Hunter Dickinson | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

I wouldn't be surprised if they are dumping money through collectives
That would be my guess or just direct to the best players. You go to a UA school, you get UA NIL money. You go to a Nike School, you get Nike NIL money. Then they don't have to mess around with little things like federal wire fraud. Probably the top schools get a good chunk to the collective for general NIL use and a little less down the line to lesser schools. They're not just getting free shoes and warm-ups.

That would be my guess or just direct to the best players. You go to a UA school, you get UA NIL money. You go to a Nike School, you get Nike NIL money. Then they don't have to mess around with little things like federal wire fraud. Probably the top schools get a good chunk to the collective for general NIL use and a little less down the line to lesser schools. They're not just getting free shoes and warm-ups.

We’re a Kangaroos school so I’m expecting to see some $ flowing real soon.

Once everyone can get that nickel out of the side pocket.

What’s the confusion?

Dickinson is a below average defender and not a guy who is built for playing fast. He costs a lot more too. Cisse is an elite defender. End of the day without a waiver Cisse isn't really an option. If 4 mil over 2 years is the number for Dickinson- you need to go a different direction anyway.

The biggest factor for Dickinson is on offense and the boards. The more this plays out the less I think either is that attractive... again based on what we know. If we end up in the game for either there must be a good reason that could dispel the main concerns.

I kinda poo - poo’d it at first too. But the more I consider the dynamics at play, the more I think we have a shot here.

We’re late to the dance, but we brought 1995 Jennifer Aniston as our date.
[Don't say it, don't say it] Wait is that pre or post-nose job?

There’s a lot of reasons why Cisse could be the better fit.
But his point is accurate, Cisse isn’t a threat outside of 5 feet, if the defense doesn’t need to step out on him it’ll just allow them to clog the lane for Judah, JJ, Chance. HD would require they’re big to step out because he’s a threat, which would clear the lane and that is an absolute game changer, it would make our offense so hard to defend.

But his point is accurate, Cisse isn’t a threat outside of 5 feet, if the defense doesn’t need to step out on him it’ll just allow them to clog the lane for Judah, JJ, Chance.

And on defense you end up with a 180 in terms of the comparison. A lot of it comes down to which side of the ball we feel is more important for the 5 this year.

Dickinson is a below average defender and not a guy who is built for playing fast. He costs a lot more too. Cisse is an elite defender. End of the day without a waiver Cisse isn't really an option. If 4 mil over 2 years is the number for Dickinson- you need to go a different direction anyway.

The biggest factor for Dickinson is on offense and the boards. The more this plays out the less I think either is that attractive... again based on what we know. If we end up in the game for either there must be a good reason that could dispel the main concerns.

Cisse is the much better defender but Dickinson is a far better overall college player. almost every college basketball analyst who ranks portal player has Dickinson #1 and Cisse far down the list. We can’t afford Dickinson and he is probably targeting Kansas or kentucky but we would be elite if you added him to Judah, JJ and Chance.

Add Cisse and we are good (not sure he is any better than Jesse) but not elite.

Cuse

Dickinson is a far better overall college player. almost every college basketball analyst who ranks portal player has Dickinson #1 and Cisse far down the list. We can’t afford Dickinson and he is probably targeting Kansas or kentucky, but we would be elite if you added him to Judah, JJ, and Chance.

Add Cisse, and we are good (not sure he is any better than Jesse) but not elite.

Cuse

Cisse is the much better defender but Dickinson is a far better overall college player. almost every college basketball analyst who ranks portal player has Dickinson #1 and Cisse far down the list. We can’t afford Dickinson and he is probably targeting Kansas or kentucky but we would be elite if you added him to Judah, JJ and Chance.

Add Cisse and we are good (not sure he is any better than Jesse) but not elite.

Cuse
To your point. Not any better than Jesse. I'll bet if Jesse came back with Judah, JJ , and Chance , you'd say we're elite.

To your point. Not any better than Jesse. I'll bet if Jesse came back with Judah, JJ , and Chance , you'd say we're elite.

No I wouldn’t say elite but we would probably be a tournament team. I think JJ and Chance have a lot of potential but not as sold on them as others. Both have a lot to prove before just assuming we have upgraded the 2G spot.

If you had Judah and Hunter that would be potentially two All Americans and probably the best guard / center combo in the country

Not linear doesn't make sense to you?
Why say "non linear" and "seismic" when you mean "logarithmic?"

Eschew obfuscation.

In this era of college basketball free agency, if player A is twice as good as player B, player A is probably worth 4 (or more) times as much, because the number of teams wanting player A is much greater. Plus, when you only can have five players on the floor, the Delta in likely wins between the two is greater.

Without a salary cap, the upper limit on spending is whatever the buyer will pay. Some wealthy people are willing to spend a lot of money to help their team, with or without personal gain.

Using baseball as a metaphor, Ohtani is worth $50 million plus, because he's a top10 hitter and a top10 pitcher and only takes one roster spot, even though Judge will probably hit better overall. Some argue $50 million might be too low. But with a salary cap, Ohtani can't make what he's truly worth, since they need to put 25 other guys out there.

There is no salary cap restricting Dickinson's earnings. $2 million might seem like a lot, but AW spent way more than that on a car, which won't make him famous like buying Syracuse a championship would.

(AW is another topic)

Last edited:
But his point is accurate, Cisse isn’t a threat outside of 5 feet, if the defense doesn’t need to step out on him it’ll just allow them to clog the lane for Judah, JJ, Chance. HD would require they’re big to step out because he’s a threat, which would clear the lane and that is an absolute game changer, it would make our offense so hard to defend.
That wasn’t his point at all if you read the original post

Jesse didn’t score outside 5 feet either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom