How committed is SU? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

How committed is SU?

I would cancel my football season tickets in a heartbeat if they brought him back. He’s an arrogant SOB who can’t and won’t recruit.

Your discounting/dislike for Marrone has been well documented.

However, implying that Marrone had only one more winning season than Dino, therefore, in the same realm of coach is somewhat foolish. The program was in the abyss after GRob. What Marrone did in being competitive, win games, right the ship, etc. and no longer being the laughing stock on national TV sporting shows, was nothing short of miraculous. Dino’s also been here longer, so there’s that too.

Not to mention, the infrastructure, etc. that Marrone had to work with from the administration/athletic department/powers that be, isn’t close to being in the same stratosphere of what Dino has been graciously afforded.

Night & Day!
So is the schedule.
Listen neither Dino or Doug are the answer.

That's not saying much. I dropped my seasons tickets because of Moron. Not a college coach at all. Buffalo did us a huge favor
Just curious but How do?

I would cancel my football season tickets in a heartbeat if they brought him back. He’s an arrogant SOB who can’t and won’t recruit.
He is a tool for sure.

We haven't lost our 5 games this year because of talent. We do not look like a well coached team.

We make many mistakes, lack focus, and often look unprepared or confused. Not just today but every game.

Our game plans are often lacking. They seem to have no rhyme or reason. But then you see one game every year where things just go our way. That hasn't happened yet this year so maybe there is hope.

Then you have the poor in game coaching decisions.

Maybe you could put up with this coaching with good recruiting (see Mack Brown), but that isn't the case here.

I am struggling to see what Dino does well.
Good take. Dino gives good Press. Thats it. He isnt a good recruiter, OC, game coach or game planner. Many of his hires have been lousy. He is very lucky

Marrone is a much better coach he was a few plays away from having the Jacksonville jaguars in the sb.

And Dino was a few plays away from winning the ACC

And to be clear, this isn't to defend Dino. It's to show how closely their resumes actually are.

Again what is one thing Dino does well as a HC? What can he hang his hat on, I thought it was offense but in year 6 that isn’t the case
Ya it's hard to hang your hat on offense when your passing game is on the same level as Army.

^^^Right here, I agree...I mean really folks. Stuff happens. Upgrades to the dome, AD paid Dino when EVERY person on this board pretty much wanted him extended, upgrades elsewhere per 007 previously. It's been a rollercoaster, I get it... we all want program success. People keep kvetching about the same damn things. Again if you want Dino out so bad please take a snapshot of your donation to buying him out, otherwise give it a rest. 2 games to go...bad day today, rebound next week and get 6. We have played everyone but Ville tough...shake it off and move on.
How about if I want Dino gone I stop attending games. Enough people join me I guarantee SU makes a change. Stop with this donation garbage. The guy is a crappy coach and if he was the coach at any other P5 school he would have been run off long ago.

How about if I want Dino gone I stop attending games. Enough people join me I guarantee SU makes a change. Stop with this donation garbage. The guy is a crappy coach and if he was the coach at any other P5 school he would have been run off long ago.
Hasn't that already happened? Just check the empty seats

Go ahead and stop going, that should help pay his buyout. Stop with your complaining garbage every single week. We get it...but if the buyout is to big then NOTHING is going to happen . Some of you all just cry out loud without any effin thought. Good...go ahead...stop going. That will change absolutely nothing for next season. My god the level of tone deaf regarding some subjects on this board is off the charts.

Considering Alabama spends more on football than a lot of other schools do, it's the same % equivalent for what an average program budget pays their OL coach.

It’s about 6-9 times more than an average program pays their oline coach. So not equivalent.

I would understand if you cancelled for other reasons but not for false narratives. That would be silly.

Hasn't that already happened? Just check the empty seats
I am shocked we got as many people at the games as we have so far. It can get worse.

I am shocked we got as many people at the games as we have so far. It can get worse.
What is your take on yesterday's game?
Team was so flat i do wonder if the flu was the issue as this is the first game they lacked effort

Go ahead and stop going, that should help pay his buyout. Stop with your complaining garbage every single week. We get it...but if the buyout is to big then NOTHING is going to happen . Some of you all just cry out loud without any effin thought. Good...go ahead...stop going. That will change absolutely nothing for next season. My god the level of tone deaf regarding some subjects on this board is off the charts.
You are clueless. The bottom line is we suck once again and a number of loses can be attributed to coaching, once again. I realize the school will not fire Dino this year because they are to cheap and not committed to winning football. They do the minim required to appear committed to fielding a competent team and nothing more.

If Dino wasn't so Charasmatic nobody would be defending him. He runs a clean program,the kids seem to like him but the results are terrible, his team isnt well prepared and his in game coaching, clock management, and decision making is weak and has cost us games. He has no east coast ties and been through multiple coordinators. Other than the 1-10 disaster and all but every other season a disaster he is a heck of a coach.
Then it comes down to… who else can we get? And how much is the AD willing to pony up?

It’s about 6-9 times more than an average program pays their oline coach. So not equivalent.

It’s more because of how much money Alabama spends on football.

What is your take on yesterday's game?
Team was so flat i do wonder if the flu was the issue as this is the first game they lacked effort
Whatever happened to rapid testing for the flu? No excuse for a super spreader event. Do they even take flu shots before the season starts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom