I already hate Brony James. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I already hate Brony James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of aspects to US sports culture that are nutso. People ridiculing the Buffalo teams in the early 1990s that went to four straight SBs. The degree of difficulty there is pretty damn high and yet morons would take shots as if the Bills should be ashamed of that run cuz they didn't win a SB.
Yup. They should be celebrated for being a consistently great team that achieved something that nobody else has. Making it to 4 straight SB’s is insane.

Yup. They should be celebrated for being a consistently great team that achieved something that nobody else has. Making it to 4 straight SB’s is insane.
I’ve heard Jalen Rose say how even though they didn’t win it all, the Fab Five is more remembered and celebrated now than many of the teams that did win it all.

I’d say the same holds true for those Bills.

Puhleeze. I didn't need anyone to convince me to not "like" LeBron- hate being too strong a word.
"The Decision" being a big part of it, but I cheered just as loudly when he brought Cleveland to a championship.
I'm old skool and just felt that MJ and Kobe were better...still do btw, but here was LePain being anointed before earning his stripes. Granted he's handled the attention very well, probably better than anyone I ever seen, and he is generally considered to be a good guy, so there's that.
He’s the all time leading scorer and is still playing at a very high level 20 years into his career, in his late 30s.

Regardless of what he was “anointed” with - he’s more than earned his stripes by this point.

I’ve heard Jalen Rose say how even though they didn’t win it all, the Fab Five is more remembered and celebrated now than many of the teams that did win it all.

I think as time has passed they are remembered with more respect but it wasn't as much that way back 20-25 years ago.

Jalen Rose and Chris Webber or corny a&$ Donald Williams? I know who I’m picking.

I hope Bronny isn’t both 1)overdrafted and handed opportunities he doesn’t deserve, and 2) Judged by impossible to live up to standards.

That combo would be extremely unfair circumstances to start a career for anybody.

I hope he gets drafted later than he “should”, and people don’t get stupid if he’s a role player. Not too many all time great b-ball players with kids who even made the league, let alone became superstars themselves.

He should be congratulated if he ends up being like Tim Hardaway Jr, Gary Payton II, etc. Those guys did a heck of a job earning legit solid careers on their own merits, even if they’re not superstars like their dads.
Unfortunately Bronny being over drafted and handed opportunities he doesn’t deserve is going to happen. LeBron will use his power and influence in the league to do whatever is needed to help his son(s) get into the league.

Sorry to interrupt this discussion on who is more clutch but back to Bronny. I certainly don't hate the kid. In fact I feel a little sorry for him. He will never meet the expectations being created for him by his father and ESPN. He had a very up and down HS season where he was outplayed by guys that are not even major D-1 recruits. That doesn't mean he can't become a great player but whether that happens is very uncertain.

Meanwhile for all of us out there that have coached their sons or just watched from the stands, LeBron is that guy. The father that thinks the world revolves around his son and that his kid is a can't miss superstar. Obviously all of this is playing out on a much higher level but LeBron doesn't help the situation by saying, like he did a week ago, that Bronny is better than a bunch of guys in the NBA. I know LeBron is prone to saying some dumb sheet but that's ridiculous.

As for ESPN, not surprised. They hang on LeBron's every word and tell us what he has for breakfast every morning. We'll be hearing endless commentary from them on Bronny even if he winds up in the G League.
It’s not lebron, it’s ESPN. Let it go.

imagine all the hardship growing up with daddy only pulling down 30 mil a year. breaks my heart.
Being despised by millions of people you have never met and being discounted solely because of who your father is has to be difficult.
Kids today face so much pressure and anonymous negativity that I am amazed if they make it out of teenage years whole. His pressures are 100 X “normal” kids.
Money doesn’t solve any of those problems.
Assuming that everything is perfect for a kid because his parents are wealthy is wrong. Your envy clouds your judgement.

Last edited:
Being despised by millions of people you have never met and being discounted solely because of who you’re father is has to be difficult.
Kids today face so much pressure and anonymous negativity that I am amazed if the make it out of teenage years whole. His pressures are 100 X “normal” kids.
Money doesn’t solve any of those problems.
Assuming that everything is perfect for a kid because his parents are wealthy is wrong. Your envy clouds your judgement.

I agree with some of your points here. While Bronny has a few advantages that 99.9% of teenage kids don’t have, there are certainly some obstacles 99.9% don’t have to deal with either.

But as far as the pressure, it would probably help if his father didn’t add to the expectations by tweeting stupid stuff like “Bronny is already better than guys in the league.” Although that’s not Bronny’s fault. Feel bad for the kid in that regard.

Lebron has higher career averages than Kobe in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, field goal percentage, three-point field goal percentage, True Shooting Percentage, PER, VORP, Offensive Win Shares, Defensive Win Shares, Total Win Shares, more MVP awards, more MVP win shares and more Finals MVPs.

Kobe has a high career free throw percentage.

These two guys aren't on the same level.
LeBron top 3, Kobe top 10. That said some of the numbers skewed based on final years which we haven’t seen from James yet (although honestly may never even drop off much).

LeBron top 3, Kobe top 10. That said some of the numbers skewed based on final years which we haven’t seen from James yet (although honestly may never even drop off much).
It will be interesting to see if Lebron follows the MJ track where he retires as an elite player or more the Duncan/Kareem track where his career follows more of a bell curve and he becomes a role player in his late years.

If it's the former it's probably 2-3 years more tops, if it's the latter I mean who knows it could be a Brady-type situation that we've never seen before.

It will be interesting to see if Lebron follows the MJ track where he retires as an elite player or more the Duncan/Kareem track where his career follows more of a bell curve and he becomes a role player in his late years.

If it's the former it's probably 2-3 years more tops, if it's the latter I mean who knows it could be a Brady-type situation that we've never seen before.
I hate to be that guy but if his body shape stays as is for another few years I think some explanation will be needed. Unless of course he has the same trainer as Karl Malone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom