I am frustrated with Coach Boeheim but what is with this venom towards him | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am frustrated with Coach Boeheim but what is with this venom towards him

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he said we would make the NCAAT. But the season is not over yet and we ARE getting better each game. We had 3 key big men out today with an injuries and sickness. That is not the coaches fault. Our freshmen are getting better. Bone headed play by Mintz was costly. The real failures on this team today was by two seniors - Girard and Torrence. We are now aware that Taylor can play. Bell started to play better plus he may be the answer in the middle on offense at the foul line. They were playing all junior and senior level transfers today. Syracuse is going to continue to get better.
LGO
1669509076039.png

The collective fan base has reached the Apathy stage.

I have to admit today was another game that I forgot we were playing. Settled in to watch the Raptors game at 5:00, then remembered we may be playing. Saw we were down 11.

I'm stuck between apathy and frustration over the past few years.

What has happened to our brand!

Has he broken the fanbase this much that he is taking all this frustration.

We all know it was going to be a long season but he should just announce his retirement so he can get the love back.
Calling the justified criticism directed at JB “venom” is taking the easy way out, IMO. I count myself as a huge JB fan, always have been. But even I can’t hold back any longer watching the erosion of this great program.
I find myself constantly critical, cynical, and more apathetic as time goes on. In a nutshell, I’ve seen this movie before, and the ending gets worse at every retelling.
That’s not venom, that’s abject frustration. It’s time.

Calling the justified criticism directed at JB as “venom” is taking the easy way out, IMO. I count myself as a huge JB fan, always have been. But even I can’t hold back any longer watching the erosion of this great program.
I find myself constantly critical, cynical, and more apathetic as time goes on. In a nutshell, I’ve seen this movie before, and the ending gets worse at every retelling.
That’s not venom, that’s abject frustration. It’s time.
I understand this take but outside of that Bees guy and SWC everyone is hammering JB.
It comes off as personal.
JB can be kind of a jerk so that probably has something to do with it.
I find myself more frustrated the AD let JB comeback after last year. This year could have been a take the lumps season for the next HC.
I assume GMac is the next HC since JB is letting these kids develop under him.

I understand this take but outside of that Bees guy and SWC everyone is hammering JB.
I find myself more frustrated the AD let JB comeback after last year. This year could have been a take the lumps season for the next HC.
Nothing is personal. We love this program. JB, while a huge part, is NOT the program. He needs to accept that and move on for the betterment of the program he has helped to build.

It’s not personal, not against JB. It’s like watching a loved one slowly deteriorate as they’re treated badly, and being powerless to stop or change it.

We all know it was going to be a long season but he should just announce his retirement so he can get the love back.
If JB deserves to leave on his terms, then the fans deserve to handle it however they choose. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the aggravation, because nothing’s going to change. We just have to wait it out. Different people cope in different ways, though.

Individual skills in a game like basketball almost don’t matter if they aren’t elite skills and you’re not playing as a team or preparing like a team.

You take a look at these guys one by one, same as last year, and they’re pretty good players, you put them together and it doesn’t work. We don’t run plays, we rely on individual talents whether it be Joe shooting lights out or Jesse dominating inside, if both those things don’t happen we lose. This isn’t a team and either was last year.
I hear you, I just don't want to fold the cards on the young team yet. Joe and Symir were no help today and actually hurt us. Jesse had a couple of bad fouls called on him. He needs to stay in the game when we have NO backup. We need to play Justin Taylor at the 2. Let Joe back up the guards since Sy doesn't seem to want to do it. I still feel some things are starting to develop. Bell looked good at the foul lane on offense. Taylor can shoot and anyone can play better defense than Joe. If we continue to stumble and fumble, then I will crossover to make a change. But at least get a few more games under our belt before giving up.

I hear you, I just don't want to fold the cards on the young team yet. Joe and Symir were no help today and actually hurt us. Jesse had a couple of bad fouls called on him. He needs to stay in the game when we have NO backup. We need to play Justin Taylor at the 2. Let Joe back up the guards since Sy doesn't seem to want to do it. I still feel some things are starting to develop. Bell looked good at the foul lane on offense. Taylor can shoot and anyone can play better defense than Joe. If we continue to stumble and fumble, then I will crossover to make a change. But at least get a few more games under our belt before giving up.
I don't see JB ever benching Joe. It would be an admission that he was wrong and he is too stubborn to do that.

Why are we accepting it should be a long season?

Go get players in the transfer portal to ensure you dont have another losing season, lol

Instead, lets get 6 freshman and then have a built in excuse that we are young

Its roster malpractice, its the NBA equivalent of tanking this year

Last edited:
I mean I understand who he is and what he has done here but that doesn't give anybody the right to do what is what he is doing and this is why we have athletic directors chancellors and whatnot because they're supposed to do their job whether he is a legend around here your friend whatever it's a business and he's costing us a s$$$load of money right now with all those empty seats already and it's going to get worse. Soon we are going to be outnumbered by the woman's team and that is deserving because I like what she is doing and that's exactly what we need we need a young charismatic guy to come in here and reinvigorate this program
aka, this is why corporations have board of directors and proxy votes to determine their CEO

On a positive not. VT was 5-5 last year and came back to win the ACC Tournament. Despite losing today, Bell and Taylor took huge steps and Jesse put up good numbers. If we can get everyone on the same page and accept their roles, we could be good by the end of the year.

So we're now at the point of saying the glass is half full after losses to both Colgate and Bryant? The program has been falling for years. JB is a decent guy, but he hasn't been putting the time in on the recruiting trail or at practice and it has been showing.

I have to admit today was another game that I forgot we were playing. Settled in to watch the Raptors game at 5:00, then remembered we may be playing. Saw we were down 11.

I'm stuck between apathy and frustration over the past few years.

What has happened to our brand!
Agreed. I forgot they were even playing and switching between CFB games I caught the second half.

Tell you what….for all my frustrations with Boeheim(which really all started in the last few years - he just hung on too long), if we EVER hire some idiot like the Bryant coach or Danny Hurley, I’m done. I don’t root for dorks like that. I’d rather go 0-40 with Boeheim than win a national title with that smelly looking goofball.

Tell you what….for all my frustrations with Boeheim(which really all started in the last few years - he just hung on too long), if we EVER hire some idiot like the Bryant coach or Danny Hurley, I’m done. I don’t root for dorks like that. I’d rather go 0-40 with Boeheim than win a national title with that smelly looking goofball.
ugh, DW, I dont know, yeah his antics are annoying but if he won, we all know we put up with the antics

its similar to JB, you can be rude to the local media when you win 25 games a year, when you win 15 your a jerk

People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors