Howard Washington Injury... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington Injury...

the Intramural league layoffs havent kicked in yet so one of those teams could loan us a guy

Hope it's not too serious. This isn't something we can treat by just spraying some Windex on it?

"HW left the trainers room today on crutches with a brace on his right leg. Big blow to a team that couldn't afford one."

I first read that as the team couldn't pony-up the dough for the brace...

What is more likely to happen tomorrow if our forwards need a sub?
Sidibe at the 4
Or Battle to the 3 with a walk on at the 2?

I would say Battle at the 3 meaning we should see at least 10 minutes out of walk ons...

Gotta just grind through this season and get back to being a normal program starting next year.

Who's to say the roster numbers will be favorable next year?

At least it's not Howard or Battle.

upload_2018-1-30_19-4-39.jpeg

First off, sucks for Washington.

Second off, and I'm not holding my breath on this, but it would be nice if we use our full scholarship allotment once that's restored to hedge against injuries.

What exactly is the schedule for getting off of probation? I think we can have 11 players now. Does it go to 12 then 13 or do we just jump back to 13? And when do we do that?

What exactly is the schedule for getting off of probation? I think we can have 11 players now. Does it go to 12 then 13 or do we just jump back to 13? And when do we do that?

12 scholarships for 2018-19.
13 scholarships for 2019-20.

"ya only need five. everybody's healthy. you can get by. " that was JB post pitt.

I think the last time we got down to 6 recruited players, (as opposed to walk-ons given scholarships) was 2007-08. That's when Scoop Jardine didn't tell the staff about his hairline fracture because so many guys were already out.

Nothing will be announced until JB’s postgame presser but it’s not good.

Damone, you got those Earth, Wind & Fire tickets? Cause you know, I promised my little brother.
Is that your little brother? Good lookin kid.

Are you basically saying he's out for the year?

This is why I shook my head at everyone saying Thorpe leaving wasn't too big because he wasn't great.

Depth matters. I don't care if you play 40 minutes with the same 5 but injuries happen in this game. We, of all fanbases, should know that.

I think the last time we got down to 6 recruited players, (as opposed to walk-ons given scholarships) was 2007-08. That's when Scoop Jardine didn't tell the staff about his hairline fracture because so many guys were already out.

I think we had 7 but you might be right. Might’ve been 6 for a while.

Ha, someone texted me that today. I told him that if the rim was nine feet above the ground, Tuten would have been an All American.

The Dunk Club in the Carrier Dome: Legends, with a big capital 'D'

"The members have an all-time SU dunk team: Wallace, Coleman, Stevie Thompson, McRae and Seikaly. Douglas is their all-time dunk distributor. Moten, characteristically, dunks too quietly to qualify despite 61 career jams. And 300-pound Melvin Tuten, beloved for his girth, becomes their sixth man.

The club reserves a special niche for Tuten's game-ending dunk against Le Moyne. Somehow Tuten sums up everything the members feel about the dunk, the reason they put each "D" on the wall.

"He's like the Fridge," Yager said. "He understands the moment."

Is that your little brother? Good lookin kid.

Are you basically saying he's out for the year?

I’ll leave it to JB to say but read between the lines.

I think we had 7 but you might be right. Might’ve been 6 for a while.

Rick
AO
Donte
Flynn
Harris
Kong
The Cat Rescuer

Scoop (Foot)
Andy (ACL)
Devo (ACL)

Justin Thomas (Sep Shoulder)

This is why I shook my head at everyone saying Thorpe leaving wasn't too big because he wasn't great.

Depth matters. I don't care if you play 40 minutes with the same 5 but injuries happen in this game. We, of all fanbases, should know that.

And that’s another reason why I kept saying Howard Washington should’ve been in the rotation. Got to develop a bench, especially with a small roster. Stuff happens.

This is an awful situation. I really feel sick to my stomach for HW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom