How does the disintegration of PAC 12 impact | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How does the disintegration of PAC 12 impact

True. But it cannot be said that Syracuse will never make a CFP under the current format.

Timing and execution. The ACC was down in 2018, it’ll be down again. Unfortunately we just didn’t get the 1 extra win.
It was down because we won games. If SU had lost those games, no one would have been saying the ACC was down.

In the past, Syracuse has always had less money than the factory and big programs, who always had tons of dark money from boosters. I can't tell if that gap is bigger or smaller now.

May be an unpopular opinion, but I’d drop football down to FCS and put all my chips in on basketball by returning to the Big East.

What happens when all the football schools (read as most popular schools) break away from the NCAA and start their own basketball tournament which will be the only one that matters?

What is happening to college sports is absolute nonsense, and you can say a lot negative about the college administrators making these decisions, but you can't say they are stupid- breathtakingly greedy sure - but not stupid.

The reason all these nonsense moves are taking place is because the big boys want to operate independently of the little guys (and not share any money with them). There is zero chance they just forget to take the NCAA tournament and the billion dollars annually it earns with them on their way out the door. It was always a mistake to have, for example, LeMoyne and Ohio St be regulated by the same body. There is no way for the NCAA to find common ground between schools so different, and it was always destined to fail. The problem comes with schools in the gray area that want to be with the big guys but maybe aren't quite desirable enough to make the cut. They can hold things up in court, which is why expansion is happening in weird disjointed ways - its the big guys trying to limbo under the anti-trust laws. And they are going to succeed because American anti-trust laws never stop the biggest fish from gobbling up most of the market in any industry.

This nonsense transition period which has teams in California and New Jersey playing in the same conference (called the Big 10, which as sixteen teams) is going to suck for everybody. The final solution will probably be a better college sports product for everybody except those schools in the grey area that didn't make the cut. Unfortunately for us, Syracuse lands in that grey area. I dont think we have much of a choice but to play the game and hope that the line of demarcation falls at 64 schools or there about, because we will most likely make the cut in that case. Which I think it is a likely outcome, for what its worth.

What happens when all the football schools (read as most popular schools) break away from the NCAA and start their own basketball tournament which will be the only one that matters?

What is happening to college sports is absolute nonsense, and you can say a lot negative about the college administrators making these decisions, but you can't say they are stupid- breathtakingly greedy sure - but not stupid.

The reason all these nonsense moves are taking place is because the big boys want to operate independently of the little guys (and not share any money with them). There is zero chance they just forget to take the NCAA tournament and the billion dollars annually it earns with them on their way out the door. It was always a mistake to have, for example, LeMoyne and Ohio St be regulated by the same body. There is no way for the NCAA to find common ground between schools so different, and it was always destined to fail. The problem comes with schools in the gray area that want to be with the big guys but maybe aren't quite desirable enough to make the cut. They can hold things up in court, which is why expansion is happening in weird disjointed ways - its the big guys trying to limbo under the anti-trust laws. And they are going to succeed because American anti-trust laws never stop the biggest fish from gobbling up most of the market in any industry.

This nonsense transition period which has teams in California and New Jersey playing in the same conference (called the Big 10, which as sixteen teams) is going to suck for everybody. The final solution will probably be a better college sports product for everybody except those schools in the grey area that didn't make the cut. Unfortunately for us, Syracuse lands in that grey area. I dont think we have much of a choice but to play the game and hope that the line of demarcation falls at 64 schools or there about, because we will most likely make the cut in that case. Which I think it is a likely outcome, for what its worth.
Answer to this all is to use the Premier League / EPS style promotion/relegation model

Answer to this all is to use the Premier League / EPS style promotion/relegation model
That idea is both literally and figuratively foreign to Americans, except those who follow "Commie kick-ball." And those folks tend to be front-runners whose teams' only chance at relegation is a cheating scandal, à la Juventus.

Would UNC go to the Big 10 (or wherever) for basketball too? They'd be fine with one game per year against Duke?

That would be the best for the fans and the worst for the people making the money, so it wont happen. College sports would be perfect for it though! Would be so much fun!

I guess it depends on what would be enough revenue. English League 2 teams bring in around 4 million in revenue per team and english one leagues 6 million. It then jumps a bunch from there into Championship and PL.

Basketball is such a popular sport that if you market it correctly you can make it work and financially worth it...

Could be a new Lemon Football Division: Arizona, Kansas and Cuse.

This may sound crazy, strike that, it is crazy, but at this point we need to go all in on basketball, our football is a dead brand
Tonight’s win was more fun than any hoops win in the last 15 years. Fifteen years

Tonight’s win was more fun than any hoops win in the last 15 years. Fifteen years
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Virginia, Duke (Multiple games) Gonzaga, Michigan State, Those are just a few wins more fun than tonight. Tonight was great as well.
You are correct. I had a knucklehead moment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom