Howard Washington Update... out for season | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington Update... out for season

No surprise there, but ugh -- confirms what was described in Francis's latest podcast, about how gruesome the injury was.

Hope the little guy gets well soon.

Wow we’re Majorly screwed . No one to give legit back up pg minutes.

Jimmy needs to start operating something for the backcourt whether that's a walk on getting some minutes or brisset moving to the guard or someone else moving there, cause if other injuries, knock on wood, or foul trouble lets get someone some exp playing on top the zone.

Anyone know if Geno Thorpe officially left Syracuse? Any chance he could join the program again and play if he is still an SU student?

Yup. Feel for HW. Seems like a great kid with some skills.

Honestly, seeing if HW was going to get meaningful minutes and progress was really all I had left in terms of interest with this team. I'm not going out of my way anymore, that's for sure.

Anyone know if Geno Thorpe officially left Syracuse? Any chance he could join the program again and play if he is still an SU student?

Have no idea if he's still there, but fairly certain that his scholarship was given to one of the walk-ons.

Honestly, seeing if HW was going to get meaningful minutes and progress was really all I had left in terms of interest with this team. I'm not going out of my way anymore, that's for sure.

Same here. He was still somewhat of a mystery and could’ve helped at least from a minutes distribution standpoint. But, my god, the fundamentals, offensive structure, etc., are becoming hard to watch and fathom.

Ugh...too bad. Just got home and I get double whammy of a loss and HW news. He played well last game imo, and I believe he was going to continue to get minutes (and make us better). But nothing we can fret over now. Just hope he has a healthy recovery and comes back even better and stronger. Good luck HW!

Well...

SadPoopEmoji.jpg

With this injury looking more and more like an ACL/MCL tear, does this increase the potential of a redshirt year for Howard Washington next year?

There has been some discussion about him redshirting anyway with Howard/Hughes/Carey and maybe Battle (low probability) back next year. Now with a 6-9 month rehab/recovery period for knee surgery, isn't it almost certain he will miss next season?

With this injury looking more and more like an ACL/MCL tear, does this increase the potential of a redshirt year for Howard Washington next year?

There has been some discussion about him redshirting anyway with Howard/Hughes/Carey and maybe Battle (low probability) back next year. Now with a 6-9 month rehab/recovery period for knee surgery, isn't it almost certain he will miss next season?
that makes a lot of sense. Especially if Carey is looking one and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom