I’m convinced | Syracusefan.com

I’m convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse House

All American
That we have the ingredients to make a push. Three things need to happen in my opinion for this team to maximize their potential.

1) Symir and Frank need to eat into Joe and Jimmy’s minutes.

2) Cole needs to continue playing with confidence.

3) Buddy has to stop being a black hole. He shoots way too much with all the shooters we have.

That we have the ingredients to make a push. Three things need to happen in my opinion for this team to maximize their potential.

3) Buddy has to stop being a black hole. He shoots way too much with all the shooters we have.
to 3 - Buddy's style would make sense if there werent other scorers...as is, he often drags the offense

boeheim bros need to think about their passsing

to 3 - Buddy's style would make sense if there werent other scorers...as is, he often drags the offense

boeheim bros need to think about their passsing
Buddy is a very good shooter who takes a lot of tough shots. I think Buddy could put up similar numbers with better efficiency if he was more patient. The turn around jumpers in the paint is bad offense because when he starts that move the 4 other guys become invisible.

You forgot number 0), Jessie needs to stay out of foul trouble.

It's not all his fault though, he committed 2.5 fouls tonight and the refs just assumed the 2.5 other ones.

Symir should play more for sure, but with Joe in the backcourt with him at times.

Girard was our best player in the second half after
he had a rough first half. He hit a few tough shots when nobody else could score and he needs to be in at the end because he’s automatic at the line. I’m honestly surprised with the nitpicking about Joe. He was bad in the first half, but clearly made up for it late.

Buddy’s legs were clearly not there in the second half.

Symir should play more for sure, but with Joe in the backcourt with him at times.

he had a rough first half. He hit a few tough shots when nobody else could score and he needs to be in at the end because he’s automatic at the line. I’m honestly surprised with the nitpicking about Joe. He was bad in the first half, but clearly made up for it late.

That corner fall away three was sick!

You forgot number 0), Jessie needs to stay out of foul trouble.

It's not all his fault though, he committed 2.5 fouls tonight and the refs just assumed the 2.5 other ones.
Jesse does need to stay out of foul trouble and he has been better of late with that. I didn’t list that because I don’t feel the drop off with Frank is as much as some may feel. Frank is limited offensively but he does some things better than Jessie.

He had a good final 4 minutes, I wouldn’t say he was great the other 16. Joe needs to stop making so many live ball turnovers. The made shots are great, but he was atrocious in every other aspect. Realistically I’d like to see him and Symir both in late and take Jimmy out.

He had a good final 4 minutes, I wouldn’t say he was great the other 16. Joe needs to stop making so many live ball turnovers. The made shots are great, but he was atrocious in every other aspect. Realistically I’d like to see him and Symir both in late and take Jimmy out.
He only had 2 turnovers. And he hit a few big shots before the last 4 minutes.Symir did come in after Jesse fouled out. At worst Joe was our second best starter tonight.

Point 3 gets an Amen.

Not sure how frank is going to eat into Jimmy’s minutes considering they play completely different positions… but I see where your head is at

Eh this isn’t a very good team. We are beating up really bad squads.
Honestly though, that might be what this team needed to catch fire. Confidence is everything, look at Cole. We string 6-7 in a row and see Jessie and Cole continue their strong play and we have a shot. Not saying it will be done, but there is a glimmer of hope that was not there 3 weeks ago.

Not sure how frank is going to eat into Jimmy’s minutes considering they play completely different positions… but I see where your head is at
I think what is being pointed out is to put Frank in the middle, not Jimmy.

Eh this isn’t a very good team. We are beating up really bad squads.
Love you AZ but not sure what you mean by this.

Are we a good team? No.

But is that new information?

We handle the teams we should and look good doing it. Against teams that are athletic we struggle. But lately this team feels like one that can win any game in the ACC

I think what is being pointed out is to put Frank in the middle, not Jimmy.
Oh I agree, but Jimmy plays maybe 1-2 minutes in the middle every other game and only when Jesse gets into foul trouble. The problem we’re seeing with Jimmy is that Benny obviously isn’t good enough to take minutes from him, so there is no one else to put at the 3/4 unless you go “small” with 3 guards.

Oh I agree, but Jimmy plays maybe 1-2 minutes in the middle every other game and only when Jesse gets into foul trouble. The problem we’re seeing with Jimmy is that Benny obviously isn’t good enough to take minutes from him, so there is no one else to put at the 3/4 unless you go “small” with 3 guards.
That will work!!!!!

I’d be interested to see a lineup for a few minutes with both Frank and Jessie. Obviously would give up some offense but the defense and rebounding would be epic. Would probably have to put Joe and Symir in with buddy/Cole for ball handling. That is the type of lineup UNC constantly killed us with.

Love you AZ but not sure what you mean by this.

Are we a good team? No.

But is that new information?

We handle the teams we should and look good doing it. Against teams that are athletic we struggle. But lately this team feels like one that can win any game in the ACC
Look I love Cuse hoops more than anything but calling tonight’s action “looking good” is something else altogether. Watching is being the ball up and get into sets is painful…look good for them bouncing back but this team is still the same one that has horrid losses …

Honestly though, that might be what this team needed to catch fire. Confidence is everything, look at Cole. We string 6-7 in a row and see Jessie and Cole continue their strong play and we have a shot. Not saying it will be done, but there is a glimmer of hope that was not there 3 weeks ago.
Maybe…but this game was not an example of CUSE playing good hoops. Jesse had ZERO points and fouled out

Maybe…but this game was not an example of CUSE playing good hoops. Jesse had ZERO points and fouled out
herein lies the problem. The ACC is hot garbage. SU could win all their remaining regular season games except the DUKE game..win two in the ACC tourney..and still not get in the dance. Most of the games we play can only hurt us. This is the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom