How do fans help on NIL front? | Syracusefan.com

How do fans help on NIL front?

richmondcuse03

All Conference
Understand the small stuff and buying shirts, etc. But when it comes to helping Syracuse compete, where should we direct some extra cash? I know the collectives exist -- is that the best place? Are those the ones actually helping us retain guys? What's the best one?

We obviously had our own deal on here and we can keep doing that. But where else should we put some money rather than just complain? Let's have a positive suggestion thread.

I would think that most fans dont want to invest in this stuff. We have stories of people jumping from cable to streaming to save $100 a yr.. Are they then gonna throw the $100 to save an NIL for a kid and then do that for life? Most fans of SU never went to the school to have a real interest in it.

Maybe someone could get Judah's PO Box and everyone start sending him $10 a month and tell him it continues as long as he stays at Syracuse. Not sure about the compliance of that last part but however it needs to be communicated legally. Get enough people and it could work for a couple years. Or, could someone set up Venmo accounts for every player and people can randomly send them money? I'd guess the better you play in a game the more money would show up in your account the next day. The ultimate in pay for performance.

I would think that most fans dont want to invest in this stuff. We have stories of people jumping from cable to streaming to save $100 a yr.. Are they then gonna throw the $100 to save an NIL for a kid and then do that for life? Most fans of SU never went to the school to have a real interest in it.
And yet some do. We have plenty of threads where people complain. Is it that hard to just ignore it?

we have 100s thousand of su fans locally.. I would say the amount investing money in NIL is in the hundreds. if not for this board how many here would be doing anything?

Understand the small stuff and buying shirts, etc. But when it comes to helping Syracuse compete, where should we direct some extra cash? I know the collectives exist -- is that the best place? Are those the ones actually helping us retain guys? What's the best one?

We obviously had our own deal on here and we can keep doing that. But where else should we put some money rather than just complain? Let's have a positive suggestion thread.

Yes the collectives is where the money should go.

The Fine Mess collective is always looking for donations to help fund student athletes at school and to help build brand loyalty!

$2,000,000 is a lot to ask of individual fans unless some serious donors step up. I think that's the NIL number I've heard that it will cost to compete in the ACC, just for football. Interesting times.

The Fine Mess collective is always looking for donations to help fund student athletes at school and to help build brand loyalty!
Already do that one -- was wondering if there was another. But probably a good time for Fine Mess to solicit more for next year too...

Yes the collectives is where the money should go.
Thank you. Wasn't sure if there was something else or that was the best route. Is there a "official" one you recommend?

We are always open for business! Seriously, if you read my financial summary you know that we aren't going to move the needle all that much, but we have at least one player whose life we impacted very positively this season and whose family is truly appreciative of what we have accomplished for Enrique. I chatted with his step dad at our little year end celebration and told him that we would certainly like to consider continuing our relationship going forward - those banners weren't cheap and we still have a few dozen (!) koozies to work through - but we won't do anything formal until all the movement stops with transfers and other changes. He smiled and said "Have you seen my twitter?! If he wants to go anywhere else he's going without his family!"

Thank you. Wasn't sure if there was something else or that was the best route. Is there a "official" one you recommend?

Run by Mike Bristol who has been JB's publicist for years. I'm going to lay low with our project for a little while but we will definitely be soliciting donations for 2023.

We had a large anonymous gift come in late that bridged the gap for everything we wanted to do in 2022 and is giving us a nice nest egg to build on for 2023, but we will still need a lot of support to replicate what we did this year and set us up going forward.

Besides the 315 foundation already mentioned, there is also Athletes who care. Right now 315 is more bball centered while Athletes who care is football related. Here’s an article on athletes who care.

but in all seriousness -- most NIL deals are business driven.

Collectives are great, but SU might need to get creative in how they do advertising deals. I won't sit and act like I know NIL rules inside and out, but Syracuse has a huge list of advertisers. It's a business cost if you lose some of those dollars and they go to your student-athletes instead.

For example, Billy Whitaker has a new commercial with coach Boeheim -- these kind of things are going to need to start swinging the other way. I'm not sure how legally you stay within bounds, so to speak, but we need to be innovative and driving the bus here, not missing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom