I already hate Brony James. | Syracusefan.com

I already hate Brony James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God the ESPN announcer had an orgasm every time he made a basket last night. I'm sure it's going to be the same crap for the next 15 years. God help us all!
But isn't that more the announcer being annoying than Bronny himself? I see Bronny as similar to Zion (and Lebron himself) in that he actually handles the incessant pressure and attention at a young age pretty well.

Never forget, Lebron had the lamest dunk contest performance of all time and was handed the trophy anyway.

That’s tangentially related to this, at best, but I like bringing up that hot garbage.

Never forget, Lebron had the lamest dunk contest performance of all time and was handed the trophy anyway.

That’s tangentially related to this, at best, but I like bringing up that hot garbage.

He was also afraid to post up JJ Barea

Here's what ive heard, take it for what its worth.

He wasnt even the best player on his HS team, yet got selected for the McDonalds game over that teammate.

He put Oregon in his Final 3, they haven't even offered him. Dana Altman is just hoping his phone doesn't ring.
I think he's overrated a bit, but c'mon. I'd take him on Syracuse in a heartbeat next year.

Last edited:
But isn't that more the announcer being annoying than Bronny himself? I see Bronny as similar to Zion (and Lebron himself) in that he actually handles the incessant pressure and attention at a young age pretty well.

I sympathize with Bronny and Zion because I don’t think they wanted/want all that attention. Lebron, on the other hand, is one of the most ‘look at me’ dudes ever. Maybe it’s a chicken or egg situation, but he seemed to relish and invite the attention from the jump.

LeBron lived up to the hype as a player and has done amazing things off the court. He's the blueprint. Worst thing he ever did was get convinced to do "The Decision."

Agreed -- which is pretty remarkable for an athlete that has been under the microscope like him.

I lived in NE Ohio when he was in HS. His mom and her then-partner were nuts -- I think he went to prison for some type of financial scam. A local car dealership gifted him a Hummer when he was in high school. There was no way I expected him to be as squeaky clean as he's turned out to be, given that background.

And yet, there's very little [if anything] off the court to criticize. As you point out, "The Decision" was probably the worst thing, and in the big scheme of things -- not really a big deal.

Edit -- a couple of years ago, he was a special guest star on one of those house flipping shows, when the focus was on fixing up several neighborhood houses in a run-down area of Akron, LeBron's home town. LeBron had a financial stake in the project. So LeBron shows up at project kickoff, cuts the ribbon, and poses for some photos. The woman who is the house flipping focus of the show talked about how nice it was to meet a big sports celebrity like him, and how she was appreciative for his financial backing.

The next day, the project kicks off in earnest. And much to her surprise, LeBron shows BACK up on-site with his kids at like 7am in the morning. She apparently didn't expect him to be involved beyond the initial photo op -- let alone to work. Instead, he's out there with safety googles, swinging sledgehammers, loading construction waste into dumpsters, etc. He also put his kids to work, and got on them throughout the day if they slacked off. Then he showed up on day 2, again with his kids, for another full day of work. And again on day 3. And was there for the full week, working full time, for the duration of the project.

Says a lot about him, IMO. Billionaire, but not afraid to get his hands dirty when it came to community work benefitting his home town.

Last edited:
And never forget that Melo had a better rookie season and LeBron was handed the award anyway.
I was genuinely curious about that so I looked it up.

Lebron averaged 20.9 pts, 5.5 rebs, 5.9 assists, 1.6 steals, 0.7 blocks.
Melo 21.0 pts, 6.1 rebs, 2.8 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.5 blocks.

PER: Lebron 18.3, Melo 17.6
VORP: Lebron 2.9, Melo 1.6
WS/48: Melo .098, Lebron .078

Conclusion: probably a decent argument to be made for both guys. I would probably objectively have voted Lebron by a smidge.

I think he's overrated a bit, but c'mon. I'd take him on Syracuse in a heartbeat next year.
I agree he's probably a good college player but I also hear he's overrated, college coaches don't really want the circus that comes with that, and Lebron talking about playing with him in the NBA has people laughing

God the ESPN announcer had an orgasm every time he made a basket last night. I'm sure it's going to be the same crap for the next 15 years. God help us all!

That announcer must have a lot of bodily fluids.

Gets worse as you get older. Or so I hear.

I agree he's probably a good college player but I also hear he's overrated, college coaches don't really want the circus that comes with that, and Lebron talking about playing with him in the NBA has people laughing
"hear"

He shot the piss out of the ball last night. He's probably a better shooter than anyone on our roster right now and he knows the game. I don't disagree there's some nepotism involved with him, but if a coach won't take him maybe they should be in another profession.

That's not Bronny's fault at all. Kid has never done anything to warrant some kind of hate (versus, say, Danny Hurley).

Kid isn't as good as they are promoting, but he's still going to be a solid player in college ball. Top 10 pick in the NBA - only if the team wants LBJ to sign with them or get in good with Klutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom