Hunter Dickinson | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

I actually like Cisse a bit more given what we will try to do. HD is a little more suited for what we have been

HD is a very different player than Jessie IMO. Just the stretching of the floor aspect by itself. I like Cisse defensively….. obviously but if we do get Cisse we need to find at least 1 more person to score points I think.

At this point I’ll be happy with any player that can play Center. Worried about if or what we end up getting in the portal. We’re in almost zero conversations of schools players are hearing from.

I would be very shocked if Hunter doesn’t end up at KU. Feels like we got a TTO connection courtesy Zoom call but that’s about it.
It feels that way? Maybe they are working through timing? Just because nothing has been announced, doesn't mean efforts to coordinate are not happening. It just means nothing has been announced.
Edit: With Nil I wonder if trip plans take longer to set up because before the trip, players are probably wanting to see proposals on dollars. If the framing looks right, then travel is set up.

I actually like Cisse a bit more given what we will try to do. HD is a little more suited for what we have been
Take either one or both if possible. One for PF/C, the other for C/PF. But get at least one qualified big including the one for NTSU.

I just don’t see what the goal is right now given how badly we look lately in the media. If we can’t compete with WV for players what the hell are we doing?
Grant it it’s for Jesses services but something has to happen here and it has to be significant.

I just don’t see what the goal is right now given how badly we look lately in the media. If we can’t compete with WV for players what the hell are we doing?
Grant it it’s for Jesses services but something has to happen here and it has to be significant.
I’m not sure what’s going on either, but the best case scenario is that we merely chose not to overpay Jesse. Hopefully we get an improvement at center.

I’m not sure what’s going on either, but the best case scenario is that we merely chose not to overpay Jesse. Hopefully we get an improvement at center.

We need a productive center and I really believe a forward it seems like we aren’t doing anything but idk im just hopeful the staff is doing something behind the scenes

IMG_3606.gif

Bringing in these skinny weak projects like Jesse for the last 8 to 10 years is one of the reasons that we've sucked for most of these last 8 to 10 years. Now we can turn the page and bring in players who aren't soft and weak. The type of players that we used to get, players who can bang in the paint.
Thank you for ripping the bandaid off Jesse. Now we can move on.
No more skinny projects!

Red needs to get a replacement center that’s better then Jesse for him to salvage the opinions of cuse bball and NIL….. if we go empty it’s a horrible look

Red needs to get a replacement center that’s better then Jesse for him to salvage the opinions of cuse bball and NIL….. if we go empty it’s a horrible look

He needs to find a lineup that plays well together and can score. He doesn’t need to find someone “better” than Jesse, he just needs to find someone who’s a great fit for what how he wants the team to play. I don’t care if our new center scores half the points if he’s a defensive monster and the other 4 guys score all the points.

He needs to find a lineup that plays well together and can score. He doesn’t need to find someone “better” than Jesse, he just needs to find someone who’s a great fit for what how he wants the team to play. I don’t care if our new center scores half the points if he’s a defensive monster and the other 4 guys score all the points.
Ehhh accepting a downgrade at our C position on a team that went 17-15 is a recipe for mediocrity in my opinion. I get what you’re saying, but I think as a fanbase we keep softening expectations.

It’s important to have an inside game. If you have a post player you’re less likely to have long scoring droughts. You can’t just rely on jump shots. A scoring post will also get you easier looks on the perimeter. Think about our better teams. They usually had good balance of inside and outside play.

Ehhh accepting a downgrade at our C position on a team that went 17-15 is a recipe for mediocrity in my opinion. I get what you’re saying, but I think as a fanbase we keep softening expectations.
That's my thought too. There's no excuse for downgrading any positions coming off the worst two-year span in 50 years. And if we downgrade our center and don't pick up any forwards, our front court could have a lot of trouble competing in the ACC.

As it currently exits, this is one of the worst rosters SU has ever had. Something major has to happen to make this roster competitive for next year. This is like “last place in the ACC bad!”

The goal is to put together the best team. I get the feeling WVU was really bidding against themselves for Jesse. Two of the teams on his final 3 didn't appear interested and SU didn't want to spend that much on him and it wasn't because we couldn't.
As for how we look in the media...it really has little bearing on the goal. It's mostly either people with an agenda or with a lack of full information.

That said, I wouldn't mind if JW put out a statement to the effect that SU has significant NIL support for its athletics and individual decisions about athletes are taken with an eye towards value and putting together the best teams.

We were 17-15 with him in. Maybe he’s not as great for the team moving forward as his stats suggest.

I’m not saying I think this. Just pointing out a team can get better even losing a valuable player. But it won’t happen unless we get at least 2-3 more solid players in the portal. Unless that happens it’s a moot issue.

I like the North texas kid

I’m on the opposite side with him. He’d be a huge downgrade IMO and would be marginally better than our previous bench centers. We’d really have to step up with some additional portal players at other positions to not get worse.

It’s important to have an inside game. If you have a post player you’re less likely to have long scoring droughts. You can’t just rely on jump shots. A scoring post will also get you easier looks on the perimeter. Think about our better teams. They usually had good balance of inside and outside play.

Except with Jessie we had really long scoring droughts. His FG% benefitted a lot from all his dunks but how many easy put backs and shots from posting up did he miss….? So Jessie contributed to the issues you mentioned.

Either way, it doesn’t matter what center we get if we also don’t pick up some good players in the portal at other positions.

The goal is to put together the best team. I get the feeling WVU was really bidding against themselves for Jesse. Two of the teams on his final 3 didn't appear interested and SU didn't want to spend that much on him and it wasn't because we couldn't.
As for how we look in the media...it really has little bearing on the goal. It's mostly either people with an agenda or with a lack of full information.

That said, I wouldn't mind if JW put out a statement to the effect that SU has significant NIL support for its athletics and individual decisions about athletes are taken with an eye towards value and putting together the best teams.
I tend to agree with this, I would put out a statement. F-that kid, just tell him this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom