, so I proceeded to get my buzz on and cheer the Orange to an epic beatdown win over ‘Nova, which moved us up to #1 in the polls the following week. :cool:

But I still haven’t seen the full game.

Cuse Marquette in 2013 was ugly but another good one. I used to have on DVR at one time.
Another team like Indiana the prior game and Oklahoma in 03 that just couldn't figure out the zone.

Some games that I would love to see again:
1998 second round vs New Mexico
2000 first round vs Samford
2001 first round vs Hawaii
I have those games with on vhs if anyone has a vhs player lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom