Howard's actively making me feel better | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard's actively making me feel better

C'mon man. Paul played with nobody good except for a decent 2G his freshman year. He still led them to a couple of tourney wins when everybody was trying to shut him down. Not to mention he was an excellent 3 point shooter and FT shooter.

Guess I'm just that high on Frank, remember the kid is only 19, you can even argue he's almost as good as 21 yo MCW at the pg position right now, at the college level he totally has the potential to be that good

I didn't want to start a separate thread about this, but Battle had a bag of ice on his right hand at the end of the game. Anyone see what happened? (Perhaps it's in the game thread, but I'm too lazy to look.) Help a lazy sister!

Guess I'm just that high on Frank, remember the kid is only 19, you can even argue he's almost as good as 21 yo MCW at the pg position right now, at the college level he totally has the potential to be that good

He's looking awesome and I love his potential here and on the next level. We need to see it vs the big boys though.

Credit to Dasher calling the Howard breakout.

Heck, I'll toot my own horn for calling that. Kid's a natural; I still think last year Boeheim should've said defense be damned, let's start Howard and Richardson up top with Gbinije at the 3 and Coon-man on the bench.

The only thing cooler than upgrading the roster with a bunch of scorers for Howard to pass to has been upgrading the roster with a second point guard for him to occasionally play alongside. He and Gillon will be difficult to defend if both continue to shoot respectably from three.

I'd argue Howard's better. He makes the same passes, but he also a) knows what to do in transition (and that doesn't involve running your defender into your teammate's lane), b) shoots the ball well from outside, and c) finishes around the hoop in a variety of ways.

We'll see if he can continue to do the second two consistently, but right now he looks like a complete point guard.

Watching Frank Howard play basketball is like eating mango.
Edit: Frank needs a good nickname, I think it should be Mango.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom