How long until Colorado implodes? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How long until Colorado implodes?

He brings alot of bad attention too. The way he's building his program has no long term vision. He's a sugar high HC. Of course i'll eat crow if he wins 10 games this year and is there for 5-6 years of sustained excellence.

My guess is this is his last year and it'll end badly.
Ii agree. I don’t agree with everything he does. I’m just not sure how you know for sure it won’t work. This is a new era of transfer and NIL. Let’s give him a few years before we say that. Just like we do for all coaches.

No i am not. The previous staff is not a standard to judge by. There was a huge roster turnover, so they weren’t coaching the same team. He won more because of the talent upgrade, not necessarily because of his coaching ability ( if you separate that from recruiting ability).
The transfers he got initially weren’t high quality. Just high quantity. Let’s give him a learning curve like we do everyone else.

I don’t know if he’s a good coach but he brings a lot to the game. He has influence. Generated a lot of revenue for UC. We are so used to people doing it a certain way. It makes people uncomfortable when it’s not done the way we are accustomed to seeing. I do think he wins 6-7 games. That’s still better than going 1-11
I think he loses to NDSU

If he's encouraging fist fights and is letting kids with domestic violence issues on campus then the school is going to be hit with massive lawsuits. That's a big if, because I have no idea if the allegations in the article are true, but if they are true then that goes beyond anything 99.9% of schools would want to be associated with. So the article is wrong or Colorado has a messed up moral compass.

I hope the article/piece was wrong because someone innocent might end up dead or really hurt because of some of the guys with questionable histories that he's bringing to campus.
Could be some truth in it and some could be exaggerated. The program can the bed or it can blossom. A lot of the best teams had these culture issues. Miami Florida USC. Even Michigan had a scandal while winning the chip. Coaches will do whatever to win.

I think he loses to NDSU
we just got a bunch of transfers. Transfers will make a big impact right? Would you say the same about SU chances with Ohio? A SU team with a first time HC with minimum coordinator experience?

I don't think he'll walk away from a $6M/yr salary, and Colorado can't afford to fire him. They didn't have the money to hire him in the first place, but they bet on Deion generating enough additional revenue to pay his salary.

He brings alot of bad attention too. The way he's building his program has no long term vision. He's a sugar high HC. Of course i'll eat crow if he wins 10 games this year and is there for 5-6 years of sustained excellence.

End of the day - Prime was a self-important, narcissistic mercenary when he was in the NFL. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. All he’s done in his coaching career is package that same person up in a God box with a Jesus bow. At the core he’s still the same self-important narcissist and his program reflects that.

You look at his recruiting - roughly 20ish high schoolers over 2 classes now, with the highest rated player from 2023 already flaming out (McClain) and the highest graded 2024 rumored to be taking part in the Prime version of Fight Club lol.

There is a reason why there is a ton of negativity around that program and it starts with the guy at the top. How many kids departed after Fran took over? Did we see piles of negativity out of them in the media? Nope. Why? Because Fran did it the respectful way. Fran isn’t all about himself. He talks the talk and walks the walk. Prime is all about himself. He talks the talk but when it comes to walking he hires someone else to do that because he’s too damn important (in his own mind) to do it himself.

Could be some truth in it and some could be exaggerated. The program can the bed or it can blossom. A lot of the best teams had these culture issues. Miami Florida USC. Even Michigan had a scandal while winning the chip. Coaches will do whatever to win.
Those teams and coaches operated decades ago and aren't really relevant to 2024.

Pat Fitzgerald and Art Briles are the more relevant examples of modern programs and coaches going off the rails.

End of the day - Prime was a self-important, narcissistic mercenary when he was in the NFL. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. All he’s done in his coaching career is package that same person up in a God box with a Jesus bow. At the core he’s still the same self-important narcissist and his program reflects that.

You look at his recruiting - roughly 20ish high schoolers over 2 classes now, with the highest rated player from 2023 already flaming out (McClain) and the highest graded 2024 rumored to be taking part in the Prime version of Fight Club lol.

There is a reason why there is a ton of negativity around that program and it starts with the guy at the top. How many kids departed after Fran took over? Did we see piles of negativity out of them in the media? Nope. Why? Because Fran did it the respectful way. Fran isn’t all about himself. He talks the talk and walks the walk. Prime is all about himself. He talks the talk but when it comes to walking he hires someone else to do that because he’s too damn important (in his own mind) to do it himself.
Might not be an implosion, might be a standard flame-out. Hope we can get a couple guys every year who discover they were sold a bill of goods.

More likely there is an acute legal or otherwise unseemly issue that puts an end to the circus, rather than a collapse due to the rotten culture. IMO.

I don’t know if he’s a good coach but he brings a lot to the game. He has influence. Generated a lot of revenue for UC. We are so used to people doing it a certain way. It makes people uncomfortable when it’s not done the way we are accustomed to seeing. I do think he wins 6-7 games. That’s still better than going 1-11
I think a lot of people bristle at a guy who invokes a lot of religious imagery and language, then glorifies money and pride the way he does. It doesn’t bother me any, but I understand why others feel differently.

I said he’s a net good for the game because he generates heat. Sports needs heels. And sure 6 wins is fine but it ain’t what he’s been yapping about. At some point he’s gotta deliver. And it ain’t 2004 anymore. No one gets 5 years to do it. B

I think a lot of people bristle at a guy who invokes a lot of religious imagery and language, then glorifies money and pride the way he does. It doesn’t bother me any, but I understand why others feel differently.

I said he’s a net good for the game because he generates heat. Sports needs heels. And sure 6 wins is fine but it ain’t what he’s been yapping about. At some point he’s gotta deliver. And it ain’t 2004 anymore. No one gets 5 years to do it. B
Is it ok for us to accept coaches drinking and driving like Gundy? Prime has never dranked alcohol or smoked in his life

Might not be an implosion, might be a standard flame-out. Hope we can get a couple guys every year who discover they were sold a bill of goods.

More likely there is an acute legal or otherwise unseemly issue that puts an end to the circus, rather than a collapse due to the rotten culture. IMO.
Not to spoil the new Deadpool movie but there is a line in there when he’s trying to join the Avengers that effectively is that he needs to be in the Avengers to define a life for himself, but the Avengers are in the Avengers because other people need them. It’s not about their needs.

I’ve always viewed guys like Prime and religion as exactly that - they live this life of being narcissistic and when they find that they can’t consume enough, take enough, be a big enough jerk etc to make them happy, then they pivot to religion because they “need” it to define them. It’s not now or ever been about the needs of others with him.

End of the day, he’s still a guy that refers to himself in the third person. That tells me all I need to know lol.

What’s going on here? You seem to be realllly invested in defending Sanders, and I’m really not going after him.
People seem to be invested into throwing salt on him. I’m responding to people that respond to me.

It’s well documented. You cant give Prime the benefit of the doubt? I guess he does no good at all. Bad bad person.
I asked a question. Nothing more. But you react like I insulted the King. Strange. And as far as it being well documented, people are not with people all the time. We often find that we don't know people that are close to us. Let alone far away.

I didn’t like him as a player. He was way too attention-seeking for my tastes. I know - old man viewpoint. I don’t care. I like humility in athletic competition. There is no humility in Coach “Prime.” I’ve paid very little attention to him as a coach other than what I’ve read on this board/ I’m glad he’s not SU’s coach.

Does that mean he “lives rent free in my head?” I don’t think so.

When people say that someone lives "rent free" in your head its just a person who has zero support to backup their argument. Anyone defending Deion is questionable at best.

I have enough experience with professors who absolutely hate athletics to take “a professor left because he didn’t like the new coach” stories with a grain of salt. I was in grad school at UAlbany when Scott Marr took over the lacrosse program - several of my professors HATED him with a blinding passion and would have done anything to help get him fired. Will Brown was about the only guy less popular with staff. It wouldn’t shock me if some professors left around 2007-2010 that would have said overemphasis on athletics contributed.

Lots get behind athletics…but a lot don’t - so your anecdote would need a lot more context for me to give it much weight.
Imag
My comment was based on what he’s done so far. Colorado was the worse team. They are in better shape now that he’s there. So how is he a terrible coach? Is it because he does it in an unorthodox way? The guy has succeeded at everything he’s done because of his cockiness. Why would we expect him to do anything different?
He hasn't succeeded at all in Colorado. Why do you have such a hard-on for him? Its creepy.

Is this the WWE? Why do sports need heels?

Those teams and coaches operated decades ago and aren't really relevant to 2024.

Pat Fitzgerald and Art Briles are the more relevant examples of modern programs and coaches going off the rails.
Pat is going to win a gazillion dollars for his wrongful termination