I already hate Brony James. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I already hate Brony James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not Bronny's fault at all. Kid has never done anything to warrant some kind of hate (versus, say, Danny Hurley).

Kid isn't as good as they are promoting, but he's still going to be a solid player in college ball. Top 10 pick in the NBA - only if the team wants LBJ to sign with them or get in good with Klutch.
The only thing the kid is guilty of is being the son of LeBron. Just as in anything (celebrity movie star, musician, etc.) the road can and should be easier for an offspring and he/she can capitalize on the family name. He seems like a good kid and a solid and smart basketball player who will do very well as a college player. Right now he does not look like he has the potential to be a superstar NBA player, but he is solid and if he continues to grow, can legitimately be at a minimum an average NBA player like a Cole Anthony.

The kid gets a ton of hate for no real reason other than being Lebron’s son. He actually seems very humble off the court and stays out of trouble (other than that leaked snapchat video of him smoking a blunt). He is for sure a top 20 guy and thinks the game at an extremely high level. He has already exceeded my expectations as to how he would pan out being Lebron’s son, having all that attention, and having his dad’s shoes to fill

That's not Bronny's fault at all. Kid has never done anything to warrant some kind of hate (versus, say, Danny Hurley).

Kid isn't as good as they are promoting, but he's still going to be a solid player in college ball. Top 10 pick in the NBA - only if the team wants LBJ to sign with them or get in good with Klutch.

From a schadenfreunde standpoint I’d love to see some team use a top ten pick on Bronny in an attempt to entice Lebron.

Any relation to Bronny James?
any relation to Boney James ?

Unknown.jpeg

Lebron is by all measures a great role model and a human being and one of the best basketball players we’ve ever seen.

And I’m not a fan of Lebron the player, mainly because he seems to always be arguing calls and non-calls, and is a bad actor.

He should be lauded. And the perceived “whininess” is probably just a mechanism of his extreme competitiveness.

I still like MJ & Kobe better. But Lebron lived up to and exceeded unreal expectations.

Bronny has hurdles that only a handful of people in the history of the basketball playing would would be able to clear.

I heard refs follow Brony around and call fouls on everyone near him. The entire supermarket fouled out last time he was there, and he was only there to sign autographs.
Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

"Don't forget to tip your waitress...and try the veal"!

By a mile. People hate Lebron because the media has decided it’s cool and the general public followed.
Puhleeze. I didn't need anyone to convince me to not "like" LeBron- hate being too strong a word.
"The Decision" being a big part of it, but I cheered just as loudly when he brought Cleveland to a championship.
I'm old skool and just felt that MJ and Kobe were better...still do btw, but here was LePain being anointed before earning his stripes. Granted he's handled the attention very well, probably better than anyone I ever seen, and he is generally considered to be a good guy, so there's that.

100% agree. He's the most irrationally disliked athlete of my lifetime.
He and Jeter are on the Mt. Rushmore of how to live in the public eye and not screw up. Guy has done it the right way since he was about 15.
His biggest “screw up”, the decision, raised ove $2M for the Boys and Girls club. That was why he did it on TV. To raise money.

Puhleeze. I didn't need anyone to convince me to not "like" LeBron- hate being too strong a word.
"The Decision" being a big part of it, but I cheered just as loudly when he brought Cleveland to a championship.
I'm old skool and just felt that MJ and Kobe were better...still do btw, but here was LePain being anointed before earning his stripes. Granted he's handled the attention very well, probably better than anyone I ever seen, and he is generally considered to be a good guy, so there's that.

How could seventeen year old Lebron have made sure he wasn’t anointed “before he earned his stripes?”

Also for the ridiculous amount of hype he got back when he was at SVSM he met it…and then some.

For whatever its worth, Jonathan Givony, who I think is real sharp on draft stuff (but obviously not perfect) has really been talking Bronny up the last couple of months. He did a pod with Lowe about him somewhat recently.

If he's handled the attention "better than anyone you've ever seen", and you acknowledge that he's a good guy, then why call him "LePain"?

Agreed not fair to hate on the kid just because the name. But the name will absolutely inflate some of the actual ability as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom