Howard Washington Injury... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington Injury...

Thanks Geno!
quote-i-coulda-had-class-i-coulda-been-a-contender-but-instead-i-got-a-one-way-ticket-to-palookaville-budd-schulberg-79-23-55.jpg

This is why I shook my head at everyone saying Thorpe leaving wasn't too big because he wasn't great.

Depth matters. I don't care if you play 40 minutes with the same 5 but injuries happen in this game. We, of all fanbases, should know that.

Agreed. There’s a huge difference between “JB only uses a seven man rotation anyway” and “JB only has seven players.”

Rick
AO
Donte
Flynn
Harris
Kong
The Cat Rescuer

Scoop (Foot)
Andy (ACL)
Devo (ACL)

Justin Thomas (Sep Shoulder)
Who the heck is the cat rescuer? Didn't AO sit out a year at some point? Wasn't he a 5th year senior in 2010?

Battle and Howard have to be smart with their fouls now. No push offs, charges, fouls 80 feet from the basket, and please no giveaway from behind on a fast break. Just give up the 2 points.

OB and Marek need to be smart until Moyer is back as well

"ya only need five. everybody's healthy. you can get by. " that was JB post pitt.
JB should have known he would lose four of his 10 eligible scholarship players through defection or injury. Happens all the time, you know? But maybe that's why he's already played four of his five current starters for 40 minutes on at least one occasion.

JB should have known he would lose four of his 10 eligible scholarship players through defection or injury. Happens all the time, you know? But maybe that's why he's already played four of his five current starters for 40 minutes on at least one occasion.

He said that after the Pitt game. Injuries happen. With a small roster he should’ve developed his bench this year. But it is what it is now.

He said that after the Pitt game. Injuries happen. With a small roster he should’ve developed his bench this year. But it is what it now.
It wouldn't have mattered now anyway. At any rate, the "right" guys are the ones left standing.

Actually we've lost 5 guys if you count Lydon. We had 11 scholarships to use. Imagine this:

Center- Chukwu Sidbie, Thompson or Lydon
Forward: Lydon, Thompson, Brissett, Moyer, Dolezaj
Guard: Howard, Battle, Thorpe, Washington

Again, it's not obtaining players that is our problem: it's keeping them.

Last edited:
Actually we've lost 5 guys if you count Lydon. We had 11 scholarships to use. Imagine this:

Center- Chukwu Sidbie, Thompson or Lydon
Forward: Lydon, Thompson, Brissett, Moyer, Dolezaj
Guard: Howard, Battle, Thorpe, Thompson

Again, it's not obtaining players that is our problem: it's keeping them.

How the heck can you count Lydon? Why not count Malachi too while you’re at it? And some of the players we have might not be here if others were here. Thompson could be used as a guard? Someone spike your coffee?

How the heck can you count Lydon? Why not count Malachi too while you’re at it? And some of the players we have might not be here if others were here. Thompson could be used as a guard? Someone spike your coffee?
There were some true insiders that know much more than some on this board who thought that it was 50 50 on Lydon leaving as of mid March. He was taking an accelerated class schedule and on track to get his degree in three years. Family at one point was leaning toward coming back.

There were some true insiders that know much more than some on this board who thought that it was 50 50 on Lydon leaving as of mid March. He was taking an accelerated class schedule and on track to get his degree in three years. Family at one point was leaning toward coming back.

Was close with Hop. Wouldn’t be surprised if him leaving played a part.

None of that is relevant. Counting Lydon as a loss from this year's team is ridiculous. He was not on the team in the summer, much less the fall.

None of that is relevant. Counting Lydon as a loss from this year's team is ridiculous. He was not on the team in the summer, much less the fall.
No, but by the time the decision was finalized there was little to no opportunity to fill his roster spot other than another grad transfer. Had we known definitively that Thompson would be a no show that is undoubtedly a route we would have taken.
Understand your perspective but Lydon leaving cetaceans an impact on this year's roster and while not completely unexpected, it impacted our roster management.

No, but by the time the decision was finalized there was little to no opportunity to fill his roster spot other than another grad transfer. Had we known definitively that Thompson would be a no show that is undoubtedly a route we would have taken.
Understand your perspective but Lydon leaving cetaceans an impact on this year's roster and while not completely unexpected, it impacted our roster management.

A number of factors affect roster management, of course. Recruiting misses, for example. I wasn't expecting Thompson to be here. He was MIA and working out on his own. That said, if you want to include him as a loss on this team, that is perfectly fine because he officially bailed very late in the summer. But including Lydon as a loss from this year's roster is ridiculous. He declared and then was drafted.

I'm done with this "topic."

Last edited:
I'm hearing third hand that it could be bad enough to keep him out next year. Take it for what it's worth, but be ready for very bad news. Feel for the kid.

Who the heck is the cat rescuer? Didn't AO sit out a year at some point? Wasn't he a 5th year senior in 2010?

Sean Williams = the cat rescuer as it was joked that his height would be useful in that manner.

AO missed 06-07 which would’ve been his soph. year. That ended up being a blessing in disguise as it gave him 3 years as a starter and kept him around for our great 2010 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom