How Does JB Address This? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How Does JB Address This?

ok, so bazely knew he wasnt getting money from us yet still committed... and then switches to the G league all of a sudden? The only way this makes sense per your construct is if he THOUGHT we were going to pay him, and then didn't...which means we were going to pay him and then changed our ways?
When he committed, he was not a top 10 player.

Can someone explain to me how much money Bazley is gonna make over his pell grants/etc he would receive at Syracuse? I feel like since the money at Syracuse is tax free, the juice he is getting is from an agent which I can’t imagine is 7 figures. Something makes no sense here. I expect Boeheim to lay this out very carefully to show this is a bad financial decision going to G league (in a vacuum)

So, to clarify, nothing still from JB on this? And yes, I'm that lazy. I want to know but won't google it. So spoon-feed me.

ok, so bazely knew he wasnt getting money from us yet still committed... and then switches to the G league all of a sudden? The only way this makes sense per your construct is if he THOUGHT we were going to pay him, and then didn't...which means we were going to pay him and then changed our ways?
Or he was getting paid by an agent and with all of the attention decided to not risk being caught.

Jim might start by creating a relationship with his recruits. The fact that he was blindsided by this speaks volumes.
Volumes? Ok please give an example just how JB knew in advance beyond Bazley strongly being a 1 n done. And please base it on fact not fantasy.

Are the ESPNs and shows reaching out to him like they do when we sneak into the Tourney or make a run? I would expect they are. Because he goes on a bunch of those asap and yaps. Maybe Wildhack has a gag order placed currently with this situation?

Remember those long threads on this board about how upset folks were that he did not honor his word to Ohio State.

Recruits change VERBAL commitments all the time. See: Battle, Tyus.
That also generally happens with plenty of time to peruse Plan B options.

This is reneging on a signed NLI.

And with minimal time to find a replacement, which even if we do, won’t be the same level player.

If you can’t see the difference between those 2 things, then I don’t know what to tell you.

The other theory is schools who actually pay their players got to Bazley to destroy Syracuse basketball team. They tell their agents to get to Bazley then he gets paid and decides to leave. Pretty interesting how we are the only school this happened to. Almost too convenient

Conspiracy theory.jpg

The other theory is schools who actually pay their players got to Bazley to destroy Syracuse basketball team. They tell their agents to get to Bazley then he gets paid and decides to leave. Pretty interesting how we are the only school this happened to. Almost too convenient

The other theory is that the Earth is flat.

oh boy, that didn't happen

Remember those long threads on this board about how upset folks were that he did not honor his word to Ohio State.
Or Devo to Michigan state Or Battle or...

So, to clarify, nothing still from JB on this? And yes, I'm that lazy. I want to know but won't google it. So spoon-feed me.
"We wouldn't have lost 10 games with him next year. Got it? Not 10"

Wait... is this really "The other theory?"

Jim might start by creating a relationship with his recruits. The fact that he was blindsided by this speaks volumes.

This appears to be a short sighted take on your behalf. If anything, it actually speaks volumes of this young man's character, or lack thereof. It's his life, and he is certainly free to do what he chooses. But, at 17 years of age, he clearly lacks the wisdom and maturity, not to mention the apparent adult guidance he likely didn't obtain relative to general respect and courtesy. If he was taught that, or lived in a household environment that placed certain principles of this nature as a priority, he would have, at a minimum, had the integrity of at least contacting JB, or the coach that spent the most time recruited him, etc. giving them a heads up prior to this information going viral. The coaches being "blindsided" speaks volumes alright, but again, it's more of a reflection on Bazley.

If Bazley really thinks he will learn more from a G League Coach than a hall of fame coach is nuts. Don’t know what to say other than the NCAA has a s storm on there hands with this situation and need to apply the two year rule now.

Bazeley's perspective/rationalization:
SU — HoF coach, sure, but for a championship won eons ago. Team plays a non-pro defense. Team plays super-slow, non-scoring offense. How much coaching do I get from the super-old guy? My position coach never played my position. I can't practice as much as I want. I have to take classes, too? Meal card?

G — learn from ex-NBA coaches and assistants. Play and practice against better competition. Begin my career NBA-adjacent. Get my tricked-out whip and hang with pros and celebs NOW. Hundred grand in my pocket that ain't a candy bar. I disrupted the system—me! I'm the Rosa Parks of basketball!

Not really "nuts."

I agree with the rest. I really have no interest in watching college sports if they pay players, if the quality of play continues to be diminished by one and done or the rule changes to allow direct from HS to the NBA.

Recruits change VERBAL commitments all the time. See: Battle, Tyus.
That also generally happens with plenty of time to peruse Plan B options.

This is reneging on a signed NLI.

And with minimal time to find a replacement, which even if we do, won’t be the same level player.

If you can’t see the difference between those 2 things, then I don’t know what to tell you.

And if you think this is some moral failing by Bazley or shows a lack of integrity then I don’t know what to tell you. Even in the legal context the law does not consider even an intentional breach to be immoral or malicious. It just potentially triggers rights by the other party to recover. The notion that he broke his word and in doing so lacked integrity (but no worry to Ohio state bc thst was verbal) is completely ridiculous.

May not be the only school - may be just the first.

Is that you again, Alex Jones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom