Howard’s Mom | Syracusefan.com

Howard’s Mom

djorange1989

Living Legend
Damn, look up Howard Washington’s mom’s Twitter account. Rampage about HW only playing a few minutes

@next1howard is her account..

Last edited:
Damn, look up Howard Washington’s mom’s Twitter account. Rampage about RW only playing a few minutes

giphy.gif

In all reality if wants to play basketball he should've left. It's not happening and many here have seen this way ahead of time. I was shocked when he didn't transfer and it sounds like there were promises made about either him getting time or someone who's playing ahead of him.

That said she isnt wrong, we had 20 turnovers, why not play the only natural point guard on the roster?

Not sure putting it out there like this is the smartest thing.
Screenshot_20191027-044930_Twitter.jpg

Howard seems like the ultimate team guy. He’s always up cheering for the team from what I can recall. Not saying he doesn’t want to play, but I highly doubt these words are coming from him. I’m sure there will be a conversation between him and his mom. I have a hard time believing that he is pouting, does not seem to fit his work ethic and demeanor. I think this is nothing more than a disgruntled parent who feels that her child is entitled to something that he is not. Bad look for mom for sure.

Damn, look up Howard Washington’s mom’s Twitter account. Rampage about RW only playing a few minutes

He probably will get more run next exhibition

Jalen was a disaster

Is he getting a free education?

Have they honored his scholarship and stuck with him?

Have they helped provide medical care and coverage?

Then pipe down Mom
Pretty sure scholarships are now 4 years, not one. If they didn't honor his scholarship, the should be booted from the NCAA.
He's covered by insurance as an athlete.
He pays for his education with 20+ hours/ week of work for the school's cash cow.

SU has done nothing extraordinary in this case. The kid, however, has.

I know Howard, and I like him. He is a quiet, thoughtful kid ... and a VERY HARD worker. When the team was in Italy ... he was always the first guy on the court for warm-ups/practice, and the last guy to leave it.

His mother is totally out of place here... potentially poisoning his relationships with his coaches and his teammates. I wish I knew her and could tell her to keep her thoughts private.

Last edited:
Every school has the same amount of scholarships and you can’t play 12 guys.

It’s very admirable and impressive went through but that doesn’t mean he automatically gets playing time. JB will play the best players that give us a chance to win. It sounds like she just doesn’t get it

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Matt Moyer's mom. Same situation. I think Matt was happy at Syracuse but actions from Annette Moyer made it difficult for him. Hopefully Howard will tell his mom to can it and let things be. Not sure Matt was capable of that.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought I was going to read about a mother who was thankful that her son was able to overcome what could have been a life altering/threatening stroke. I would be grateful for the life saving response of the staff member who quickly got him the medical attention he needed. The fact that he's able to play D-1 basketball after a stroke and torn ACL is pretty miraculous.

The real shame here is that in an exhibition game where Howard got some run and the young guards made some errors , his mom is focused on this game like it guarantees Howard isn't getting a chance.

If Howard is more aggressive and runs the offense while being active on defense he has a shot to play vs the others. Being on the floor and not doing anything (including not turning it over) is not going to move him up on the depth chart. It sucks he has had a really rough go about it.

Howard seems to making the best of it vs mom who is on the warpath. This season's story has yet to play out. Keep working Howard- you still might get your shot. Even then, that hard work and understanding could land you an opportunity as a future coach somewhere even on a Syracuse bench. He is a smart kid who really understands the game. Mom needs a lesson here too.

Howard has every chance to earn decent playing time this year from what we saw last night from our PG’s. The door is wide open. It’s 100% on him to make a case for more playing time.

Got it. You are entitled to your opinion, however negative or ignorant, and she is not.

As a parent you don’t go on social media and start making a big stink about your kid’s playing time, passive aggressively criticizing the play of some of his teammates, and calling out the program/coach.

Are you serious?

She’s going to alienate him with his coaches and teammates if she does this. Does she honestly think she’s helping him by doing this? This is why it’s important to take a step back and pause before posting things on social media because once it’s out there it’s out there for all to see. Common sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom