Hustle & flow | Syracusefan.com

Hustle & flow

BludOrange

All Conference
They controlled the flow of the game and out hustled us from the start.

For majority of the game, if we didnt get fouled early in a posession, we either turned it over, or passed the rock one time and then forced up a contested shot. It resulted is us never getting any rhythm going on offense. Carey got pushed around and bullied early on but seemed to settle down and take better care of the ball as the game went on. But those early turnovers put us in a hole, and the forced up shots, kept us in it all game. Hughes was hitting some shots, but forced up many. Including the one when he fumbled the ball at the top of the key, regained control and instantly jacked a 3 without ever really getting set or in some kind of rythom off the bounce. Should of passed it off.

I'd like to say it was one of those games where the ball just didnt bounce your way, but it wasn't. They beat us to loose balls all throughout the game. The one that sticks out, is when Battle let a pass go off his fingertips, looks at it, and then starts to jog towards it as a Uconn guy sprinted past him and dove to the ground for the ball.

The first use of the press was bad timing imo, but who am I to ? JB. Uconn had not scored in a few possessions and we were kind of making a mini run between all the timeouts. I would have liked to see them have forced them to try and score against a set up D in that situation than getting a quick two and regaining a little bit of confidence/momentum.

On the positive side, is the valuable minutes Carey got, that he probably wouldn't have sniffed if Frank was healthy, which should pay dividends later on in the season.

They beat us to loose balls all throughout the game. The one that sticks out, is when Battle let a pass go off his fingertips, looks at it, and then starts to jog towards it as a Uconn guy sprinted past him and dove to the ground for the ball.

That was infuriating, and not the type of effort you should see from your on-court leader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom