How about some love for the OL | Syracusefan.com

How about some love for the OL

Scooch

Living Legend
They were excellent tonight. Gave Nassib tons of time and blew the WVU DL off the ball on the run.

Best performance in a long time.

Agreed ... virtually no pentalties I don't remember a holding penalty and zero sacks.

And Mackey's name was never mentioned ... which is a good thing ;)

I don't recall the name of Hay being mentioned at all!

You mean except for the personal foul. Fortunately it was over by then. But still something he has to watch.

Best OL performance in years Hands down they played lights out all night

They were excellent tonight. Gave Nassib tons of time and blew the WVU DL off the ball on the run.

Best performance in a long time.
Awesome performance.Should be quite a confidence builder.

WVU didn't register a single tackle for loss. That's just incredible.

I don't think Irvin made a peep, outside of the personal foul call. Great job in every department. This is the line we need to see for the rest of the year.

If this game was any indication I wish every week we could be coming off a bye week. Coaches must have worked the players good in that off week b/c we look much improved!

On a more individual basis, I don't try to grade out OL, as there are much more astute posters who can do that. But I don't think I have really heard much negativity at all in regards to Tiller this year. What are our overall thoughts on his play? NFL? Or just kind of quietly consistent?

Yes, our OL finally put together an entire game and dominated the line of scrimmage. On some of the pass plays it seemed like Ryan had all day to throw. I also love how we ran between the tackles and some of those holes were huge.

If this game was any indication I wish every week we could be coming off a bye week. Coaches must have worked the players good in that off week b/c we look much improved!

I also think we did a ton of healing too ... we needed that bye week to get well ... injuries have caused some issues on the defensive side of the ball.

Our Lineman look athletic

WVU had a few guys sporting kegs underneath their uniform...we had juice left in the 4th.

Our Lineman look athletic

WVU had a few guys sporting kegs underneath their uniform...we had juice left in the 4th.

Those are merely gas tanks for love machines ... :)

I've already done it in a number of posts, but I don't have a problem doing again here. They beat the crap out of WVU and broke their will. They did a great job keeping Nassib clean all night. And then it was nice seeing the opposite happen on D. Jones played up to his preseason hype, and the D leveled Gino all night. I bet he's sore today. It was fun to watch.

You mean except for the personal foul. Fortunately it was over by then. But still something he has to watch.

I thought Hay's personal foul penalty was a bit cheap. I don't even think he knocked the guy down. If I remember correctly, WVU was holding up Jerome Smith and taking shots at him and Hay came in and hit some WVU guy. I thought it was fine considering they were so slow on the whistle and allowing WVU to take shots at a defenseless RB.

I thought Hay's personal foul penalty was a bit cheap. I don't even think he knocked the guy down. If I remember correctly, WVU was holding up Jerome Smith and taking shots at him and Hay came in and hit some WVU guy. I thought it was fine considering they were so slow on the whistle and allowing WVU to take shots at a defenseless RB.

Yeah, Smith was very good, but you know a guy runs high when he gets stood up every time he gets tackled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom