Hughes | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Hughes

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Gbinije was a big-time difference maker. He averaged 17.5 ppg and had 160 assists, all while playing outstanding defense and playing a position he had never played.

Only guys since 1992-93 to average at least 17 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal per game are: Gbinije ('15-16), Hughes (currently), Moten ('94-95), Burgan ('97-98), Autry ('93-94).

Unrelated, and I know there were other reasons people disliked him, but Todd Burgan is one of the more underrated players in SU history. At least in my opinion.

Did you know Hughes is one of only 3 ACC players ever to be averaging at least (so far) 19ppg, 5rpg, 4 apg and 1 spg?? And if we bump it up to 19.5ppg, he's one of only two. Him and Bobby Sura ('93-'94).

imagine if he really put some effort into rebounding he would be a 7-8 RPG guy

Did you know Hughes is one of only 3 ACC players ever to be averaging at least (so far) 19ppg, 5rpg, 4 apg and 1 spg?? And if we bump it up to 19.5ppg, he's one of only two. Him and Bobby Sura ('93-'94).

I never said Hughes was bad -- I said I thought they were pretty even. Hughes definitely more offensive upside and capability to take over the game. Gbinije was a stud defensively at the top of the zone.

You said in your post you didn't think Gbinije was a difference maker. Which is as inaccurate a statement as has been made on this board. And there are a lot of them.

Yeah, I loved Gbinje, but I’m on team Hughes > Gbinje.

Earlier in the season, when Hughes began shooting the ball so impressively, I figured that his productivity would tail off once we got to the ACC portion of the schedule.

It hasn't tailed off -- he's having an unbelievable year, the type of year that could shift him into late first round consideration.

I'd take Elijah also. Loved G but mainly because of the deep ball, Elijah is much more likely to be able to put the team on his back and win you a game. G was a steady heady player that was versatile but not necessarily a difference maker.

Hmmm. Take Q or take Eli? Well I'd say...
1579890180799.png

Attachments

• 1579890139708.png
    1579890139708.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 68
I never said Hughes was bad -- I said I thought they were pretty even. Hughes definitely more offensive upside and capability to take over the game. Gbinije was a stud defensively at the top of the zone.

You said in your post you didn't think Gbinije was a difference maker. Which is as inaccurate a statement as has been made on this board. And there are a lot of them.

Well alone maybe the word difference makes isn’t appropriate. But the context was being able to put a team on their back and win a game. That is Hughes. Did you also know if I include 3pt% along with the ppg, rpg, apg and spg that it knocks out Sura and makes Hughes the only ACC player to get those averages in a season?

Well alone maybe the word difference makes isn’t appropriate. But the context was being able to put a team on their back and win a game. That is Hughes. Did you also know if I include 3pt% along with the ppg, rpg, apg and spg that it knocks out Sura and makes Hughes the only ACC player to get those averages in a season?

Did you know that I know Elijah is having a very good year? Yes. Thank you for reiterating, and I'm thrilled he is having a great year.

No need to keep the "Did You Knows" going -- it's very petty. Not surprised in the least, though.

Did you know that I know Elijah is having a very good year? Yes. Thank you for reiterating, and I'm thrilled he is having a great year.

No need to keep the "Did You Knows" going -- it's very petty. Not surprised in the least, though.

I’m sorry I got you all upset by thinking Hughes > G. And my stats aren’t petty. You brought them up and I provided further stat metrics. You can also stop with the snark. Seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom