I’ll be that guy | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

I’ll be that guy

Because Dino said he did it to reduce the likelihood of more injuries. I’m not sure why you can’t see the contradiction in his action.
Yes but after the second series of the half. The time change had nothing to do with that. Playing starters the first series is decided early in the week and has nothing to do with the score of the game. That’s something some of you just don’t want to understand.

Yes but after the second series of the half. The time change had nothing to do with that. Playing starters the first series is decided early in the week and has nothing to do with the score of the game. That’s something some of you just don’t want to understand.
Ok. I disagree. I think we’ve beat this horse to death. Twice

Ok. I disagree. I think we’ve beat this horse to death. Twice
As as coach you have a game plan prior to the game. As I said earlier in the thread Im looking at it from a coaching perspective. I’m not expecting you to look at it that way and that’s fine. You are beating the wrong horse. My thoughts in that situation is not changing. Most coaches I know and have worked with share the same philosophy. Starters get a series in the second half. As long as they are healthy.

Last edited:
I saw Cruz in on the second series along with Jaquez Fuentes Coley and Johnson. Hatcher, Oliver and guys were being sprinkled in early in the 2nd quarter.

Good point...I saw Cruz on both sides of the OL Saturday, is that correct,

Go to 3:08:

That interview is Tucker saying it was Anae but I could have sworn there was one with Shrader saying it and using his name Anae instead of saying OC.

IMHO there was more risk than reward by leaving the starters in after the half. I still have anger flashbacks from Shafer leaving Dungy in the Louisville game that was out of hand late. Another thing to consider is the sportsmanship factor. Wagners athletic department gets a boost to their finances at the expense of kids that are obviously overmatched physically.

Because Dino said he did it to reduce the likelihood of more injuries. I’m not sure why you can’t see the contradiction in his action.
Doesn’t Dino have to say that though. The request had to have been initiated by the Wagner coach to save his own team. Dino can’t say no or he looks bad and he has to say it is about preventing injuries because he can’t say it is about not embarrassing Wagner any further. Do you think we would have shortened the quarters if it were up to Dino?

whats been decided? and by who? The coaches? As fans, we all want a perfect season with no injuries. Its not realistic. There other things coaches want to accomplish and playing it safe doesnt guarantee anything. 37 offensive plays were ran up to that drive. Thats not many. 1 series in the 2nd half was always the plan. The score doesnt dictake that.

The winner of the game. You've reduced your argument to sophistry.

Doesn’t Dino have to say that though. The request had to have been initiated by the Wagner coach to save his own team. Dino can’t say no or he looks bad and he has to say it is about preventing injuries because he can’t say it is about not embarrassing Wagner any further. Do you think we would have shortened the quarters if it were up to Dino?

He said it in the presser and it was up to him. He said 'Yes'.

So it’s probably been discussed here. But if dino said the starters were just going to play 2 series in the second and be pulled. Why did GS play the whole game?

So it’s probably been discussed here. But if dino said the starters were just going to play 2 series in the second and be pulled. Why did GS play the whole game?
He did?

He did?
From what people were saying here I thought he did. I didn’t see any stats before I posted but I see CDRW so ignore my post heh

Lol CDRW closes out the game my man

The winner of the game. You've reduced your argument to sophistry.
The game was decided before they hit the field. That was going to be a 40 point win regardless. The score of the game doesnt determine everything the staff wants to accomplish. Its not an argument. You just dont want the players from your favorite team getting hurt. Playing starters to start the 2nd half is as common as it gets whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
The game was decided before they hit the field. That was going to be a 40 point win regardless. The score of the game doesnt determine everything the staff wants to accomplish. Its not an argument. You just dont want the players from your favorite team getting hurt. Playing starters to start the 2nd half is as common as it gets whether we like it or not.

"You just dont want the players from your favorite team getting hurt." Guilty.

All the excuses were bogus as was the decision to have starters on the field after halftime. All the B.S. excuses could have been changed by a smart coach. I have always liked Dino thru thick and thin this was really thin.

Why are we concentrating on the first series of the second half? Why not talk about the last series of the first half? Why did Dino leave the starters in for that series? If he had pulled the starters before the final series of the first half that would have been the right decision, but leaving them in for the last series of the first half was the worst decision ever made in college sports. I mean, what if someone got injured?

All the excuses were bogus as was the decision to have starters on the field after halftime. All the B.S. excuses could have been changed by a smart coach. I have always liked Dino thru thick and thin this was really thin.

"excuses" or standard operating procedure. The head coach ran the game like 95% of all coaches do but because he's the Syracuse coach he needs to do it differently? fans just don't like it because they want to put players away as soon and I mean as soon as the game is decided. Sports don't always work like that. This thread is just ridiculous.

and it doesn't sound as if you like Dino very much, " by a smart coach" I get the debate on it but it's gotten a bit ridiculous

"excuses" or standard operating procedure. The head coach ran the game like 95% of all coaches do but because he's the Syracuse coach he needs to do it differently? fans just don't like it because they want to put players away as soon and I mean as soon as the game is decided. Sports don't always work like that. This thread is just ridiculous.

and it doesn't sound as if you like Dino very much, " by a smart coach" I get the debate on it but it's gotten a bit ridiculous
He gets crushed when he does things differently, he gets crushed when does the same as the vast majority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom