I can’t be the only one…. | Syracusefan.com

I can’t be the only one….

Fighting the urge to unfollow our new football beat reporter on Twitter, right?

Not my cup of tea.

I might have to subscribe to Bailey’s site.
I was yelled at in a prior thread for saying she is no Dave Rahme.

No thanks.

It is. Stephen Bailey was hired straight out of SU as I recall. Agree that she’s not my cup of tea on Twitter but I think her stories have been good so far.

Just as has been pointed out for going on a decade now the disappearing act of quality editing... this has run parallel. Its not just this industry either.

I still don’t understand how/why Bailey and McAllister ended up where they are now. Bailey is awesome at the actual football being played and McAllister is awesome with recruiting stuff.

Neither of them were great on the mic but the podcast with Bailey and Julian Whigham was really insightful every week. I’m oblivious to the logistics of what went down but the Syracuse football coverage is square pegs in round holes.

Unfortunately, Twitter is THE platform now that people go to for news.

It isn't the newspaper. It's not TV. It isn't even the websites of these news organizations. It's Twitter.

It's the most instantaneous and where you will first find breaking news on your favorite team 100 times out of 100.

To have someone completely oblivious to the way this works as a beat reporter is disappointing on a number of levels.

The news editors need to have a conversation with beat reporters on the do's and dont's of social media. And the beat reporters themselves have to step away from the ego a little bit to understand nobody cares about the pop culture podcast that 12 relatives listen to.

It goes to show how much investment syracuse.com has in its football coverage and, unfortunately, how much people care these days about Syracuse football.

I still don’t understand how/why Bailey and McAllister ended up where they are now. Bailey is awesome at the actual football being played and McAllister is awesome with recruiting stuff.

Neither of them were great on the mic but the podcast with Bailey and Julian Whigham was really insightful every week. I’m oblivious to the logistics of what went down but the Syracuse football coverage is square pegs in round holes.
McAllister was a poster here who started a blog and got hired by sites that don’t employ editors. And it shows.

She’s from another generation. 2 or 3 removed from me. She reflects the times while including some SU news. Maybe when the season starts it will be more focused on SU. Wish Emily all the best.

She’s from another generation. 2 or 3 removed from me. She reflects the times while including some SU news. Maybe when the season starts it will be more focused on SU. Wish Emily all the best.
Shes weak

Strike 1 - "Empty press room" @ ACC Media Day
Strike 2 - Misspelled Boeheim in an article(OK, maybe she's a natural SU reporter for this misstep.)
Strike 3 - ?

That’s what they get for not hiring a Newhouse / DO alum….number one for a reason.
It is bizarre to me that they didn't do this. When you have a great feeder like this, why get someone from Mizzou unless it's a superstar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom