How bad is Terrell Hunt? | Syracusefan.com

How bad is Terrell Hunt?

SU2NASA

All American
This does not look so good for the quarterbacking.

It's a long season and who knows, but I'm not so convinced yet. And I'm not saying that the answer is on the bench.

It's a long season and who knows, but I'm not so convinced yet. And I'm not saying that the answer is on the bench.

i hear what you are saying, but honestly if this was the best we got, then what can we do. It is what it is

i hear what you are saying, but honestly if this was the best we got, then what can we do. It is what it is

Exactly. I don't know what's on the bench and I'm not going to say it's better, but geez.

It felt like mcdonald was calling this game for hunt with all the stupid dinks and dunks. Allen obviously needs to work on the playbook and chemistry with the wideouts. Looked real confused at times.

Back off the ledge. Allen hasn't played a full game start to finish in over 5 years. The offense has work to do but I'm not ready to blow up the ship just yet. Coming out against PSU for your first game in a new system is no easy task. He's rusty but I saw some promise.

Our wide receiver routes were strange. Nothing in the 15-20 yard range in the middle of the field. Nothing to our tight ends. No imagination with Broyd.

Exactly. I don't know what's on the bench and I'm not going to say it's better, but geez.
Allen was not good. But, we couldn't run the ball, and had some key drops too. Also, aside from west do we have any competent wrs'? kobena can run a go but not sure he can do anything else. but yeah...i am also thinking that if hunt was any good he'd have the job.

Anyone putting the offense's struggles solely on the QB is a idiot.

The entire offense was out of whack. Time after time coaches weren't getting the plays in in a timely manner. Our wide receivers are *ahem* talent-challenged. Our OLine struggled to get any push all day long.

And yet, it's all on the QB. Amazing.

Oh Lord

Back off the ledge. Allen hasn't played a full game start to finish in over 5 years. The offense has work to do but I'm not ready to blow up the ship just yet. Coming out against PSU for your first game in a new system is no easy task. He's rusty but I saw some promise.

I think there's some truth to that. Penn State was a good defensive team, and this was the first game with almost an entire new offensive coaching staff, running out a QB who hadn't started his entire career, who'd only had a month to get on the same page with his teammates.

The offensive execution was poor--can't overstate that. But I'm not ready to bury Allen yet.

Anyone putting the offense's struggles solely on the QB is a idiot.

The entire offense was out of whack. Time after time coaches weren't getting the plays in in a timely manner. Our wide receivers are *ahem* talent-challenged. Our OLine struggled to get any push all day long.

And yet, it's all on the QB. Amazing.

Oh Lord
you are right. qb will always get the most credit or blame though - nature of the beast isn't it?

wierd part is looked bad running but smith avg almost 5 a carry. it was the lack of 3-4 plays in a row that were the issue

wierd part is looked bad running but smith avg almost 5 a carry. it was the lack of 3-4 plays in a row that were the issue

Agreed. Just couldn't get any sustained drives going [after our first possession in the first half].

I think [believe?] that the offense can get better, despite today's poor showing. I actually saw some promising things today--they have a long way to go, however.

Our fan base is just as bi-polar as any other mindless fan base. With each loss, we have to replace every other player on the field.

Football is a TEAM sport, not one player makes or breaks the team.

Our fan base is just as bi-polar as any other mindless fan base. With each loss, we have to replace every other player on the field.

Football is a TEAM sport, not one player makes or breaks the team.
Maybe not but QB is the most important position in sports isn't it? I'm not blaming the loss on Allen, there were plenty of issues out there. But good qb play can mask a lot of issues, and below avg qb play can amplify those same issues.

After one game and calling for a QB change......Oh Lord

Allen has amazing arm strength, something Nassib really didn't have. I think once we get a few games in he will settle in with the receivers.

Maybe not but QB is the most important position in sports isn't it? I'm not blaming the loss on Allen, there were plenty of issues out there. But good qb play can mask a lot of issues, and below avg qb play can amplify those same issues.

It is true a QB can mask mistakes but not that many. OL play was poor. WR play was very very very poor for a D1 football team. The play calling was late and below average. Those are an awful lot of mistakes to try and cover up especially when the running game isn't going either...

I think Allen did alright. Not good no. But, he doesn't have that go-to receiver. Also, the line was not impressive at all. Allen has some good upside IMO. Too bad he doesn't have Sales and Lemon to throw to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom