I can’t be the only one…. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I can’t be the only one….

She has 36 articles on Syracuse.com dating back 31 days about Cuse and Cuse football. I’m assuming everyone in this thread complaining has already read every single word of each of those.

Do you think a media person can survive on Twitter and in her job just reporting on a team that’s been bad to mediocre for most of the past two decades?

Her becoming more popular and having more of a following means her Cuse football coverage gets seen by more people.

Guess what, catering to the over 40 crowd of Syracuse football die hards only won’t keep her around. Btw, I’m in that category.

Also, the people complaining about twitter sound like old cranks who don’t know how to use an app that’s been around for over 15 years. You can curate it to get exactly what you want. Bailey, McCalister, LockedOn, etc all have feeds as well.
Some good points, but not sure she’s becoming more popular this way. She should be posting 70% SU football and driving some of the other stuff to Insta.

Last edited:
She has 36 articles on Syracuse.com dating back 31 days about Cuse and Cuse football. I’m assuming everyone in this thread complaining has already read every single word of each of those.

Do you think a media person can survive on Twitter and in her job just reporting on a team that’s been bad to mediocre for most of the past two decades?

Her becoming more popular and having more of a following means her Cuse football coverage gets seen by more people.

Guess what, catering to the over 40 crowd of Syracuse football die hards only won’t keep her around. Btw, I’m in that category.

Also, the people complaining about twitter sound like old cranks who don’t know how to use an app that’s been around for over 15 years. You can curate it to get exactly what you want. Bailey, McCalister, LockedOn, etc all have feeds as well.
just a few months ago the posts here and thread topics were all from shlitheads complaining about no paper tickets as if they could not only never enter the Dome again, but if they did…they’d never find their seats.

Discussions regarding the Twitter content of the new blogger for Cuse football is such a improvement…it’s actually dumbfounding and stupendous.

Hopefully ripping this chick to shreds will help her tighten her content and take her further in her career.

It is the profession she has chosen.

just a few months ago the posts here and thread topics were all from shlitheads complaining about no paper tickets as if they could not only never enter the Dome again, but if they did…they’d never find their seats.

Discussions regarding the Twitter content of the new blogger for Cuse football is such a improvement…it’s actually dumbfounding and stupendous.

Hopefully ripping this chick to shreds will help her tighten her content and take her further in her career.

It is the profession she has chosen.
Man, when you opine you go in hard! Props to you!

Some good points, but not sure she’s becoming more popular this way. She should be posting 70% SU football and driving some for he other stuff to Insta.

Fair and I agree with you. At her age, though, I’ll cut her some slack.

She also has her email on her Twitter if anyone wants to email what they want to see from her coverage directly to her.

Thing is, and this is just my guess, is her interests and online personality map a lot to someone like Mallory Rubin of The Ringer (no idea if anyone knows of her on this board, a Cuse grad tho!). Sports/pop culture mix.

Fair and I agree with you. At her age, though, I’ll cut her some slack.

She also has her email on her Twitter if anyone wants to email what they want to see from her coverage directly to her.

Thing is, and this is just my guess, is her interests and online personality map a lot to someone like Mallory Rubin of The Ringer (no idea if anyone knows of her on this board, a Cuse grad tho!). Sports/pop culture mix.
That’s fine if that is her angle. But Rubin isn’t a beat writer and doesn’t claim to be.

That’s fine if that is her angle. But Rubin isn’t a beat writer and doesn’t claim to be.

Yep. I get it. but her stuff on Syracuse.com is her football stream. Her Twitter is a mix. Doesn’t bother me.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I think it actually benefits Cuse in the bigger picture.

This thread is kind of cringy.

I think all Syracuse.com sports writers at least occasionally tweet non-Syracuse sports related tweets. Axeman even gets political on his and I can picture Donna Ditota’s dog in my head, so let’s cut the new person some slack.

I’m just happy there are young people willing to move to Syracuse to cover the team.

As an Atlanta Braves fan there was a beat writer that i followed that was similar...more about his favorite music and food than the Braves...which is fine...but dont advertise your twitter as Braves news
You must be talking about Dave O’Brien. He’s ridiculous and sensitive as hell. He blocked me a few months ago when someone said his voice was annoying and I joked that they should subscribe to his podcast. Guy takes himself way too seriously at the same time acting like he’s the cool guy with his food and music choices.

This thread is kind of cringy.

I think all Syracuse.com sports writers at least occasionally tweet non-Syracuse sports related tweets. Axeman even gets political on his and I can picture Donna Ditota’s dog in my head, so let’s cut the new person some slack.

I’m just happy there are young people willing to move to Syracuse to cover the team.
Agreed. If she wasn’t a woman, would you guys still have the same issues? Get over it.

LOL. One writer is tweeting out clips of practice and one is tweeting about a review of the movie 'NOPE'

This isn't sexism. We just want coverage. I'm all for you plugging your own non-SU stuff, but read the room first.

She does a recruiting piece titled "Who's next?" Then, basically, cuts and pastes bios on the already committed recruits; without any mention of kids we might still be in play for. Great effort Emily.
Way to bamboozle.

Last edited:
She does a recruiting piece titled "Who's next?" Then, basically, cuts and pastes bios on the already committed recruits; without any mention of kids we might still be in play for. Great effort Emily.
Way to bamboozle.
Lazy. And clearly not invested. It is a real shame. There are probably a lot of people who would be willing to do the job in the Syracuse area and would at least be invested.

Talent & degrees only take you so far. She ain't it.

Lazy. And clearly not invested. It is a real shame. There are probably a lot of people who would be willing to do the job in the Syracuse area and would at least be invested.

Talent & degrees only take you so far. She ain't it.
Damn it, we have 3.45 million Syracuse football fans. Can't we find one, that wants this job?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to post a dinosaur graphic.

e90de7f2-dae9-49b6-8533-04ebede57368-shutterstock-1438260563.jpg

It's one of my favorite jokes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom