Howard’s Mom | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Howard’s Mom

This needs to be resolved before the season starts. Don’t need this kind of tension hanging over the team - seems like we’ve had these issues more often than not over the past few seasons (Roberson, Thorpe, Frank, etc.). Only this is way more public than any of those situations. It can definitely have a negative affect on the product on the court if it lingers.

This needs to be resolved before the season starts. Don’t need this kind of tension hanging over the team - seems like we’ve had these issues more often than not over the past few seasons (Roberson, Thorpe, Frank, etc.). Only this is way more public than any of those situations. It can definitely have a negative affect on the product on the court if it lingers.

social media/lawnmower parent era combo. The WORST.

Actually felt bad for Thorpe’s dad. He seemed to think his kid was being a jackass and blowing it.

A roster full of kids who are happy not playing will lead to a lot of losses.

Not a roster. A couple of kids and they’re free to leave. There’s 300 division 1 playing basketball schools. His Mom should find one where he can play.

Not a roster. A couple of kids and they’re free to leave. There’s 300 division 1 playing basketball schools. His Mom should find one where he can play.
Yup. 12 man roster so not everyone is going to play. That's why there are over 700 transfers each year.

Hey Mrs. Howard Washington’s mom, with all due respect..
BEC99C7A-AD61-4417-93F8-F5950BEBFBBF.gif

but that was a terrible opening sentence. you know what they say about 1st impressions. and the rest of the post didn't come close to redeeming it

Yeah sorry if you’re talking about me I won’t be backing off what I said in that first sentence.

It would be one thing if she expressed frustration with Howard’s minutes and left it at that. Like “2 assists and 0 turnovers(or whatever it was) in only 7 minutes, wish he would’ve gotten more run”...that’s one thing.

To knock other players and throw out the “promises/politics” stuff and tag the coach and reply to the Syr. B-ball account...way out of line.

Hopefully somebody checks her and this is a one time thing, and Howard’s teammates don’t know/care about it, and Howard brings a positive attitude to the team.

well I mean you kind of have to stand behind your mom at this point - but she put him in that position
I don't know. At some point you have to act like a young adult and stand up to your mom. Imagine where Taurean Thompson would be today if he let his mom run his life...

As a parent you don’t go on social media and start making a big stink about your kid’s playing time, passive aggressively criticizing the play of some of his teammates, and calling out the program/coach.

Are you serious?

Thats where your age is showing, because apparently this is how you handle managing your kids participation in athletics these days. Gone are the days when the player might go have a heart to heart behind closed doors, now parents preempt the need for it by filleting the coach on social media. Yay for progress.

Howard should never have been at SU to begin with. That was a late play to make the class have more players and he can do all the right things but that doesn’t mean he should be on the court. I commend him for working through all his issues that were very unfortunate. I just don’t know if he ever was an ACC type player

Well in Taurean Thompson's defense.. nevermind, I should have never used "Taurean Thompson" and "defense" in the same sentence.
Don’t worry he definatly won’t lol. He was sooooo badddddd. Lol

Howard should never have been at SU to begin with. That was a late play to make the class have more players and he can do all the right things but that doesn’t mean he should be on the court. I commend him for working through all his issues that were very unfortunate. I just don’t know if he ever was an ACC type player

Yes I think you do know.

10th men complaining about playing time should not impact team chemistry. This is sports today, everyone on the team should be used to it and handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom