Hurley is a joke. | Syracusefan.com

Hurley is a joke.

littlereg

845 hoops extraordinaire
What ascent? dudes havent been to the tournament since 2016... not like their recruiting has taken an uptick the last year or two. It’s stabled some THATS it. So what is it because the big East finally welcomed them?

Attachments

• 1ED8A5B0-034D-4697-A417-302532A64D64.jpeg
    1ED8A5B0-034D-4697-A417-302532A64D64.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 950
What ascent? dudes havent been to the tournament since 2016... not like their recruiting has taken an uptick the last year or two. It’s stabled some THATS it. So what is it because the big East finally welcomed them?
I loathe the Mutts too, but let’s call a spade a spade. He’s doing a good job w/ recruiting and now that they’re back in the NBE they’ll likely have better recruits. Now whether that translates to more wins, remains to be seen. But let’s not let our fandom obscure from the reality. They’re our rival, and it looks like that’ll continue moving forward.

I loathe the Mutts too, but let’s call a spade a spade. He’s doing a good job w/ recruiting and now that they’re back in the NBE they’ll likely have better recruits. Now whether that translates to more wins, remains to be seen. But let’s not let our fandom obscure from the reality. They’re our rival, and it looks like that’ll continue moving forward.

the only recruit they’ve landed in the last 3 or so years to do anything has been Bouknight. Their top recruits haven’t been hitting. But this post was more or less on Hurley for the constant spew of articles we see from that we know he is pushing. It’s hilarious how relevant he tries to get them even though they aren’t.

We spend more time worrying about this program than any other I think - it baffles me.
Somewhat agree.
Not baffling at all, IMO. At least they’re a legit rival, as opposed to that BS message board rivalry w/ Rutgers ftball that some here are constantly trying to push for.
Look, far be it for me to defend or speak up for UConn, but the rivalry is legit & built up over many hard wins & losses. That’s just fact. So wondering what they’re up to and wishing them ill is just par for the course.

Somewhat agree.
Not baffling at all, IMO. At least they’re a legit rival, as opposed to that BS message board rivalry w/ Rutgers ftball that some here are constantly trying to push for.
Look, far be it for me to defend or speak up for UConn, but the rivalry is legit & built up over many hard wins & losses. That’s just fact. So wondering what they’re up to and wishing them ill is just par for the course.I
I get it but I am much more concerned about the operations of teams we play every year.

I get it but I am much more concerned about the operations of teams we play every year.
Absolutely. But what makes it fun is when you keep up w/ a Georgetown or UConn, more so to laugh when they screw things up. Nothing makes me happier than watching them lose a crucial game, preferably on the same day. It hasn’t gotten to that point yet w/ a UNC or Duke, and they’re in our league. But given time maybe we’ll get there.

We spend more time worrying about this program than any other I think - it baffles me.
Because they compete with us for key Northeast recruits, just like they did in Calhoun's day. And Hurley is a spastic sideline clown and I can't believe recruits and their families can't see through his schtick.

... Georgetown or UConn...Nothing makes me happier than watching them lose a crucial game, preferably on the same day...
The next best thing to an Orange win!

I LOOOAAAAATHE G-town!
And really dislike UConn.

Unlikely Orange fans will ever have anything like that in the ACC...even as current students and new fans know nothing of the real old rivalries.

Duke-UNC the biggest rivalry in college sports.
They don't care about SU...just an outside interloper that so far hasn't exactly set the conference on fire.
But we don't need anything more as long the Orange keep scheduling the two despised Big East left behinds.

The next best thing to an Orange win!

I LOOOAAAAATHE G-town!
And really dislike UConn.

Unlikely Orange fans will ever have anything like that in the ACC...even as current students and new fans know nothing of the real old rivalries.

Duke-UNC the biggest rivalry in college sports.
They don't care about SU...just an outside interloper that so far hasn't exactly set the conference on fire.
But we don't need anything more as long the Orange keep scheduling the two despised Big East left behinds.
I think we have a chance to develop a good rivalry with Virginia. That 2016 Final Four game was iconic and one of the great tourney comebacks of all time (no doubt one they’re still bittter about), and we’ve also beaten them in the Dome a couple of times and at their place, which most ACC teams outside Duke and UNC can’t say in recent years.

I think we have a chance to develop a good rivalry with Virginia. That 2016 Final Four game was iconic and one of the great tourney comebacks of all time (no doubt one they’re still bittter about), and we’ve also beaten them in the Dome a couple of times and at their place, which most ACC teams outside Duke and UNC can’t say in recent years.
Elite Eight game and yes, that game had to be crushing.

Perhaps, it has to do with JB saying the only thing that matters nowadays relative to deemed "success" is what you do in the Dance. And, from a championship/title perspective, 'one is the loneliest number' compared to their FOUR.

Perhaps, it has to do with JB saying the only thing that matters nowadays relative to deemed "success" is what you do in the Dance. And, from a championship/title perspective, 'one is the loneliest number' compared to their FOUR.
That night in 2003 when we won a National Championship, the gorilla that was on the back of Syracuse basketball was forever lifted. '87 & Keith Smart, '96 & the UK Pro Team, all that came before that game meant nothing because we had finally reached the mountaintop. No longer would I have to listen to: "Which program has won the most NCAA tournament games WITHOUT winning a National Championship"? I absolutely hated hearing that every year, before every tournament.
So kudos to UConn for their 4 Championships, but personally that doesn't mean all that much to me. That big ass ZERO we had on our side is no more- the next one we win is just gravy. JMHO

Cool. Four titles. They had to crawl back to a watered down Big East and give up football. They can crow about 4>1 and Tyler Olander all they want. I’ll take out spot over there’s any day.

And yes Uconn fan I know you’re reading this feel free to screenshot and share.

Cool. Four titles. They had to crawl back to a watered down Big East and give up football. They can crow about 4>1 and Tyler Olander all they want. I’ll take out spot over there’s any day.

And yes Uconn fan I know you’re reading this feel free to screenshot and share.
It's all they got left. Reminds me of my friend the Red Sox fan who we'd tease about never winning a World Series since 1918. Once they won in 2004, it didn't really matter that the Yankees had 26 Rings, or that my Mets had beaten them in '86. And after they'd won again a few years later, I remember he wasn't going crazy celebrating like in '04. When asked, he basically said of course it was great to win again, but nothing could compare to that first one. And as we're both SU fans, I knew exactly what he meant.

We at least had to respect Calhoun as a coach. Hurley is a bigger jerk and he hasn’t proven anything as a coach. There’s nothing to respect.
Calhoun was far bigger a jerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom