How about classic SU games watching during | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

How about classic SU games watching during

Does anyone have a video of the home Pitt game in 2008? The game where Paul Harris gave the game away to Pitt. My dominatrix is currently in isolation for another 10 days so I'm really fixin for some pain.
You mean the game where it felt like Harris would just hand the ball to Pitt under our own basket on every inbound play? :p :(

Does anyone have a video of the home Pitt game in 2008? The game where Paul Harris gave the game away to Pitt. My dominatrix is currently in isolation for another 10 days so I'm really fixin for some pain.
Interestingly, I still can’t watch SU losses- just not in me. They had the F4 Michigan game the other day, and knowing what was coming, I couldn’t go past the first 5 minutes.:mad:

Looked at the PBP of that game recently. We blew a 15 point lead with about 4 minutes to go. Complete meltdown that probably cost us a tourney berth.

Woooow. Was at that one!! My brother and I even ventured back into the locker room area as if we owned the place, afterwards. Got Wallace’s autograph outside the Dome. I had a Jr. High b-ball game that morning and then we went straight to the Dome and got in there right before the game started. Walking in there and seeing 32,000+ already rocking was quite the rush.
Fun one here! Two things: how good we were at m2m and Laz Sims played near perfect game; what a difference he’d be now. Plus we always looked to push the ball.

Fun one here! Two things: how good we were at m2m and Laz Sims played near perfect game; what a difference he’d be now. Plus we always looked to push the ball.

Agreed on Sims!! He always got the ball to the right place at the right time. Heck of a PG.

And yeah, I loved how we looked to push it. And how we got the ball inside.

The intensity of that game was top notch. Loved those second half skirmishes!

I can't remember stuff like where I put a folder yesterday, but stuff like Iverson picking up a quick 2 or Elimu Nelson making a last-second layup (remember when walk-ons would come and they'd actually try to score until the clock said 0?) is seared in my brain.

Fun game, that one. Great pace. Othella Harrington and Jerome Williams were two players I always liked, even as Hoyas.

I can't remember stuff like where I put a folder yesterday, but stuff like Iverson picking up a quick 2 or Elimu Nelson making a last-second layup (remember when walk-ons would come and they'd actually try to score until the clock said 0?) is seared in my brain.

Fun game, that one. Great pace. Othella Harrington and Jerome Williams were two players I always liked, even as Hoyas.

Iverson really took a physical beating in that one. Though the play where GTown got mad at Otis Hill was just the result of a small man colliding with a big man in the air. Hill did nothing wrong. Felt like GTown went after him because it was just something you had to do if your star got knocked down.

Iverson really took a physical beating in that one. Though the play where GTown got mad at Otis Hill was just the result of a small man colliding with a big man in the air. Hill did nothing wrong. Felt like GTown went after him because it was just something you had to do if your star got knocked down.

I also have no doubt they'd call a flagrant on that in 2020, unjustified as that'd be. But in '96 our boys Burr and Higgins (who looked way less obese and inebriated than I remember him) got it right.

I also have no doubt they'd call a flagrant on that in 2020, unjustified as that'd be. But in '96 our boys Burr and Higgins (who looked way less obese and inebriated than I remember him) got it right.

Funny thing is Hill was mad they called a foul at all!

If it was him blocking someone big like Harrington’s shot or something, the contact might’ve been ignored.

That was the program’s mentality back then. I once ran in a pickup game with Erich Santifer, Red Bruin, and Ron Payton, @ Archbold Gym.
Every time Santifer had the ball, he was running. Could barely keep up! Lol

Been reading this forum for a long time. Finally decided to make a contribution, so I have posted the 2013 Marquette tournament game people mentioned wanting to watch:

There is no telling how long the video will last on Youtube, so you may want to download it. Just install an addon for your browser.

Enjoy.

Now I can't find SU/Maryland from 2004. Not sure why that was removed either.

Been reading this forum for a long time. Finally decided to make a contribution, so I have posted the 2013 Marquette tournament game people mentioned wanting to watch:

There is no telling how long the video will last on Youtube, so you may want to download it. Just install an addon for your browser.

Enjoy.

Thank you for posting! Even though it was an ugly game I’ve been looking forward to re-watching this for some time.

This game was strange for me. Normally I’m a nervous wreck during NCAA tournament games, especially during a regional final with a Final Four berth on the line. But I remember being ridiculously confident before and during this game. It never crossed my mind that Cuse might lose that day.

Hate to post a loss, but it’s the iconic Hopkins bleeding face game. So it’s certainly a memorable one. And IMO the 90s are woefully underrepresented on YouTube for Cuse hoops.

Thank you for posting! Even though it was an ugly game I’ve been looking forward to re-watching this for some time.

This game was strange for me. Normally I’m a nervous wreck during NCAA tournament games, especially during a regional final with a Final Four berth on the line. But I remember being ridiculously confident before and during this game. It never crossed my mind that Cuse might lose that day.
Me too

Enjoy.
I’d like to know what’s the easiest way to go from I’m assuming you had this on DVR
or DVD

but the easiest way to go to YouTube From DVR DVD but also VHS to YouTube

I’d like to know what’s the easiest way to go from I’m assuming you had this on DVR
or DVD

Here is a link to a post about a device that makes capturing VHS/DVD output to your computer pretty easy.

Once you've captured it on your computer, just go to YouTube, select "Upload" and point to your computer directory.

or DVD

At the time I would have been using an HDHomeRun and recording on my computer. I edited out commercials after the fact. There are other similar devices out there; Hauppage comes to mind.

Another method to record would be to stream a game on the computer from ESPN app or similar and then start a screen capture with your video card. I have an older NVIDIA GTX 750 which has this capability (start by hitting ALT-F9), so I assume other cards of the time and more recent ones have the same capability. I don't think this is the best method, because to me, streaming games often seems like the video and audio is not in sync, and I find that distracting. That method does work though; I recorded the Gonzaga and Virginia tournament games this way.

If recording at Full HD (1080p) with no compression, these recorded files can be quite large, say 20-30G, for a 2 hour game. That is why I later remove commercials in a video editor, then render to mp4 using some compression. Games end up being 8-10G in size.

I imagine there are even better options out there that require less time and effort.

Remove the Big East foes who we have looked terrible against since leaving and think about our recent record against blue blood programs. It’s pretty good and most losses have been close.

Drives me bonkers we can’t have fun home and home series anymore against someone like UCLA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom