I can’t be the only one…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I can’t be the only one….

She’s probably around my age and she was a tough follow even for me. Had to give it the unfollow. I’m sure she is a wonderful lady and works hard but she doesn’t seem to know much about SU and the history of the program as far as like literally last year lol. Also tough to follow her pop culture, outside work activities on her Twitter. She really should have a personal Twitter and business Twitter. Tough to mix play and business together in her line of work. Very easy to turn people off your work when you do that and that’s exactly what’s happening with her

Strike 1 - "Empty press room" @ ACC Media Day
Strike 2 - Misspelled Boeheim in an article(OK, maybe she's a natural SU reporter for this misstep.)
Strike 3 - ?
Strike 3 - Profit?

iu

bottom line is nobody cares about her and her thoughts.

just tell us what happened at practice.

if theres no practice, then dont clog my twitter feed with that nonsense.

i cant imagine that shlit flies in mizzou either, but here in the northeast... no fluckin way.

Just read the articles posted on Syracuse dot com and don't follow on social. Problem solved.

The good thing about Twitter is that you get other quick hitters at practice, real time, or other insights before the game, at press conferences, etc.

Bailey is really good at this and his twitter feed is typically just about SU football (his choice).

But yeah, that's how I've solved the problem.

The good thing about Twitter is that you get other quick hitters at practice, real time, or other insights before the game, at press conferences, etc.

Bailey is really good at this and his twitter feed is typically just about SU football (his choice).

But yeah, that's how I've solved the problem.

I agree with you. The Twitter benefit is that there's other options out there like you mentioned.

As an Atlanta Braves fan there was a beat writer that i followed that was similar...more about his favorite music and food than the Braves...which is fine...but dont advertise your twitter as Braves news

As an Atlanta Braves fan there was a beat writer that i followed that was similar...more about his favorite music and food than the Braves...which is fine...but dont advertise your twitter as Braves news
Who was that? Just curious because I’m a Braves fan also and follow Justin Toscano and David O’Brien and think they are pretty good. Before them?

Who was that? Just curious because I’m a Braves fan also and follow Justin Toscano and David O’Brien and think they are pretty good. Before them?
I actually think it might have been DOB or Bill Shanks. I might have to look back to see if there was another...name is escaping me. I generally dont mind DOB...Bowman isnt my cup of tea

Damn you Clark Howard!!

bottom line is nobody cares about her and her thoughts.

just tell us what happened at practice.

if theres no practice, then dont clog my twitter feed with that nonsense.

i cant imagine that shlit flies in mizzou either, but here in the northeast... no fluckin way.
Did someone put a gun to your head and make you follow her twitter? Any good tweets get copied here anyway.

Did someone put a gun to your head and make you follow her twitter? Any good tweets get copied here anyway.
No, was hoping she’d read that.

That’s not the point.

People want their beat writers to provide them insight on the team. Follow the pro team beat writers. They may sprinkle in some personal stuff, but especially during football season, it is ALL pro football content.

Syracuse football is a niche product. When the local paper/main news outlet in the same city sticks a 20-something on the beat with not a whole lot of relevant experience, it tells you all you need to know about what they think of the product.

Compare the FB coverage at Syracuse dot com to the MBB coverage in season. They have two seasoned professionals with a combined 40+ years of experience (if not more). Not even close.

She has 36 articles on Syracuse.com dating back 31 days about Cuse and Cuse football. I’m assuming everyone in this thread complaining has already read every single word of each of those.

Do you think a media person can survive on Twitter and in her job just reporting on a team that’s been bad to mediocre for most of the past two decades?

Her becoming more popular and having more of a following means her Cuse football coverage gets seen by more people.

Guess what, catering to the over 40 crowd of Syracuse football die hards only won’t keep her around. Btw, I’m in that category.

Also, the people complaining about twitter sound like old cranks who don’t know how to use an app that’s been around for over 15 years. You can curate it to get exactly what you want. Bailey, McCalister, LockedOn, etc all have feeds as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom