I’ll take it…but that was painful… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I’ll take it…but that was painful…

I haven't minded the play calling this season... until that empty backfield pass play at the end of the game when Shrader was sacked for a big loss. You are in FG range. You want to burn the clock. The call almost puts you out of FG range. I know Anae is a risk taker and you don't win w/o taking risks - but really, if you leave them minimum clock and kick the almost sure thing FG, UVa is not likely to be able to win that game. Even if you are going to pass, at least line up with Tucker in the backfield so they have to defend the run.
Also, it was second and 5.

Apparently McDonald was out too? As a fan i'm gonna choose to forget that second half and only complain about settling for FGs. Also those commentators were horrendous.
They were indeed horrible. Syracuse was clearly targeting. Virginia I don’t see how he could have pulled up. Celebratory about Virginia. Dismissive of us. My final comment, better a disappointing win than a disappointing loss. Through the years we have been built up for letdowns so often I almost find myself waiting for it. Hopefully that was it.

I guess 73/110 (66.4%) for 986 yards, 8Td's and 1 Int is below average. Who would've known...thanks for the education. Or, maybe, you simply changed the definition of "below average" to fit your narrative. Kind of like changing the definitions of "vaccine" and "recession".
Love the last line.

I hope you’re right, but BC would seem to be the only one we’re favored in. Many of those games were away - all 3 of our games against teams with a pulse have been home so far.

Sorry, seen the promising season become us getting stomped every time the last month due to injuries and lack of depth too many times. 2011, 2017, even last year. I’m not taking anything for granted. Every game left after Wagner will be hard.

Nice level headed post. :)

He was slow on his cutbacks... especially cutting left and his initial burst was slower. First time to me it was obvious he is dinged up. Shrader as well- he wasn't launching on those runs.

We need to get healthy in a bad way. I think Purdue got their pound of flesh and UVA took their own. UVA is physical and that D is good. This was a rough short week
Thankfully they have Wagner then bye week before the schedule gets tougher.. lots of treatment before NC State.

We could win out if the old Tucker comes back.

If we don’t get him going Wagner could be our last win of the season too.

We get to rest up and watch our next opponent play FSU and Clemson the next two weekends.

A win is a win; take it and keep hope alive!​

38FE1355-4B8B-42CF-9DEF-117CDE9F7B9B.jpeg

My narrative is that shrader is not a good passer and the best we got and by the end of the year you're going to look foolish
We know. Keep beating the drum, it’s fine.

However, he HAS improved. And if he had more than one decent WR, he might be even better.

We are 4-0. Has it always been pretty? No. But we have what equates to 3 weeks before we play the next game that should test us. Let’s get healthy, figure some things out, and give NC State all they can handle.

I hope you’re right, but BC would seem to be the only one we’re favored in. Many of those games were away - all 3 of our games against teams with a pulse have been home so far.

Sorry, seen the promising season become us getting stomped every time the last month due to injuries and lack of depth too many times. 2011, 2017, even last year. I’m not taking anything for granted. Every game left after Wagner will be hard.
Of course it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it was easy everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great.

The offense is definitely concerning all of a sudden as well are the injuries. But we can and should be excited about our D and ST. That’s 2/3 the battle.

Side note, Shrader hardly scrambled at all last night. Against Purdue he scrambled too much. Seems like he was told not to or there is some new internal goal or something. Growing pains.

I don’t get it . People aren’t happy with this performance ? Who cares ., they won a conference game . We aren’t in an era in the program where we can worry about style points.

I’m not sure if I have seen this posted yet but the offensive false starts are atrocious. One of our guards jumped before the ball was snapped. He is next to the center for crying out loud. Watch the ball if you forget the snap count. Still a great win, however all of these silly mistakes need to be cleaned up before the gauntlet portion of our schedule begins. Teams like Clemson, NC State and Wake will take full advantage of us if they don’t iron them out. Go Cuse!

6 wins? We will have 5 wins after next week then a bye. Who cares how we win. We just won an ACC game where we played terrible.
when the O keeps playing terrible against teams not named UConn and Wagner… well guess what, maybe the offense just is that terrible. Y’all acting like it’s a fluke.

Two weeks in a row God has been watching over this team. Metaphorically of course.

I don’t get it . People aren’t happy with this performance ? Who cares ., they won a conference game . We aren’t in an era in the program where we can worry about style points.

The worry is that we cannot sustain Ws playing the way we have the last two weeks, especially on the road. We have a tough 6 game stretch coming up. And as the season goes on we will likely lose a few players to injury, it is part of the game. Once we get that 6th W, I think most people will relax and enjoy the ride. But this is SU we have seen too many collapses and missed Bowls to assume anything yet.

ND looked pretty solid yesterday and their oline looked the part. People thinking that ND is a pushover should recalibrate. Their TE is going to give us problems as well.
There are probably Pop Warner Ds in Texas who are better than UNC's D. ND couldn't score on Marshall or Cal. I don't expect them to beat BYU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom