How to Fix SU Football? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

How to Fix SU Football?

If they go 7-5/8-4, they're not firing Babers. The problem with this train of thought is that SU doesn't know what it wants to be.

Let's be clear, they're not going to be an upper echelon program and I think this board has a problem accepting this. The university made that decision by keeping Pasqualoni longer than ideal and then handing the baton to Robinson. SU should look to be like K-State. Never an elite program, but perennial bowl qualifiers.
I accept that they won’t ever be Clemson, FSU and similar. I just want a disciplined team that is well coached. At least give us that and make the occasional top of the ACC run.

Is Syracuse that financially strapped? Seems middle of ACC pack. Imagine what 1-2 solid seasons would do with a new coach and a excited fan base…
They can barely raise money for facilities. If they wanted Babers out, it would have happened already. If Syracuse goes to a bowl this year, he's not going anywhere. That's a solid season.

My Take: BC, Duke, Northwestern, Baylor. Private schools with 10K+ undergrad enrollment and a mid-tier (at best) football history,
Our closest peer schools would have to be smaller private institutions. WE can't compare ourselves to any state supported schools. So, here is my list: Boston College, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Duke, North Western, and maybe Stanford

They can barely raise money for facilities. If they wanted Babers out, it would have happened already. If Syracuse goes to a bowl this year, he's not going anywhere. That's a solid season.
Scrapping by at 6-6/7-5 and get absolutely ran over 3 weeks in row is not a solid season. It is the bare minimum.
If he is back next year, I’m out, unless they show some improvement and play good ball the rest of the season and he can pull in a top 40 recruiting class. I’m talking 8-4 with a better disciplined team and no questionable coaching decisions every single game. My guess is we don’t see this. He is who he is.
I am only 1 season ticket holder with 2 seats, but I’d imagine more will follow.