How many wins do we need to stay off of the bubble? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How many wins do we need to stay off of the bubble?

I see a ton of turnover laden bad shooting games this year. Honestly its been like watching a bunch of aau games with better defense and more than one set play. We have a fighters chance to make a big run. Im not saying we are a team that is going to be the usual cuse top 4 seed but we get on a roll and who knows. Just a really weak year in cbb talent. Which should make sense considering the knicks will likely get a top 3 pick this year. Beyond okafor there is not a lot to pick from for franchise changing talent.

I see a ton of turnover laden bad shooting games this year. Honestly its been like watching a bunch of aau games with better defense and more than one set play. We have a fighters chance to make a big run. Im not saying we are a team that is going to be the usual cuse top 4 seed but we get on a roll and who knows. Just a really weak year in cbb talent. Which should make sense considering the knicks will likely get a top 3 pick this year. Beyond okafor there is not a lot to pick from for franchise changing talent.

I don't think this year is an anomaly, I think it is a trend. Very few very good players hanging around for more than 1 year anymore. NCAA should be concerned.

I'm betting on them coming together. It's closer than you think. Out of those 9 games, only UNC should give us trouble.

But we will see. 9 games, one at a time!

It probably is closer than I think ... I am quite pessimistic. Although there have been some flashes.

The fans on this board, in my opinion, are way too optimistic and way too dismissive of the rest of the ACC. I'd like to be wrong ... but I don't think so.

I'm betting on them coming together. It's closer than you think. Out of those 9 games, only UNC should give us trouble.

But we will see. 9 games, one at a time!

Really?? Did you think that Va Tech and GT would "give us trouble?"

Really?? Did you think that Va Tech and GT would "give us trouble?"

GT and VTech didn't give us trouble. We gave ourselves trouble. If we play 10-15% (just a little) better we win both those games going away. I'm a cup half full person. We played the worst offensive game of the season and won...

I think are gong to get better to the point that the first half against VTech is the norm.

GT and VTech didn't give us trouble. We gave ourselves trouble. If we play 10-15% (just a little) better we win both those games going away. I'm a cup half full person. We played the worst offensive game of the season and won...

I think are gong to get better to the point that the first half against VTech is the norm.

Glass half full? Is that another way of saying "disbelieving or denying what we see with out own eyes".

If we continue to play like we did in these two games, we will be lucky to win another ACC game. Playing 10%-15% better might get us to .500 in the ACC.

Is this some slump SU is in? Is this some temporary lack of focus? I thought in the first half at VT that the "real" SU team had emerged. But then, the second half happened.

Is what we are seeing what this "team" is. With the exception of Xmas and Gbinge, I see little to cause me to believe that magically the ship is going to right itself.

If Trevor Cooney driving to the basket only to usually miss the layup is a key part of your offense, you are in serious trouble.

if we finish with 10-11 wins in the ACC beating the teams we expect and losing to all the better teams that still puts us pretty high up in the ACC. probably 6th or so with wins over all the teams behind us so while we would be on the bubble we would probably be ahead of the bubble on all of them.

Acc gets 6
American might get 3-4
A10 might get 5
b12 6-7
BEast 6-7
b10 7
Mwest 2-3
Pac 12 6
Sec 5
West coast 3-4
about 30 from all other leagues and 1 school leagues.

thats close to 75, 68 get in

St johns is last in the Big east. is it better for them to play back in solid or stay on the bubble?
Same with Cal.

Because of our poor performance in the ooc part of the schedule, unless we win 12 or 13 acc games, we are going to be on the bubble.

Seriously though, just need to look to NC St last year.

They were 21-13 entering NCAA tournament. 9-9 conference record, ACC-tourney wins over Miami and us. Besides that ACC tourney win, their only other notable win of the year was early on over another middling team, Tennessee. Also throw in a few craptastic losses against NC Central, Clemson and Wake Forest.

FWIW

Fair Comparison.

However, NC St. was the biggest surprise in the field last year -- they could have easily been left out. I am looking at the bracket matrix from last year and only 3 of 121 had NC St in the tourney.

Most people had SMU in (96 of 121), and that was who NC St basically replaced. NC St was basically in a pick em group of 5 schools for that final spot.

So if I was SU I would want to be one game better.

All I know is if we roll into that Duke game with both squads being undefeated in league play it will be more hyped than last years game! That would be great.
No way will there be more hype. Looking at the schedule the only ranked team SU plays, will MAYBE UNC and they could fall out before then. SU could possible be ranked between 15-25 only if they start playing better. Otherwise it'll be a top 5 team against just "another" ACC team, not close to last year when both SU and duke were top 25, and it was the first ACC matchup between JB and coach K. Yeah ESPN will make a big deal out of it but they have too.

Fair Comparison.

However, NC St. was the biggest surprise in the field last year -- they could have easily been left out. I am looking at the bracket matrix from last year and only 3 of 121 had NC St in the tourney.

Most people had SMU in (96 of 121), and that was who NC St basically replaced. NC St was basically in a pick em group of 5 schools for that final spot.

So if I was SU I would want to be one game better.
Yeah, I'm def not trying to say "we just need to do what NC st did last year" but the point is, alot of folks claiming 11-7 conf record is needed for us are incorrect.

We are going to pull of what Virginia did last year -- run the next 19 games at 18-1.. win the ACC regular season and conference title and get the final #1 seed.

until we lock up a .500 record in the acc the bubble talk wont matter.. once we get to that then we can worry about getting or off the bubble.

Glass half full? Is that another way of saying "disbelieving or denying what we see with out own eyes".

If we continue to play like we did in these two games, we will be lucky to win another ACC game. Playing 10%-15% better might get us to .500 in the ACC.

Is this some slump SU is in? Is this some temporary lack of focus? I thought in the first half at VT that the "real" SU team had emerged. But then, the second half happened.

Is what we are seeing what this "team" is. With the exception of Xmas and Gbinge, I see little to cause me to believe that magically the ship is going to right itself.

If Trevor Cooney driving to the basket only to usually miss the layup is a key part of your offense, you are in serious trouble.

We can agree to disagree. I'll tell you this...we will be above .500 in league at the end of the season. Have a great day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom