Hunter Dickinson | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

I think the numbers being thrown out for players are extremely inflated. It’s going over the top with speculation. No school in their right mind would play a one year rental $2 million dollars. I think a lot of it is rationalization for trying to explain how a school lost a player.

I mean if Jesse is getting 800k a year, I don't find something north of 1M, possibly approaching 2M, for a better big man out of the question. Not saying we should pay that or it's worth it, but I could see a blue blood like Kentucky ponying up that kind of money.

I mean if Jesse is getting 800k a year, I don't find something north of 1M, possibly approaching 2M, for a better big man out of the question. Not saying we should pay that or it's worth it, but I could see a blue blood like Kentucky ponying up that kind of money.
Caveat that this is just a rumor, but if it's anywhere close, it's a reflection of just how well-structured AND monied you have to be to chase top targets, especially if they have draft aspirations and multiple years of eligibility remaining. In that case not only do you have to think about competing with other schools, but also NBA rookie deals and potential overseas contracts:

Last edited:
If that rumor is even close to being accurate (even 30-40% of that number) then how do we feel now about what was perceived to be way to high NIL for Jesse? Seems like a bargain now.

If that rumor is even close to being accurate (even 30-40% of that number) then how do we feel now about what was perceived to be way to high NIL for Jesse? Seems like a bargain now.

I think the key is if you have one missing piece then you overpay. Jesse was not the missing piece. Not sure we will find anyone that is unless we want to get into that type of bidding war for Hunter.

Cuse

People are forgetting the real victim in all this - NBA teams! Nyuk nyuk.

What is all this this going to do to the draft/contract structure, and tradition? Drafting on potential, and all that. Interesting times ahead. And what about overseas teams? I can picture an (NBA) undrafted NIL millionaire saying screw Siberia and buying a couple of Taco Bells back home to see where that leads.

My question on wanting Cisse over Dickinson: If we start Judah/JJ/Chance, wouldn't they benefit from having a Big who would need to be guarded on the perimeter, thus opening up driving lanes? And wouldn't that squad need more shooting anyway?
Anyone that wants Cisse over Dickinson doesn’t have a clue about basketball. Those takes are white hot.

I genuinely hate this. I don't care if a student makes money off their stuff, but it shouldn't be a pre-condition for signing. NIL is just way for schools to legitimize corruption.
It's insane for a 20-year-old to receive a million dollars to dribble a basketball, while the rest of us pay $80,000 a year to pay for it.

Caveat that this is just a rumor, but if it's anywhere close, it's a reflection of just how well-structured AND monied you have to be to chase top targets, especially if they have draft aspirations and multiple years of eligibility remaining. In that case not only do you have to think about competing with other schools, but also NBA rookie deals and potential overseas contracts:

He will take a pay cut in the NBA

Kansas might have a bigger salary cap than UK. Not sure where this money is coming from.
I was going to ask that too. I mean, it's Lawrence. Are there super wealthy alums? Former players? They were getting bags via Adidas, maybe they still are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom