How committed is SU? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

How committed is SU?

Then it comes down to… who else can we get? And how much is the AD willing to pony up?
I have posted before. I want a coach with strong ties in our recruiting areas. Basically East Coast. In my opinion needs to have been a strong O or D coordinator background or OL DL coach. Id like to elevate a strong coordinator or lower level head coach.
My favorite is Joe Moorhead.

You are clueless. The bottom line is we suck once again and a number of loses can be attributed to coaching, once again. I realize the school will not fire Dino this year because they are to cheap and not committed to winning football. They do the minim required to appear committed to fielding a competent team and nothing more.
Clueless from the guy who thinks his not getting tickets will spur the AD and university to eat Dinos buyout. No one is happy with the outcomes on the field. Everyone gets it. Your need to complain incessantly about it does not create any added context. Saying Syracuse does the bare minimum without facts supporting the statement is also garbage. Fact: Syracuse is implementing a multi phase upgrade to the dome in the millions. Fact: When everyone was concerned Dino was leaving for USC the university and AD ponied up market competitive compensation to keep Dino here. Fact: The AD has also added bank for the assistants, provided Dino access to private flying and other soft benefits. 007 has mentioned previously that there are things happening behind the scenes to be competitive. Fact: Just because Syracuse doesn't have the desire to eat a $10mm dollar buyout doesn't mean that they are not committed. Fact: The AD does not have unilateral decision right to make the buyout decision and likely would have to go to the Board for approval. Fact: Other schools that do buyout coaches HAVE donors who pay the bill. So if you want Dino gone perhaps as I originally stated you should write a check.

Last edited:
Clueless from the guy who thinks his not getting tickets will spur the AD and university to eat Dinos buyout. No one is happy with the outcomes on the field. Everyone gets it. Your need to complain incessantly about it does not create any added context. Saying Syracuse does the bare minimum without facts supporting the statement is also garbage. Fact: Syracuse is implementing a multi phase upgrade to the dome in the millions. Fact: When everyone was concerned Dino was leaving for USC the university and AD ponied up market competitive compensation to keep Dino here. Fact: The AD has also added bank for the assistants, provided Dino access to private flying and other soft benefits. 007 has mentioned previously that there are things happening behind the scenes to be competitive. Fact: Just because Syracuse doesn't have the desire to eat a $10mm dollar buyout doesn't mean that they are not committed. Fact: Other schools that do buyout coaches HAVE donors who pay the bill. So if you want Dino gone perhaps as I originally stated you should write a check.

The Dome had to be done and it had nothing to do with SU’s commitment to football. The roof was at the end of life expectancy. Of course SU took the cheapest option available.

If another 5 - 10 thousand people stop going to games in the already half empty Dome they will absolutely eat Dino’s buyout. The vast majority of the community realizes what you don’t, SU football is a mess and the administration is OK with it. That’s why attendance and interest for this team are abysmal. Zero juice in the community.

I watched the Oregon game late last night as it completed a 6-leg parlay for me. I couldn’t believe how old Joe Moorhead looks. I figured he is late 50s. Nope. He’s late 40s. The man really needs to find a gym nearby. I fear for his long term health

Can someone show us what our football locker rooms look like currently? Those upgrades should have been done immediately; not in Phase 3 or whatever. ACC money; and we have Texas high school locker rooms? So what will the upgrades do, get us to MAC level?

Recent photos from the basketball lockers was pathetic.

Edit: This is UB(MAC):
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Syracuse is lagging behind in most aspects of ACC commitment. Im fully aware of the current campaign as we make an annual contribution to the athletic department. This year we along with some of our group have made those contributions with what i will frame as more detail on how they are to be spent.
Syracuse has plenty of money to buy out Dino. Its a drop in the bucket compared to the financial resources of the school. A rounding error if you will. SU however to their credit has done an outstanding job maintaining a responsible approach to sports. I believe that the school is commited to football but that they are in a tough spot because of the contract. Its not that they dont have the ability to pay him its that it goes against the grain and mode of operations on the Hill. I do know that some very significant donors have had it with Dino. I was told that his job is secure and i believe it is. I hope that it isnt as i think that he needs to earn the right to coach this team going forward and to date after 6 years he is in my opinion out of rope.
SU will learn from this and hopefully JW has a solid list ready. Syracuse is a very good job. We have a great history, one of the best venues in all of college football and a fan base that has proven they are dying to support a good team. Doesnt have to be great just solid. Give us 6-8 wins a year and once in a decade greatness and SU will build a statue for you.

Dino is and will always be a guy who can turn around a program. He has never been a good OC and has never won with his players. He isnt invested in the community and i truly believe he was 100% gone after the 10 win season if the cards had fell in his favor.
As ive posted multiple times Dino is either going to be fired, not renewed, or become a winner and leave. I know that other coaches can move on like Doug did but this is different.

The best thing we can hope for is for him to get to 6 wins and he agrees to a restructured deal otherwise we can expect a tough off season. One that i believe will result in multiple transfers, and coaches leaving.

Whatever happened to rapid testing for the flu? No excuse for a super spreader event. Do they even take flu shots before the season starts?

I got a flu shot almost a month ago.

And I got sick for a week right afterwards.

Because of 1 miraculous win against a 4-6 team? Kansas was 1-8 going into that game last night with their only win vs South Dakota and numerous blowouts.
So we are down to arguing that we are better than Kansas. I would say that we are for the year but not yesterday as i doubt we would have beat them with yesterdays effort. Again hopefully it was a combination of the flu and guys just being rusty. Weird vibe yesterday for sure. Nobody had any fire. Dino looked like a Frozen parking lot attendant and even the wolverine seemed docile.

Because of 1 miraculous win against a 4-6 team? Kansas was 1-8 going into that game last night with their only win vs South Dakota and numerous blowouts.
Would you trade coaches with Kansas?

Syracuse is lagging behind in most aspects of ACC commitment. Im fully aware of the current campaign as we make an annual contribution to the athletic department. This year we along with some of our group have made those contributions with what i will frame as more detail on how they are to be spent.
Syracuse has plenty of money to buy out Dino. Its a drop in the bucket compared to the financial resources of the school. A rounding error if you will. SU however to their credit has done an outstanding job maintaining a responsible approach to sports. I believe that the school is commited to football but that they are in a tough spot because of the contract. Its not that they dont have the ability to pay him its that it goes against the grain and mode of operations on the Hill. I do know that some very significant donors have had it with Dino. I was told that his job is secure and i believe it is. I hope that it isnt as i think that he needs to earn the right to coach this team going forward and to date after 6 years he is in my opinion out of rope.
SU will learn from this and hopefully JW has a solid list ready. Syracuse is a very good job. We have a great history, one of the best venues in all of college football and a fan base that has proven they are dying to support a good team. Doesnt have to be great just solid. Give us 6-8 wins a year and once in a decade greatness and SU will build a statue for you.

Dino is and will always be a guy who can turn around a program. He has never been a good OC and has never won with his players. He isnt invested in the community and i truly believe he was 100% gone after the 10 win season if the cards had fell in his favor.
As ive posted multiple times Dino is either going to be fired, not renewed, or become a winner and leave. I know that other coaches can move on like Doug did but this is different.

The best thing we can hope for is for him to get to 6 wins and he agrees to a restructured deal otherwise we can expect a tough off season. One that i believe will result in multiple transfers, and coaches leaving.
So “not renewed” has already been decided? Even if in some miraculous way he goes 8-3 the next two years?

So we are down to arguing that we are better than Kansas. I would say that we are for the year but not yesterday as i doubt we would have beat them with yesterdays effort. Again hopefully it was a combination of the flu and guys just being rusty. Weird vibe yesterday for sure. Nobody had any fire. Dino looked like a Frozen parking lot attendant and even the wolverine seemed docile.

I responded to someone who said Kansas was better than us. They are not and was based on 1 game. If you want to agree Kansas is better knock yourself out.

The guy has won everywhere he has gone. His record is 148-47

For comparison Dino's record is 66-57
I'm aware and not the people saying I wouldn't trade him for Dino.

The guy has won everywhere he has gone. His record is 148-47

For comparison Dino's record is 66-57

Not knocking the guy cause he’s a good coach but 109 of those wins were at a D3 school.

So “not renewed” has already been decided? Even if in some miraculous way he goes 8-3 the next two years?
Not necessarily. Its one option.

It’s more because of how much money Alabama spends on football.

Actually I looked and the avg o-line coach salary was significantly higher than I realized. So the point I was trying to make wasn’t accurate and I was wrong.

Hello? I said that dropping down a level makes no sense either.

The only argument that seems to be carrying water is 'the mega ACC bucks'. Maybe that's it.

Wallow in (at best) mediocrity in exchange for 'mega ACC bucks'. If so, then there's no need for all these threads about what's wrong with SU football. It's a quid pro quo. Mediocre football in exchange for mega ACC bucks. Game. Set. Match. Save everybody's mental health.
Ok- I’m trying to figure out why you appear so “shocked, shocked I tell ya’”, that money is the primary motive for our move to the ACC, or why we’re not about to nor will we ever, give up on the football program. Seriously? That needs to be explained….in detail?
All due respect, but that particular take- along with several others in this Godforsaken thread, is both irrational and borderline insane. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom