Howard's actively making me feel better | Syracusefan.com

Howard's actively making me feel better

He has to get better at free throws. He is our primary ball handler and will be fouled a lot. He has improved his jumpshot but still terrible free throw shooter

Gillon, a marksman from the line, will be in the game at winning time.

Well im primarily talking about next year without Gillon since we didnt get Quade

Well im primarily talking about next year without Gillon since we didnt get Quade
I still think, so far, Tyus stays.

I don't think Lydon is a sure thing to leave either. We have so many weapons that he won't stand out like we expected him to. Still think he has a great year, but we will see.

If they both come back, we could be LOADED next year, and far from an NIT team some are worried about.

If they both come back, we could be LOADED next year, and far from an NIT team some are worried about.
Agreed, and some people will take my post the wrong way. I just think we have such a balanced attack, and Lydon doesn't have the alpha male mentality. He could score 20 a game if he wanted, but he lets the game come to him. If he shot as much as White does, he would be putting up much bigger numbers. He will be solid all year long, scoring, rebounding, and playing within the team.

Agreed, and some people will take my post the wrong way. I just think we have such a balanced attack, and Lydon doesn't have the alpha male mentality. He could score 20 a game if he wanted, but he lets the game come to him. If he shot as much as White does, he would be putting up much bigger numbers. He will be solid all year long, scoring, rebounding, and playing within the team.

Agreed. And on a team like this, with literally 8 guys in the rotation that can put the ball in the basket, it is entirely possible that everyone's scoring is going to be down. White could easily average 17-20 ppg. Ditto Lydon. Others could also post bigger numbers with more shots / PT. But on such a balanced team, we're going to be playing lots of guys and spreading things around more than on a top heavy team. Just like 2012 in that respect.

Agreed. And on a team like this, with literally 8 guys in the rotation that can put the ball in the basket, it is entirely possible that everyone's scoring is going to be down. White could easily average 17-20 ppg. Ditto Lydon. Others could also post bigger numbers with more shots / PT. But on such a balanced team, we're going to be playing lots of guys and spreading things around more than on a top heavy team. Just like 2012 in that respect.
What Lydon will do is score 15 very efficiently. I expect him to be our most efficient player all year because he is a matchup problem wherever he is on the floor.

I'd wait until the 2nd half of the elite 8 game before penciling in Battle for next year.

We have so many scoring options I don't think/i hope there won't be a situation where a freshman has to carry our scoring again.

Frank with an outside shot means trouble for any team in the country.

That's an amazing addition, and ensures that with both him and Gillon, we no longer have lost the 3 at the point guard position like many had assumed we would. As others have said, SO many options. The opponents' defense will have a tough task covering everyone, and someone is likely to be open due to the spacing. I think this year's team is going to be FUN to watch on offense again!

Paul put up 15+6 his 2 years at Wake, I think junior Frank puts up similar number

C'mon man. Paul played with nobody good except for a decent 2G his freshman year. He still led them to a couple of tourney wins when everybody was trying to shut him down. Not to mention he was an excellent 3 point shooter and FT shooter.

Let's consider the very real possibility...junior Frank Howard way better than freshman QG. And I like my guards 6'5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom